Post some of your favorite lyrics!
Moderator: Moderators
-
Gorecore
- Weedguru Grampy

- Posts: 4115
- Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:33 pm
- Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
- Contact:
Post some of your favorite lyrics!
This topic was around before the great crash! Allow me to start it off again with the lyrics from a song I only recently got into. You can post lyrics from songs you've loved since you were a kid or a song you just heard today. But those lyrics have to have some meaning to you. Not just something that you read and said, "Oh, that sounds cool...lemme post that!"
This song reminds me of some women that have come and gone in my life, as it will to some others.
You are a sun Goddess
Will you save me?
Hooray for you.
Hooray.
Now the rain it comes, the rain it blurs the grey line
...the grey line...the Greyhound home
You are so vicious (Hurt me, I can take it)
Cause it's all in the heat of the moment,
It's all in the pain
Sonar, sonar again...
It's on again, (got no wings...gossamer wings...) ...on again...
You are a sun Goddess!!!
Will you save me? ...babe...babe...babe...
Cause it's all in the heat of the moment
It's all in the pain!!!
So give in to the heat of the moment
Give in to the pain!!!
If you decide to watch this amazing song performed live in the studio but get bored quickly, fast forwar to the 4:40 point where the lyrics kick in "You are so vicious..." CRAZY FUCKING vocals there! Plus, Devin looks like a man possessed when he sings like that.
Anyway, enjoy and post your favorites!
This song reminds me of some women that have come and gone in my life, as it will to some others.
You are a sun Goddess
Will you save me?
Hooray for you.
Hooray.
Now the rain it comes, the rain it blurs the grey line
...the grey line...the Greyhound home
You are so vicious (Hurt me, I can take it)
Cause it's all in the heat of the moment,
It's all in the pain
Sonar, sonar again...
It's on again, (got no wings...gossamer wings...) ...on again...
You are a sun Goddess!!!
Will you save me? ...babe...babe...babe...
Cause it's all in the heat of the moment
It's all in the pain!!!
So give in to the heat of the moment
Give in to the pain!!!
If you decide to watch this amazing song performed live in the studio but get bored quickly, fast forwar to the 4:40 point where the lyrics kick in "You are so vicious..." CRAZY FUCKING vocals there! Plus, Devin looks like a man possessed when he sings like that.
Anyway, enjoy and post your favorites!

-
andriaSRH
- s†☼nër bi†ch

- Posts: 6299
- Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:43 am
- Location: welcome to the midwest
- Contact:
Re: Post some of your favorite lyrics!
Darkest Hour - Demons
Reminds me of my current relationship..how we break up constantly and always get back together. It also reminds me of like..the soulmate type person that I'm suppose to have , who thinks the world is bullshit just like I do, but doesn't let it bring him down. It may sound like a dark song but the lyrics are very uplifting
You and me, we're the same
Asking for more
More than the numbing existence
Offered us all
What did they say? What did they do?
To make you crawl back here
Despite everything that you've been through
You're still right here
Where I left you
We can lift up our heads to the sky
Find all of those strings that they're pulling
And keep from falling back
into our old rhythmic poses
Turning us into machines
So don't give up on me
We can still pretend
This is all just a game
That'll work itself out in the end
Sick ass guitar solor at minute 2:40
Reminds me of my current relationship..how we break up constantly and always get back together. It also reminds me of like..the soulmate type person that I'm suppose to have , who thinks the world is bullshit just like I do, but doesn't let it bring him down. It may sound like a dark song but the lyrics are very uplifting
You and me, we're the same
Asking for more
More than the numbing existence
Offered us all
What did they say? What did they do?
To make you crawl back here
Despite everything that you've been through
You're still right here
Where I left you
We can lift up our heads to the sky
Find all of those strings that they're pulling
And keep from falling back
into our old rhythmic poses
Turning us into machines
So don't give up on me
We can still pretend
This is all just a game
That'll work itself out in the end
Sick ass guitar solor at minute 2:40
-
wgToonces
- Sir Toke-a-lot

- Posts: 2777
- Joined: Wed May 04, 2005 8:57 am
- Location: Glasgow, Scotland
- Contact:
Re: Post some of your favorite lyrics!
The song is 'Never Try' by Down.
"Never try...You either do it or don't waste your time"
"Never try...You either do it or don't waste your time"
:scratchs:
-
andriaSRH
- s†☼nër bi†ch

