Anyone get panic attack here?

Sit down, skin up!

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
mr.hookah
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 212
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:31 am
Contact:

Anyone get panic attack here?

Post by mr.hookah »

Hey guys, Sorry but I just really needed to type out everything I'm going through right now in hopes I might feel a little better after I'm done.

I'm now 22 years old (birthday was yesterday), and I've been having panic attacks since I was around 6. I can vividly remember screaming for my parents in bed, complaining that my "heart was stopping". Often I would force my dad to feel my heart and reassure me that I was ok.

When I was 17, the panic attacks started interfering with school. I started seeing a therapist, though he wasn't able to do anything for my panic attacks and I finally found relief when I was put on 50 mg of Zoloft.

I've always hated the thought of being medicated my entire life, so about once every 2 years I've attempted to stop the zoloft. I've tried weaning off over VERY long periods, but every time I try to get off my panic attacks come back in full force. About 8 months ago I attempted another wean off the meds, and was successfully off the medication for about 3 months before I had a complete breakdown. I had to quit everything I was doing, work and school, and had to move back in with my parents and younger brother.

For the last 3 months I've been back on the zolof, but I finally found a program that's natural and is supposed to completely cure you. A friend (brothers friend, to be exact) had great success and said he feels a thousand times better. He isn't dependent on medicine anymore and he's real happy about it. I have to say im quite impressed myself with the results so far (its been 2 weeks on the program). The program is called The Panics Cure System . Anyone try it before? Awesome stuff (so far...) Im just worried that the effects might fade after a while or something.

Anyone get panic attacks?
WeedGuru_Flow
Red Eye Jedi
Posts: 8722
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:41 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Re: Anyone get panic attack here?

Post by WeedGuru_Flow »

I can't say I ever had panic attacks no, glad that program seems to work but forgive me if this comes across a bit weird, sounds like you're advertising for that website :p


Ever tried smoking weed? Does that help control the attacks?
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we would all be running around darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music.
pkkupo
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope
Posts: 1761
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:12 am
Location: Minnesota, USA
Contact:

Re: Anyone get panic attack here?

Post by pkkupo »

Well, even if he is advertising, it's an interesting topic...


I've seen a couple panic attacks in my day but never had one... I am however notorious for anxiety attacks. I haven't had one in a almost a year and they are very infrequent these days, but I have a feeling I have yet to see the last one... And Flow, I have a feeling weed would make it much worse...

Mine start as general worrying. Unwittingly focusing on worrisome, pessimistic thoughts such as failure and uselessness, and the fact that life is meaningless and yet I must endure many more years... Stuff like that... My knees start to shake, I start to breathe heavily. I get restless and sometimes dizzy. I don't have the cognitive power at the time to talk to anyone properly... Since the attacks are the result of me convincing myself of some contrived bullshit, it takes me a while to talk myself out of it. Sometimes an hour or two... Not fun. good luck with your system Mr. Hookah. hope it's not some placebo bullshit...
Image
Like all dreamers, I mistook disenchantment for truth...
andriaSRH
s†☼nër bi†ch
s†☼nër bi†ch
Posts: 6299
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:43 am
Location: welcome to the midwest
Contact:

Re: Anyone get panic attack here?

Post by andriaSRH »

I smoke weed for my panic attacks.

I feel like I can't breathe and my heart races a mile a minute. It doesn't happen that often. They might just be anxiety attacks idk. I don't usually worry about stuff...certain things just make me freak out.
AbbyRoad
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 4340
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:09 am
Location: Sarnia
Contact:

Re: Anyone get panic attack here?

Post by AbbyRoad »

ive had one panic attack because i was really freaked out about surgery the next day and i was having a slow night at work. by the end of my shift i felt really fucked up, i was suffering from disassociation, like nothing really felt real around me. if i closed my eyes or stopped focusing id get really dizzy and almost fall over. i told a girl i worked with how i was feeling and we talked it out, she was able to calm me down quite a bit. then we blazed after work.
now anxiety attacks i dont really get, i just talk myself out of them easily.
awkward attacks happen to me daily tho, and it can feel socially crippling
Image
SpRi7e
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 5208
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:48 am
Contact:

Re: Anyone get panic attack here?

Post by SpRi7e »

If you're having panic attacks, medication is just going to suppress it for it to come out again exactly like you were saying, and not control it. You gotta do the work in your head to get rid of it. The way the program works seems to work is by using a cognitive behavioral treatment that helps you get around it. It seems like the program might actually be real since it deals with getting rid of the problem in your mind and not with drugs.

Also Andria, what you're talking about is an anxiety attack like you said.
Peace Not Greed.
TmD
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin
Posts: 571
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:52 pm
Location: SoCal
Contact:

Re: Anyone get panic attack here?

Post by TmD »

My brother use to get panic attacks pretty bad but he was put on klonpin which is a pretty hard core med and hes trying to get off that now. Im not sure what really causes panic attacks but he was unhealthy then and now lives a healthy life style and lost a ton of weight. I think mentally changing yourself and maybe changes to your lifestyle so you eat healthy and get your body and brain the things it needs makes a big difference.
Fresh till Death
Gorecore
Weedguru Grampy
Weedguru Grampy
Posts: 4115
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:33 pm
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Contact:

Re: Anyone get panic attack here?

