Egypt Protest against President

Have any news that needs publishing, or want to comment on a current article? Post here

Moderator: Moderators

logically
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope
Posts: 1564
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:41 am
Location: the woods
Contact:

Re: Egypt Protest against President

Post by logically »

WeedGuru_Flow wrote:Yemen, Serbia, Oman, just about every neighboring country is in the same socio-economical situation.

I wouldn't mind if they were all replaced by true Islamic governments, you know the people that actually interpret the quran as a peaceful book rather than what the extremist elements we've all come to dislike would love to oppose on the world at large.

Can there be a peaceful Islamic government? I don't know (and that literally means I don't know)

I always thought the quran was a peaceful book too.... but is there a place where it is actually interpreted that way by the majority of leaders?
ImageA warrior may choose pacifism, all others are condemned to it.Image
WeedGuru_Flow
Red Eye Jedi
Posts: 8722
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:41 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Re: Egypt Protest against President

Post by WeedGuru_Flow »

I suppose like with christians you have extremists that stand out through their violent action and a majority of people with no intention of instigating hatred or trouble.

And i'm totally unfamiliar with either religion so I can't tell either, I find it especially strange that people actually follow such extremists, like with the German population during world war 2 ...
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we would all be running around darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music.
weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 6562
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2002 6:07 pm
Location: south
Contact:

Re: Egypt Protest against President

Post by weedguru_animal »

Many of these leaders are as 'religious' about their 'religion', as our leaders in the West are '100% focused' on 'capitalist/materialist control mechanisms'...It seems so wrong, to blame these uprisings on Religion. Of course it plays a part...but revolutions, uprisings, the slaves rising up against the priests, are rarely purely rooted in anything aside from savage, brtual megalomaniacs. Just because our leaders puff out their chests and talk of the need for democracy, does not make me believe we are fortunate to have such morally righteous people leading our nations in the west...for they are the exact same group of Kunts, who have not just put most of these dictators into power, entered into shadowy trade deals with them, but also...fucking armed them. So before we start pointing our fingers, mine included of course, at any religion, we need to understand how such dictators have remained in power for so long...the answers lie, very likely, too close to home for comfort. I do not for a second, see Gaddafi as any worse than George Bush...equally brutal. In fact I am less hateful towards Gaddafi, as he has Style...and doesn't bother to pretend he is something he is not. Both evil swine...
logically
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope
Posts: 1564
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:41 am
Location: the woods
Contact:

Re: Egypt Protest against President

Post by logically »

so basically the religion of a government is a moot point and they will corrupt no matter what?
ImageA warrior may choose pacifism, all others are condemned to it.Image
weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 6562
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2002 6:07 pm
Location: south
Contact:

Re: Egypt Protest against President

Post by weedguru_animal »

logically wrote:so basically the religion of a government is a moot point and they will corrupt no matter what?
the way I see it, mate...completely. The levels of corruption vary, as does the masking of the corruption. But the only country I know of, whose government seems in any way, truly lovely and warm to LIFE in general, is Bhutan...I am a fan of the Chavez led socialist revolution sweeping across latin american, and I love what I know and perceive of CHavez himself, and Morales in BOlivia...but the work to be done in those countries will take time, due to a lengthy period of western, mainly, perhaps solely US backed dictators and an elite, resource owning minority, ruling the roost...so its easier for me to suggest that bolivia and venzuala, seem at least headed in the right direction.

But in terms of Islamic states meaning BAD, EVIL governments, and western 'democratic', capitalist', seculars states meaning GOOD and Progressive...no, i dont make such a differentation. Saddam Hussein was an evil cunt. Not due to his religious beliefs...he was simply an evil cunt. And look what has happened after his removal??? a society plunged into a bloody, gruesome mess, with most the fighting and widespread slaughter rooted in religious fanaticism. Part of me believes, that with some countries, homing certan ethnic or religious groups, who are at best mutually abrasive, without a brutal dictator chap who basically says do as i say, or die, they are actually worse off. Can anyone be certain that removing Mubarak will lead to a better life for most egyptians??? or have many of us simply been directed, spoon fed this 'revolutionary' bullshit from our media institutions???? I mean...i wonder how many americans would say that Iraq is better off without Saddam???Or how many brits for that matter?? or how many iraqis???

the biggest threats to the majority of people in the middle east, are very clearly, in their minds and hearts, Israel and the US...yet the western media, and even government officials, see nothing wrong with telling their people, that the US cables suggesting King abdullah of Jordan is fearful of Iran, and this proves that Iran is a threat to the region. How many millions of people swallow such bullshit, without stopping to ponder...'who the fuck is abdullah'?? and what do his people think??? Well...as a US ally, as a vicious dictator, his opinion is obviously NOT representative of Jordanians as a whole...yet it is presented as so.

I have gone off on several tangents, mate...hopefully some will be of interest!
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users