- Posts: 6299
- Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:43 am
- Location: welcome to the midwest
- Contact:
Re: Post some of your favorite lyrics!
Red- Breathe Into Me
"And this is what I choose when it's all left up to me"
It's kinda self explainatory
"And this is what I choose when it's all left up to me"
It's kinda self explainatory
-
andriaSRH
- s†☼nër bi†ch

- Posts: 6299
- Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:43 am
- Location: welcome to the midwest
- Contact:
Re: Post some of your favorite lyrics!
As I Lay Dying - Confined
"How quickly I forgot, that this is meaningless"
Life...why do I ever bother? What's the point? My relationship is just gonna fail, everyone's gonna die, why do I even fucking bother.
"How quickly I forgot, that this is meaningless"
Life...why do I ever bother? What's the point? My relationship is just gonna fail, everyone's gonna die, why do I even fucking bother.
-
(weedguru)scarf
- Ganja God

- Posts: 5762
- Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:50 pm
- Contact:
Re: Post some of your favorite lyrics!
Ma, Ma--look what i did, Ma. Look what i did to my hands, I broke 'em.
You gave me the stone, gave me the chisel, didn't say how to hold 'em.
Didn't say to give away every piece of the puzzle 'til i was left with nothin'.
But i took it upon myself to crush it up and distribute the dust.
Get in the bus. Hop in the van. Jump in the water. Crawl to the land.
Build another castle out of sand. Break it down and then get into the saddle again.
sage francis sea lion
You gave me the stone, gave me the chisel, didn't say how to hold 'em.
Didn't say to give away every piece of the puzzle 'til i was left with nothin'.
But i took it upon myself to crush it up and distribute the dust.
Get in the bus. Hop in the van. Jump in the water. Crawl to the land.
Build another castle out of sand. Break it down and then get into the saddle again.
sage francis sea lion
woah
-
andriaSRH
- s†☼nër bi†ch

- Posts: 6299
- Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:43 am
- Location: welcome to the midwest
- Contact:
Re: Post some of your favorite lyrics!
Circa Survive - Holding Someone's Hair Back
"It's a surprise you haven't caught on yet.It's nothing personal, you're an embarrassment."

"It's a surprise you haven't caught on yet.It's nothing personal, you're an embarrassment."
-
Bubbles
- The Green Bastard

- Posts: 4357
- Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:10 am
- Location: Canada
- Contact:
Re: Post some of your favorite lyrics!
How many times have you sat out on the deck
Gettin' wrecked
Waitin' to collect a check?
Knowin' that's as good as life is ever gonna get
Knowin' when you're from the park
It's in your blood
It's in your sweat
Had some doubts and bets about insanity
Is it society or is it just vanity
That makes me plan to be the man that I plan to be?
Instead I can't see the forest
(Where's the forest at?)
Right in front of me
For the trees
It's a social disease
And all them other MC's are on my back like fleas
(Get off me!)
Please!
J to the R-O-C is so hard
O.L.P. ain't even gettin' royalties from me
Help my fuck!
They're gonna come get me?
Steal a whole album worth of samples cuz they'll let me
Stole a diamond ring to make my girl my wife
(Wife)
That's trailer park life

-
WeedGuru_Flow
- Red Eye Jedi
- Posts: 8722
- Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:41 pm
- Location: Belgium
- Contact:
Re: Post some of your favorite lyrics!
RJD2 - Smoke and mirrors
Who knows what tomorrow will bring
Maybe sunshine or maybe the rain
But as for me, I'll wait and see
And maybe it'll bring my love to me, oh...
Who knows what tomorrow will bring
Maybe sunshine or maybe the rain
But as for me, I'll wait and see
And maybe it'll bring my love to me, oh...
Sometimes it's a rainy day
Just to let you know
Everything's going to be all right
All right...
Who knows what tomorrow will bring
Maybe sunshine or maybe the rain
But as for me, I'll wait and see
And maybe it'll bring my love to me, oh...
Who knows what tomorrow will bring
Maybe sunshine or maybe the rain
But as for me, I'll wait and see
And maybe it'll bring my love to me, oh...
Sometimes it's a rainy day
Just to let you know
Everything's going to be all right
All right...
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we would all be running around darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music.
-
NinjetteDL420
- Bonghead

