An issue in Toronto, and Im sure in lots of other places

Sit down, skin up!

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
TheProfessional
Casual toker
Casual toker
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 5:32 pm
Contact:

An issue in Toronto, and Im sure in lots of other places

Post by TheProfessional »

But now, and for some time now, Kush has been dominating the market, so much so that if you dont have it, then I'll find it somewhere else. my question is, how the hell did it get to this point? i remember when i first started smoking 7 years ago, i had a different strain everytime i bought and i always had amazing highs, my friend/former dealer says it was just the virgin lungs, and anything and everything woulda gotten me blitzed off my ass. but i dont think its true i think we were getting quality in all sorts of variety and quantity.

now its just kush, kush, kush. i aint complaining, its just weird that its all anyone ever wants again. sometimes i occasionally get the other stuff just to try something else and its still really good, just had blueberry haze and grape chronic recently and i think the haze got me higher than the kush i smoked the next day. anyone else noticed this trend? kush taking over the market?
Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Posts: 14620
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:31 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: An issue in Toronto, and Im sure in lots of other places

Post by Weedguru Higher »

Kush is just a label that dealers slap on for marketing purposes. They used to use the word chronic alot..now you hear kush. Both words mean the same....absolutely nothing
Image
weedguru_waffles

Re: An issue in Toronto, and Im sure in lots of other places

Post by weedguru_waffles »

Yeah I think a lot of people just make up names or label it as something that its not.
Anyways, I don't think it's 'taking over the market'... there are plenty of other strains out there. Plus I know a few people that grow, and a they grow different strains.... So I think it just really depends who your connection is and perhaps how well you know them/grower. I don't really care about name. You can be getting Princess Fiona for all I care...:p
leprechaun
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 457
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:33 pm
Location: Co. Antrim
Contact:

Re: An issue in Toronto, and Im sure in lots of other places

Post by leprechaun »

i hate slappin names on weed, it makes it sound silly. i dont want my weed to be named after some sort of fucking cheese, or what have you. dam gimicky names can get on my nerves sometimes. i just like it when someone says they've got some good weed, when i hear people start saying things like "i can get that pineapple express gear" god that annoys me. especially when they put so much trust in the fact that they are the lucky soul who has landed upon jackpot dealer who is basically a walking talking cafe.

as for your kush problem, meh weeds weed. the only way around it would be to seek new contacts, but thats a pain in the ass i think.
Four star familiar.

Image
captainMorton
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope
Posts: 1165
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:47 pm
Location: brampton on CANADA!!
Contact:

Re: An issue in Toronto, and Im sure in lots of other places

Post by captainMorton »

yeah, my dealers never tell me the strain, and if they do, i tell them I dont give a flying horseshoe fuck, just tell me if its good or not.

shit man, i still hear people saying they are getting purple haze, but i just let them enjoy their delusions.

the last stuff i got the guy told me it was right from the hells angels in good ole montreal. I decided to throw the (in my experience) retardedly high cost of 80$ for a 1/4 to get it.


so fucking worth it, a little onepape got me fucked off my rocker.
[img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e387/Shortfingers/captainsigcopy.jpg[/img]
[i][b][size=150][color=green]Who am I to Judge who Struck you down?[/color][/size][/b][/i]
Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Posts: 14620
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:31 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: An issue in Toronto, and Im sure in lots of other places

Post by Weedguru Higher »

the guys who are dealing things big enough to 'take over the market' certainly don't care a hoot about the strain name...it's just ounces and pounds and tons of plain old marijuana to them, nothing else.
Image
captainMorton
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope
Posts: 1165
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:47 pm
Location: brampton on CANADA!!
Contact:

Re: An issue in Toronto, and Im sure in lots of other places

Post by captainMorton »

im not saying thats who it is actually from, hell, my old principal could have sold it to him, lol

Im just saying that this time, it was some amazing fucking weed, lol
[img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e387/Shortfingers/captainsigcopy.jpg[/img]
[i][b][size=150][color=green]Who am I to Judge who Struck you down?[/color][/size][/b][/i]
WeedGuru_Flow
Red Eye Jedi
Posts: 8722
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:41 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Re: An issue in Toronto, and Im sure in lots of other places

Post by WeedGuru_Flow »

The only thing I inform myself about when I buy weed from my dealer is whether it's a standard strain or some type of haze, all I need to know.
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we would all be running around darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music.
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users