Post by Gorecore »

I don't like to talk about it much but I used to get some hardcore panic attacks for a number of years. They started when I was 13 or 14 and got progressively more frequent and heightened in nature. These panic attacks were causing me to not want to leave my house. I had a few episodes at my job where I HAD to flee. My excuse was always becoming suddenly ill and needing to go home. The last bad one I had, I bolted to my home, locked all the doors, unplugged every phone, and laid in bed with the covers over my head.

The attacks were brutal, to say the least. They'd start out with this slight feeling of choking in my throat. Then my heart would start racing. By a full-on attack, I was covered in sweat, my mind felt like it was racing a million miles a minute, I thought I would pass out, throw up, or just fall down and die right then and there.

After becoming very worried that there was something physically wrong with me, I had to break down and go to my doctor. I described the symptoms I was having and after medication and some therapy, I was feeling much better. I was taking 20mg of Paxil a day for a number of years and it was great not having anymore panic attacks but I felt disconnected and zombie-like. Being a movie zombie is great, feeling like your brain is a puddle of mush is not.

I tried weaning myself off the drug 3 different times and was only successful for 2 months before suffering another panic attack. I remember that one coming out of nowhere. I was walking home from work in a very quiet neighborhood and BAM, it just hit me. I stopped taking 20mg and reduced it to 10mg and the panic attacks stopped again. I also feel much more alert and 'with it' on a smaller dose.

I've never really liked the idea of taking a stupid pill everyday...I call 'em my 'sanity' pills...because it makes me feel like I am of weak character. I keep telling myself that it's a neurological disorder/chemical imbalance/seratonin overload or something fancy like that to nullify that slight guilt I feel. It works for me and that's what keeps me from becoming a complete recluse.
Image
NinjetteDL420
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 342
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:54 pm
Location: Where ever the wind takes me
Contact:

Re: Anyone get panic attack here?

Post by NinjetteDL420 »

my boyfriend and i get really bad panic attacks. Mine started after i did shrooms and had a really bad trip. from then on now i have really bad anxiety. it really sucks. Its like ur trapped inside yourself. Doctor Oscify did a song "take flight" it calms me down if im axious.

I am now a camp Counselor at a place where i feel most safe. But this week was so crazy that i actually had a really bad attack. It was so unreal because again camp is my safe place. So i took an adivan.(spelling?) When i get them i love when people are around me. Even if they start talking about random things such as silly bands lol. but when my pill kicked in i fell calmer... Its better to go through them with one other person around you to help distract. Also sometimes weed isnt the best thing to grab when having a panic attack seeing how it makes ur heart pump faster... unless you get a mellowed out weed (my fav)

I hate pills in general. But sometimes they are the best thing at the time. Maybe not everyday like doc say. but deff if u are in need of one. Because if u slow down and think about the reason that it came about, most of the time u can sort it out in ur head that what ever is the trigger, its not life threatening.

I was watching a video about stress and anxiety. It was about this dude that did research and studied monkeys and the chemicals they produce when they are in stressful situations. And he talked about how anxiety is build into us in order to survive in LIFE THREATENING situations. And that if one could just stop and grasp what is the trigger... relate it to if u are in immediate danger.

i dont know where i was going with this but yeah. Im very sorry to all that suffer from this. it is a fuckin horrible feeling. For me i go to someone that i know is calm. Example i was at at a friends house and i was smoking a lot of weed... and i have ADD hardcore and it was right after prom and when i smoke my senses get heightened. well there was about 9 people in the room i was in... about 7 people down stairs laughing and talking and other people in another room... and EVERONE was talking at the same time with different stories... well i got SO overwelmed i felt like i was going to vomit because i was so anxious... so i picked myself up and walked into my friend moms room and just sat with her. She didnt know why i was there... she was in the middle of packing a bowl for herself, watching a show. and i just sat and talked about how her day was... how she was feeling... and after my anxiety had passed... i told her why i was there... she said that i could come to her always... Im just that person that loves people but not all at once. lol


I dont know if this even answered anything lol... but thats what it means to me. HA
Image
Bubbles
The Green Bastard
The Green Bastard
Posts: 4357
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:10 am
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Anyone get panic attack here?

Post by Bubbles »

goddamn ninjette that shit sucks, over the past couple of years ive had something similar to that except it is triggered when i have to go into social situations on my own. when i smoke a bit of weed to keep a very minimal buzz that doesnt really do anything much i find it destroys the anxiety entirely.
Image
(weedguru)scarf
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 5762
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:50 pm
Contact:

Re: Anyone get panic attack here?

Post by (weedguru)scarf »

I have never experienced panic/anxiety attacks before...

My sister used to suffer from panic attacks... and i remember her screaming for help... i used to rush into her room
and she was curled up in a ball and incredibly tense... she basically couldnt unfurl herself from the ball she was in
because her muscles were so tight.
Im not really sure what she did to fix it... i might ask her... i know it wasnt medication...
i think it might have been psychological help.

i
Bubbles
The Green Bastard
The Green Bastard
Posts: 4357
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:10 am
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Anyone get panic attack here?

Post by Bubbles »

ive decided my anxiety is something i will grow out of as i learn to deal with situations better. although i still tend to avoid any contact.

im really glad i dont have panic attacks though, they sound SOOOO much worse than anxiety attacks, with what Scarf had described and what not.
Image
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users