- Posts: 342
- Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:54 pm
- Location: Where ever the wind takes me
- Contact:
Re: Post some of your favorite lyrics!
I'M GONNA TAKE A DEEP BREATH.
GONNA HOLD MY HEAD UP.
GONNA PUT MY SHOULDERS BACK,
AND LOOK YOU STRAIGHT IN THE EYE.
I'M GONNA FLIRT WITH SOMEBODY
WHEN THEY WALK BY.
I'M GONNA SING OUT . . .
SING OUT.
I BELIEVE I HAVE INSIDE OF ME
EVERYTHING THAT I NEED TO LIVE A BOUNTIFUL LIFE.
WITH ALL THE LOVE ALIVE IN ME
I'LL STAND AS TALL AS THE TALLEST TREE.
AND I'M
THANKFUL FOR EVERYDAY THAT I'M GIVEN,
BOTH THE EASY AND HARD ONES I'M LIVIN'.
BUT MOST OF ALL
I'M THANKFUL FOR
LOVING WHO I REALLY AM.
I'M BEAUTIFUL.
YES, I'M BEAUTIFUL,
AND I'M HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Part of I'm Here from the Color Purple
GONNA HOLD MY HEAD UP.
GONNA PUT MY SHOULDERS BACK,
AND LOOK YOU STRAIGHT IN THE EYE.
I'M GONNA FLIRT WITH SOMEBODY
WHEN THEY WALK BY.
I'M GONNA SING OUT . . .
SING OUT.
I BELIEVE I HAVE INSIDE OF ME
EVERYTHING THAT I NEED TO LIVE A BOUNTIFUL LIFE.
WITH ALL THE LOVE ALIVE IN ME
I'LL STAND AS TALL AS THE TALLEST TREE.
AND I'M
THANKFUL FOR EVERYDAY THAT I'M GIVEN,
BOTH THE EASY AND HARD ONES I'M LIVIN'.
BUT MOST OF ALL
I'M THANKFUL FOR
LOVING WHO I REALLY AM.
I'M BEAUTIFUL.
YES, I'M BEAUTIFUL,
AND I'M HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Part of I'm Here from the Color Purple
-
WeedGuru_Flow
- Red Eye Jedi
- Posts: 8722
- Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:41 pm
- Location: Belgium
- Contact:
Re: Post some of your favorite lyrics!
You, make me high and bring me down but that's okay.
I listen to your promises all day,
Then I take a little walk into the bay,
I realize there's nothing left to say
You can't shut me down (x2)
I'm just a simple man and that's why I need you.
Loving everything that you do.
Put it all on me, and set me free
Take it all, there's nothing left for me.
You can't shut me down (x2)
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we would all be running around darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music.
- Dr. Greenthumb
- Stoned Immaculate

- Posts: 8112
- Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:17 pm
- Contact:
Re: Post some of your favorite lyrics!
Resin, you stick to my fingers
But you get me high and you get me by
And so I figure whoa
Resin, you burn from black to white
But you last me long when all my weed is gone
And so I figure whoa
I think I will keep you around
(I think I'll keep you around)
Just in case my big supply is down
(When my supply is down)
But now if I really want to get all fucking stoned
I gotta mix you with the BKF
And now I know what to do when mary is gone
I just hook up with her available friend, Resin
And I said, I know what to do when Mary is gone
Just hook up with her avalable friend, Resin
Heaven, the smell of your hair lingers
But you stay all night, even when we fight
And so I figure, whoa
Resin, you stick to my fingers
But you get me high and you get me by
And so I figure, whoa
I think I will keep you around
(I think I'll keep you around)
Just in case my big supply is down
(When my supply is down)
But now if I really want to get all fucking stoned
I gotta mix you with the BKF
So now I know what to do when Mary is gone
I just hook up with her available friend, Resin
And I said, I know what to do when Mary is gone
I just hook up with her avalable friend, Resin
http://www.myspace.com/therealsupervillains
'Resin' - The Supervillains
But you get me high and you get me by
And so I figure whoa
Resin, you burn from black to white
But you last me long when all my weed is gone
And so I figure whoa
I think I will keep you around
(I think I'll keep you around)
Just in case my big supply is down
(When my supply is down)
But now if I really want to get all fucking stoned
I gotta mix you with the BKF
And now I know what to do when mary is gone
I just hook up with her available friend, Resin
And I said, I know what to do when Mary is gone
Just hook up with her avalable friend, Resin
Heaven, the smell of your hair lingers
But you stay all night, even when we fight
And so I figure, whoa
Resin, you stick to my fingers
But you get me high and you get me by
And so I figure, whoa
I think I will keep you around
(I think I'll keep you around)
Just in case my big supply is down
(When my supply is down)
But now if I really want to get all fucking stoned
I gotta mix you with the BKF
So now I know what to do when Mary is gone
I just hook up with her available friend, Resin
And I said, I know what to do when Mary is gone
I just hook up with her avalable friend, Resin
http://www.myspace.com/therealsupervillains
'Resin' - The Supervillains
“Cannibalism? Racism? Dude, that’s not for us ... those decisions are better left to the suits in Washington. We’re just here to eat some dude!”
-Charlie Kelly
-Charlie Kelly
-
Certified-Nutter
- The Iron Lungs of Wales!

