Smoking Weed on the school bus

Have any news that needs publishing, or want to comment on a current article? Post here

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Posts: 14620
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:31 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Smoking Weed on the school bus

Post by Weedguru Higher »

Two middle school students caught smoking marijuana on school bus
Feb 11, 2010
By Sara Suddes


Two Ascencion Solorsano Middle School students were arrested Tuesday morning after bringing marijuana onto a school bus.

During Tuesday's round of pick-ups, a Gilroy Unified School District bus driver who was filling in for another driver noticed the distinct smell of marijuana wafting through her bus while stopped at a red light. She immediately notified police and school administrators of her suspicions, and they met her bus when it arrived at Gilroy High School - the first school stop of the morning - to search the bus.

Administrators found an unspecified amount of marijuana that one student tried hiding under a bus seat, and two male Solorsano students - a sixth grader and an eighth grader - were arrested, administrators said.

"Is it unusual? Yes. Does it surprise me? No," Solorsano Principal Sal Tomasello said of marijuana being used at such a young age. "We see it across all grade levels in my experience."

The two boys are not currently at school, Tomasello said, adding that the school took all the appropriate steps to address the suspicions of the school bus driver.

"She did a great job," GUSD Transportation Supervisor Annie Sharp said of the observant bus driver. "She did exactly what she was supposed to do. Our goal is to protect all students on the bus."

Judging by the packaging , it does not appear the drug came from a medical dispensary, Sgt. Daniel Castaneda said. Police are still investigating the incident and working to confirm what type of drug was recovered, he said. On average, police respond to about five to 10 school incidents per week, he said.

http://www.gilroydispatch.com/news/2631 ... school-bus

Grade 6? My daughter is in grade 6..... :shock:
Image
Bubbles
The Green Bastard
The Green Bastard
Posts: 4357
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:10 am
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Smoking Weed on the school bus

Post by Bubbles »

lol dumbass kids...

and Higher what would you do if you found out your kids were smoking weed so young, or smoking at all?
Image
Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Posts: 14620
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:31 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Smoking Weed on the school bus

Post by Weedguru Higher »

Gawd, I would freak if they were smoking at that age. I wouldn't freak in front of them, but behind closed doors I sure would. I'm not sure what I'd do....
Image
Bubbles
The Green Bastard
The Green Bastard
Posts: 4357
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:10 am
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Smoking Weed on the school bus

Post by Bubbles »

Weedguru Higher wrote:Gawd, I would freak if they were smoking at that age. I wouldn't freak in front of them, but behind closed doors I sure would. I'm not sure what I'd do....
id freak if i found out they were even just drinking at that age...

but lol if they were like 16+ and you found out would you roll a few Js and chill with em? xD
Image
Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Posts: 14620
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:31 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Smoking Weed on the school bus

Post by Weedguru Higher »

Well, dunno if I would smoke with them as minors, that's kind of a touchy issue. I know I won't blast them for doing it, instead I'll inform them and make sure they are safe
Image
wgToonces
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 2777
Joined: Wed May 04, 2005 8:57 am
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Contact:

Re: Smoking Weed on the school bus

Post by wgToonces »

Higher, you're a good dad man.

As for this "another driver noticed the distinct smell of marijuana"
"Administrators found an unspecified amount of marijuana"
then
"Police are still investigating the incident and working to confirm what type of drug was recovered"
:roll: :roll: :roll:
:scratchs:
Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Posts: 14620
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:31 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Smoking Weed on the school bus

Post by Weedguru Higher »

They must have been riding the bus alone cause no other student tattled that someone was smoking?
Image
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users