PAIN

Sit down, skin up!

Moderator: Moderators

SpRi7e
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 5208
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:48 am
Contact:

Re: PAIN

Post by SpRi7e »

When I was younger, I had a tendency to get injured in the face a lot. I've cracked my head open twice in the same spot from doing backflips in to my pool when I was 4-6 years old.

When I first learned to ride my bike, I forgot how to use the brake and ran in to my dads truck and my tooth went through my lip. All of these resulting in only 2-5 stitches.

When I was about 12 or so I broke my first bone snowboarding. I was racing my friend (he had ski's.. I had a snowboard, so I had to BOOK it down the semi-icy mountain) and broke my collarbone. It was one of those crashes where the snow goes EVERYWHERE when you fall and just looked like a cloud of snow developed. It was my last run, I was exhausted from snowboarding for 8 hours strait, and dreaded going down the hill in an emergency sled so I got up and snowboarded down the rest of the mountain knowing full well that it was broken. As I get to the bottom I'm unstrapping my boots in misery when I started leaning forward slipping.. and slipping.. then i yell "OH SHIT CATCH ME I'M FALLI.." and as I say it my friend jumps OUT of the way, making me catch myself on my fall with an already broken bone.. now believe me.. that is a HORRIBLE pain. So I kinda kept it quiet because ever since I was a little kid, I hated going to the doctors/ER for ANYTHING. So I waited 3 days until I finally had to go to school and tried to put my bookbag on.. right there my parents found out how bad my pain really was and I went right to the doctors.. got x-rays, broke it pretty good, my bone was poking up on my skin a decent amount so I had to wear a brace for a month that holds my shoulders back to keep them from moving. I probably wore it only 3 times because of how uncomfortable it was and I healed up perfectly in a month thankfully.. Although I found out a collarbone is a horrible bone to brake because all your muscles you use for doing very simple things, all connect to that spot, so I had to put extra attention to every little movement I had.

During...10th? or 11th grade school year I severely sprained my right ankle 4 times. My first 3 times were when I was skating and trying to learn a hospital flip (go figure) Then my 4th time that year was from playing basketball and slipped a little resulting in a LITTLE pressure on my ankle causing it to just snap again. Each time got easier and easier to sprain, and hurt less every time, so I was pretty much forced to quit skating after that last sprain and how easily it happened.

Since then I've had 3 small breaks in my right hand from UFC fighting with my friends.. 2 of the times it was a boxers break, and the 3rd time I wasn't really sure it was broken, but it just felt extremely bruised for 3 weeks (probably a simple hairline fracture)

But ever since I broke my collarbone I haven't been to the doctors once for a break (except when I had an allergic reaction to something out of nowhere and my throat almost closed up, and my face swelled like a blow fish) they rushed me to the ER immediately for that.

Other than that, I haven't actually worn a cast before surprisingly..seeing as I've knocked myself unconscious a few times from hitting my head skating (it was my life so I was really ballsy skating) and had some pretty bad falls, but nothing ever too major.

From what I've learned by typing this.. I don't learn from my mistakes when it comes to getting injured at all and probably won't in the future.. I get hurt easily, but I'll never let pain or the possibility of pain get in the way of me doing something fun.
Peace Not Greed.
Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Posts: 14620
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:31 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: PAIN

Post by Weedguru Higher »

SToNeR ChRiS wrote:Alright, well I'm about to step outside of the box for a second and say that the worst pain I've ever experienced was due to migraines. Since I started blazing daily, they've pretty much disappeared but sleep was the only cure and crying was almost a necessity.
I had a killer headache once and I wound up going to the emergency room by ambulance. :o I had washed my kitchen floor using ammonia to remove the wax build up and I didn't open enough windows. I like intoxicated myself but didn't know it was that at the time. I left the house feeling fine and drove downtown. When I got there I was stricken with a horrible, horrible headache. I started trembling and my eyes got blurry. I couldn't even walk...every step I took made it hurt worse. I sat in the car for like half an hour until it sorta passed and managed to get back home. Then it hit me again...my knees buckled and I couldn't hold myself up. I wound up on my hands and knees and I barfed on the living room rug. I was dizzy and the whole works along with really blurred vision. I had to lay perfectly still, any movement was unbearable. My girlfriend was freaking out and so was I...I was sure something was majorily wrong. Since I couldn't drive and my gf didn't have her lisence we called an ambulance. The ride to the hospital was pure torture. I was barely even able to talk. We were on a bumpy road and they detoured a bit to get on a smoother road to the hospital. It was awful, I thought it was something real serious going on in my brain like an aneurism (sp?) or something....At the hospital I mentionned the ammoniac and they said I was like poisoned from the fumes. They gave me a strong painkiller and I soon felt better. Except I was stricken with like a panic attack after. The had left me behind a curtain on a stretcher alone, and I had this overpowering feeling of claustrophobia. I tore the IV out of my arm., threw on my clothes and left. They never noticed me walking by the nurses station. When I got out I called my gf who was at home with the kids, and she was like where the fuck are you the hospital just called and said you were gone! I took a taxi home and was fine after.

I can't believe I had forgotten that..it was definatley my most painful experience ever.
Image
pkkupo
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope
Posts: 1761
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:12 am
Location: Minnesota, USA
Contact:

Re: PAIN

Post by pkkupo »

Jesus christ Higher, and I thought I had been through some shit.... Being poisoned is NOT an enjoyable kind of pain. That's more like discomfort taken to a wild extreme.....Spri7e, I can definitely identify with your type of injuries... I imagine Traceurs and skaters encounter similar shit when falling from a bail....rails, walls, concrete, etc.... Although it sounds like you've broken a few more bones than I have. I'm definitely not as ballsy as you with my Parkour as you were with skating...

I can't wait to read the rest of these...So much pain, so much empathy. I love it.

EDIT*
cutthecashflow wrote:I agree with waffles, you guys are nuts if you think pain is enjoyable.

For me, I've tore my ACL in one knee and my MCL in the other, both due to sports injuries. I've had a grade three high ankle sprain (most painful yet) from basketball. Broken a bone in my other foot from basketball. I also broke my right foot (same as the ankle sprain) when I crashed my dirtbike going 60 mph; that one could have been a lot worse. All in all, my upper body has been unscathed, but my lower body has been beat up pretty bad.
I have to believe that for any given active individual, injuries from the waist down are much more common. Ankles, knees, feet.... Not so efficiently developed in the evolutionary process...

weedguru_waffles wrote:hahaha sorry, despite the pain some of you may have gone through, I yet somehow managed to find some of those stories really funny... sue me. :p
Haha, Chris' story about the egg.....

Sorry about those migraines though, dude. I've seen my mom go through a few and they look like torture.
Image
Like all dreamers, I mistook disenchantment for truth...
(weedguru)scarf
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 5762
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:50 pm
Contact:

Re: PAIN

Post by (weedguru)scarf »

thanks gore
woah
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users