Arrested for doodling in class?
February 10, 2010
Posted: 08:00 AM ET
Alexa Gonzalez did what many other students do every day in schools across the country. She doodled on her desk. It may sound innocent enough, only this 12-year-old ended up under arrest. “I couldn’t believe it,” Gonzalez told CNN, “just because I wrote something I was in this whole big situation here.”
The 7th grade New Yorker was frisked and hauled away to the police station. “They handcuffed me to a pole for a while,” she said.
The incident, which has sparked outrage, began last Monday at Junior High School 191 Russell Sage, in Forest Hills, a neighborhood in Queens, New York.
Gonzalez said the school day was nearing an end and she was growing bored in class. That’s when she said she just “started doodling.” She wrote “I love my friends Abby and Faith” on her desk. She called them “two of my best friends.”
Gonzalez said the teacher then pulled he aside and took her to the principal. “You might get arrested,” Gonzalez said the principal warned her.
Sure enough, police officers were called to the school and after patting Gonzalez down, they arrested her. She was handcuffed on school property and then brought to a police station.
Gonzalez was suspended and a family court judge sentenced her to community service.
The New York City Department of Education called the suspension an error in judgment. “The principal made a mistake and lifted the suspension last week” said department spokesperson Margie Feinberg. “She was always in school. She’s back in classes.”
The NYPD has not returned repeated requests for comment.
As for Gonzalez, she said classmates are helping her cope with a nightmare over a doodle. “Some try to make me happy,” she said, “try not to make me think about it a lot.”
For more crime coverage go to cnn.com/crime.
http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2010/02/10/a ... -in-class/
Whatever in hell was the charge??? Vandalism , I suppose......Jesus Christ, what are gonna kids be arrested for next? Eating junk food?
Arrested for doodling in class
Moderator: Moderators
-
Weedguru Higher
- Tetrahydrocannabinologist

- Posts: 14620
- Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:31 pm
- Location: Canada
- Contact:
-
weedguru_waffles
Re: Arrested for doodling in class
wow lame.
I doodled with friends on the desk hahah we drew peace signs all over it, the teacher got pissed and told us to wash it off.... :p
I doodled with friends on the desk hahah we drew peace signs all over it, the teacher got pissed and told us to wash it off.... :p
-
Bubbles
- The Green Bastard

- Posts: 4357
- Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:10 am
- Location: Canada
- Contact:
Re: Arrested for doodling in class
weedguru_waffles wrote:wow lame.
I doodled with friends on the desk hahah we drew peace signs all over it, the teacher got pissed and told us to wash it off.... :p
lol "whoah man, whatre you talkin about man, wipe peace offa this table is like wipin peace offa earth man"

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users
