FoxFarms

The place to seek help for sick plants, and general growth related topics

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
FoxyFarmer
Why Hello There !
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:09 pm
Contact:

FoxFarms

Post by FoxyFarmer »

You guys sure have alot of great information on these boards!

I've got 3 plants currently growing under a 400 watt HPS light. My babies are in FoxFarms Ocean Forest Soil and I have yet to feed them any food as they are only 2 weeks old

I see signs of yellowing so I know I have to feed them soon.

But I'm not sure what I should buy. I want to order Fox farms nutrients as well, but I can't figure out which products I need. Like Grow Big, Big Bloom, Tiger Bloom..do I need all three? And which are used in veg and which in flowering? Are there other micronutrients I need?

Image

They look hungry right?
AbbyRoad
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 4340
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:09 am
Location: Sarnia
Contact:

Re: FoxFarms

Post by AbbyRoad »

have you given them any other type of plant food?
cause the yellowing could be from a number of things.
Image
FoxyFarmer
Why Hello There !
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:09 pm
Contact:

Re: FoxFarms

Post by FoxyFarmer »

No, they haven't had anything yet
Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Posts: 14620
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:31 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: FoxFarms

Post by Weedguru Higher »

Have a look at this, it should answer your questions

http://www.foxfarmfertilizer.com/faqfox-liquidfert.html

Otherwise Sprize who used Fox Farms might come along and offer some more advice

Your plant definately is showing a deficiency of some sorts...what it is isn't even relevant seeing that they have never been fed yet.

You gotta get some food into them soon! Worst case go get something cheap at a gardens store while you are waiting for your order
Image
blackxs
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin
Posts: 648
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:36 pm
Contact:

Re: FoxFarms

Post by blackxs »

They sell Foxfarms locally for me, check the Foxfarms website for local stores. Might be worth the drive to be able to pick up some stuff today and get em nice and fed.

Im also curious any information regarding the Foxfarms fertilizers and their soils. I am also using the ocean mix and my plants are going to need some nutes in a couple weeks
If you agree with the above post, please decrease my karma
SpRi7e
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 5208
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:48 am
Contact:

Re: FoxFarms

Post by SpRi7e »

How much you trying to spend for nutrients? $60 or $100? On average, the 3 basic fertilizers for Fox Farms are about 60 bucks.. If you want to go all out you can buy the full nutrient set from them which will definitely help out, the only thing is I don't know how much of a difference it'll make or if it's even worth it. But when you buy these, you'll probably have enough to use the nutes through 3-4 grow cycles
Peace Not Greed.
Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Posts: 14620
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:31 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: FoxFarms

Post by Weedguru Higher »

Fox Farms is the best of the best...
Image
blackxs
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin
Posts: 648
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:36 pm
Contact:

Re: FoxFarms

Post by blackxs »

SpRi7e wrote:How much you trying to spend for nutrients? $60 or $100? On average, the 3 basic fertilizers for Fox Farms are about 60 bucks.. If you want to go all out you can buy the full nutrient set from them which will definitely help out, the only thing is I don't know how much of a difference it'll make or if it's even worth it. But when you buy these, you'll probably have enough to use the nutes through 3-4 grow cycles
I think my girlfriend is buying my the Fox farms liquid nutes for christmas :P Woman knows what I like :blunt:

Ive been reading a lot and I think especially using their soil, their nutes will provide the best results.
If you agree with the above post, please decrease my karma
Weedguru_RyaNayR
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope
Posts: 1664
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:11 pm
Location: The Sky
Contact:

Re: FoxFarms

Post by Weedguru_RyaNayR »

Weedguru Higher wrote:Otherwise Sprize who used Fox Farms might come along and offer some more advice
ok, i've ignored this for several times now, but now i'm gonna call you out on it man; Wtf is with you calling him 'Sprize' alll the time? the 7 is supposed to be a T, not a Z! why would you think... nevermind, but yeah you should call him Sprite from now on, cause yeah..

:ohjeez:
Weedguru_Fire_Inside
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 3686
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2004 1:03 pm
Location: England
Contact:

Re: FoxFarms

Post by Weedguru_Fire_Inside »

I have never heard of this FoxFarms company before. Are they worth a try? I've always used Canna and they've been great.

They say if it ain't broke, don't fix it, but it's always good to experiment eh?
Death is the only certainty. EVERYTHING else is variable.
blackxs
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin
Posts: 648
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:36 pm
Contact:

Re: FoxFarms

Post by blackxs »

Weedguru_Fire_Inside wrote:I have never heard of this FoxFarms company before. Are they worth a try? I've always used Canna and they've been great.

They say if it ain't broke, don't fix it, but it's always good to experiment eh?
FoxFarms is a hugely reputable company especially for our kind of growing. Its basically the "go-to" soil in the US for growing pot. I also VAGUELY remember hearing canna and foxfarms are almost the same stuff. It might even be the same stuff under different names. Probably not though. FoxFarms is great though. Ocean Forest mix is very strong in nutrients - some people go 50/50 with perlite to get the nutrients down a little and hold more water.

Its a sterilized, nutrient rich soil that is very airy and perfect for weed.
If you agree with the above post, please decrease my karma
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users