Apple

Discuss poems from this section, or post one of your own here

Moderators: weedguru_animal, Moderators

Post Reply
Grrrl
Moderator
Posts: 1220
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2003 12:19 pm
Location: Manchester, uk
Contact:

Apple

Post by Grrrl »

ska song i wrote:

A rotten apple to the core
Too much for even worms to endure

Since the day that I fell from the tree
I knew I would grow up to be
Not the apple thats in your eye
Dont pretend you are surprised,
You look at me and what do you see
Another apple fallen from the tree,
Look again you’ll see something more
A rotten apple to the core

A rotten apple to the core
Too much for even worms to endure

To those of you who’d dare take a bite,
Think back to that poor snow white,
How’d you like them apples I say,
Guess they lied about ‘an apple a day’
Cos the fruit dont fall far from the tree,
I remain the way the world left me,
Disregarded, left to waste,
Leftovers of a slap in the face.

A rotten apple to the core
Too much for even worms to endure
Image
Me importa un pimiento...
weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 6562
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2002 6:07 pm
Location: south
Contact:

Re: Apple

Post by weedguru_animal »

you are so far from disregarded, my dear...X
AbbyRoad
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 4340
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:09 am
Location: Sarnia
Contact:

Re: Apple

Post by AbbyRoad »

i love me some ska

i played some funky beats in my head as a read this over.
nice job grrrrl, you could really skank to it
and its good to see you posting again
Image
weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 6562
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2002 6:07 pm
Location: south
Contact:

Re: Apple

Post by weedguru_animal »

i wish she shared her thoughts more reglularly, for in my realm, she is a queen supreme...one of few as dangerously honest as myself.
AbbyRoad
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 4340
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:09 am
Location: Sarnia
Contact:

Re: Apple

Post by AbbyRoad »

good to hear youll be back
so you go to school for art Grrl?
I have been thinking about taking a Fine Arts course at a local college. care to share some advice?
Image
Grrrl
Moderator
Posts: 1220
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2003 12:19 pm
Location: Manchester, uk
Contact:

Re: Apple

Post by Grrrl »

Yea I'm a mature student at a local university (not that you would know from looking at me).
Advice? errm...You should try to find one that doesnt stifle your creativity and lets you roll with your own ideas, and dont forget to take into account that art is one of the most expensive courses material wise and time wise. My social life has been dead over 12months now bar the odd absolutely unmissable event here and there. I dont really know how your education system works over there and if you get student loans or anything, so I'm not really sure how to advise you on that side of things though.
Image
Me importa un pimiento...
Weedguru_Fire_Inside
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 3686
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2004 1:03 pm
Location: England
Contact:

Re: Apple

Post by Weedguru_Fire_Inside »

Cool concept, but I think i'd have to hear it in song to fully appreciate it.
Death is the only certainty. EVERYTHING else is variable.
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users