Not sure where this goes.. Introduction

Sit down, skin up!

Moderator: Moderators

Ikku
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 2687
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:12 am
Contact:

Re: Not sure where this goes.. Introduction

Post by Ikku »

I agree on the acting high and mighty thing. My brother seems to think he knows me better than I know myself because he understands how the mind works. Whatever. I think it might apply to a lot of college degrees though. I am close to getting my Biology degree and I definitely feel smarter than your average person when it comes to physics, chemistry, and bio/medical knowledge. And once I have the degree to prove it I will probably be just a little smug...
I personally recommend checking oneself for OCD at least once every 5 minutes.
andriaSRH
s†☼nër bi†ch
s†☼nër bi†ch
Posts: 6299
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:43 am
Location: welcome to the midwest
Contact:

Re: Not sure where this goes.. Introduction

Post by andriaSRH »

Your brother is hot :lol:

Yes...I was facebook creeping. Don't judge me.
(weedguru)scarf
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 5762
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:50 pm
Contact:

Re: Not sure where this goes.. Introduction

Post by (weedguru)scarf »

Ella_Bella wrote:
(weedguru)scarf wrote:what do you do for social interaction for your daughter?
Scarf, we are a part of several groups of home-schoolers that meet up throughout the week to do various field trips, play dates, crafts, sports, library trips, etc.etc. We see people every day, and not just people her age, but she interacts with everyone from the elderly to infants on a regular basis, so she is the kind of child that feels comfortable talking to anyone. Truthfully it was the opportunities for social interaction that pushed me over the edge on home schooling. Home Schooled kids are almost always more social adept because they do not feel intimidated by adults like children from public school do...Obviously there are exceptions...but any parent who secludes their child is doing them a horrible disservice! These groups even hold graduation ceremonies and dances...



~Ella

ah i see... i didnt know that those services exist... i suppose i was just stereotyping home schooling as a rural service....
cheers for the reply
woah
Ella_Bella
Casual toker
Casual toker
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:00 pm
Location: BFE America
Contact:

Re: Not sure where this goes.. Introduction

Post by Ella_Bella »

It's cool.. actually it's the one argument everyone brings up... if more people understood how much MORE socialization home schooled children get they would realize that the argument is really in favor of home schooling... I mean I can remember A LOT about my public school education...the parties :hessam: , the drugs :bonghit: , the sex, :banana: but don't ask me what I learned in class, :ohjeez: I wouldn't know... I like it that my daughter doesn't have to grow up so quickly too, children should be allowed to be children as long as they can be... at least that's what I think. :)

~Ella
~Ella
sugarstalker
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin
Posts: 978
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:38 pm
Location: Norway
Contact:

Re: Not sure where this goes.. Introduction

Post by sugarstalker »

Ella_Bella wrote: they tend to act all high and mighty, and while they will be more than happy to tell you where your character quirks are most of them have no clue as to what theirs are.
~Ella
that's not really difficult to understand. it's always easier to see stuff about others because you're more objective about it, and you get to see it. while with your own quirks and habits you usually just do it without thinking about it.

as the saying goes:
"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?
Image
Ella_Bella
Casual toker
Casual toker
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:00 pm
Location: BFE America
Contact:

Re: Not sure where this goes.. Introduction

Post by Ella_Bella »

I agree, not difficult to understand.. just difficult to tolerate... especially when they think they're perfect and couldn't imagine what quirks you see in them, and of course even if you point them out they wont be acknowledged at all. But they will be more than happy to tell you yours. I try not to surround myself with frustrating people if at all possible...

~Ella
~Ella
Gorecore
Weedguru Grampy
Weedguru Grampy
Posts: 4115
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:33 pm
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Contact:

Re: Not sure where this goes.. Introduction

Post by Gorecore »

Hi Ella! My name is Keith, but most people on here call me Gore.

I'm just an average joe who likes to kill families of bears with my teeth and rip apart endangered species with my bare hands.

I drink beer. Lots of beer. I throw guitars through windshields of vehicles that don't stop when I want them to. Pizza is my favorite food. I smelled some flowers once.

Nice meeting you! Stick around. I won't devour you or your family, so long as you provide me with pizza and belly scratches from time to time.

Big bear hugs,
Gore.
Image
Regarded
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin
Posts: 834
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:36 pm
Location: Israel
Contact:

Re: Not sure where this goes.. Introduction

Post by Regarded »

Welcome! I'm sure you'll have alot of fun here :)
But excuse me, what is the meaning of the name Ella?
Image
Ella_Bella
Casual toker
Casual toker
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:00 pm
Location: BFE America
Contact:

Re: Not sure where this goes.. Introduction

Post by Ella_Bella »

It's a variation on my real name...My friends called me Ella Bella one day, and it stuck... :cheers:

~Ella
~Ella
logically
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope
Posts: 1564
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:41 am
Location: the woods
Contact:

Re: Not sure where this goes.. Introduction

Post by logically »

bella is beauty in spanish.... but its pronounced like bay-ya lol..
ImageA warrior may choose pacifism, all others are condemned to it.Image
Regarded
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin
Posts: 834
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:36 pm
Location: Israel
Contact:

Re: Not sure where this goes.. Introduction

Post by Regarded »

Bella is beauty in italian as well, isn't it?
Image
sugarstalker
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin
Posts: 978
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:38 pm
Location: Norway
Contact:

Re: Not sure where this goes.. Introduction

Post by sugarstalker »

logically wrote:bella is beauty in spanish.... but its pronounced like bay-ya lol..
Regarded wrote:Bella is beauty in italian as well, isn't it?
both of you are right, it's the same in spanish and italian, but it is not pronounced bay-ya. although two L's are usually pronounced as a "J", there are exceptions.
Image
Ikku
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 2687
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:12 am
Contact:

Re: Not sure where this goes.. Introduction

Post by Ikku »

The spanish "ll" is pronounced like a weird combination of y and j. All of my friends who speak Spanish as their first language often mispronounce both y's and j's in English since in Spanish they have a sound that's in between.

Ms. Ella says she is a southern belle. These are the rich, classy girls of the American south. Very well mannered, well groomed, well dressed. There's not too many of them in the younger generation, but I know plenty of mothers that fit the stereotype.
I personally recommend checking oneself for OCD at least once every 5 minutes.
logically
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope
Posts: 1564
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:41 am
Location: the woods
Contact:

Re: Not sure where this goes.. Introduction

Post by logically »

sugarstalker wrote:
logically wrote:bella is beauty in spanish.... but its pronounced like bay-ya lol..

both of you are right, it's the same in spanish and italian, but it is not pronounced bay-ya. although two L's are usually pronounced as a "J", there are exceptions.
yeah lol i wasn't asking, i was saying. maybe in italian its a j sound but in spanish its definitely the weird y/j sounds ikku refered to.

lol i just found this

http://tts.imtranslator.net/GQxs

that's really stiff, but you get the idea.
ImageA warrior may choose pacifism, all others are condemned to it.Image
AbbyRoad
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 4340
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:09 am
Location: Sarnia
Contact:

Re: Not sure where this goes.. Introduction

Post by AbbyRoad »

dear new members, we have an introduction topic started many years ago.
dear mods, maybe we should sticky that topic?
Image
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users