- Posts: 1835
- Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:27 pm
- Location: somewhere in the vallies
- Contact:
Re: Post some of your favorite lyrics!
Love is a lot like a buzz; when the buzz gets strong it can spawn hallucinations.
It can roll into a permanent vacation, or it can crash just to land your ass on the pavement.
Love is a lot like an ego; when it's up it can let people down
And when it's lost, they wanna see it found
But when it grows everybody wanna toss it around.
Love is a lot like death
It can change the way that you see
To shine in Lucy(?), to findin pussy,
To sign a new lease to life is too cheap
So hide the money, you never knew me
So spike the honey, I wish that you'd leave
I'm dyin to breathe, the fight is too sweet
I'd like to go free, I'll cry you to sleep..
Get a grip!
Atmosphere - Love is a Pimp
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YilLWQigld0
It can roll into a permanent vacation, or it can crash just to land your ass on the pavement.
Love is a lot like an ego; when it's up it can let people down
And when it's lost, they wanna see it found
But when it grows everybody wanna toss it around.
Love is a lot like death
It can change the way that you see
To shine in Lucy(?), to findin pussy,
To sign a new lease to life is too cheap
So hide the money, you never knew me
So spike the honey, I wish that you'd leave
I'm dyin to breathe, the fight is too sweet
I'd like to go free, I'll cry you to sleep..
Get a grip!
Atmosphere - Love is a Pimp
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YilLWQigld0
<- My old account-
Gorecore
- Weedguru Grampy

- Posts: 4115
- Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:33 pm
- Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
- Contact:
Re: Post some of your favorite lyrics!
Time by Pink Floyd
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
Tired of lying in the sunshine
Staying home to watch the rain
And you are young and life is long
And there is time to kill today
And then one day you find
Ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run
You missed the starting gun
And you run, and you run to catch up with the sun, but it's sinking
Racing around to come up behind you again
The sun is the same in a relative way, but you're older
Shorter of breath and one day closer to death
Every year is getting shorter
Never seem to find the time
Plans that either come to nought
Or half a page of scribbled lines
Hanging on in quiet desparation is the English way
The time is gone
The song is over
Thought I'd something more to say
Home, home again
I like to be here when I can
When I come home cold and tired
It's good to warm my bones beside the fire
Far away across the field
The tolling of the iron bell
Calls the faithful to their knees
To hear the softly spoken magic spells
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
Tired of lying in the sunshine
Staying home to watch the rain
And you are young and life is long
And there is time to kill today
And then one day you find
Ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run
You missed the starting gun
And you run, and you run to catch up with the sun, but it's sinking
Racing around to come up behind you again
The sun is the same in a relative way, but you're older
Shorter of breath and one day closer to death
Every year is getting shorter
Never seem to find the time
Plans that either come to nought
Or half a page of scribbled lines
Hanging on in quiet desparation is the English way
The time is gone
The song is over
Thought I'd something more to say
Home, home again
I like to be here when I can
When I come home cold and tired
It's good to warm my bones beside the fire
Far away across the field
The tolling of the iron bell
Calls the faithful to their knees
To hear the softly spoken magic spells

- Dr. Greenthumb
- Stoned Immaculate

- Posts: 8112
- Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:17 pm
- Contact:
Re: Post some of your favorite lyrics!
Long time ago me and my brother Kyle here,...
we was hitchhikin' down a long and lonesome road.
All of a sudden,
there shined a shiny demon...
in the middle...
of the road
we was hitchhikin' down a long and lonesome road.
All of a sudden,
there shined a shiny demon...
in the middle...
of the road
“Cannibalism? Racism? Dude, that’s not for us ... those decisions are better left to the suits in Washington. We’re just here to eat some dude!”
-Charlie Kelly
-Charlie Kelly
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users