The flu. (Natural drugs released in the brain)

The place to chat about drugs other than marijuana

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
President Beavis
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope
Posts: 1352
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 3:18 am
Contact:

The flu. (Natural drugs released in the brain)

Post by President Beavis »

So I had some flu for a couple days I'm just getting over now. I was going through all the effects it was having on me, like the chills, nausea, pounding head, aches etc etc. Then I looked into my mind and realized I was really disassociated and disconnected, kind of sporadic and lightheaded. Aside from the shitty physical symptoms, it was almost like a mix of benadryls and a little bit of morphine messing with my head, but different. I know that the brain stores all the chemicals you need to get high, and releases them under certain circumstances. But just how fucked up can we get from our own internal supply?

Discuss substance free, natural highs. (I'm high on life, lol)
dr.Spock
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin
Posts: 891
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:58 am
Contact:

Post by dr.Spock »

when you get those really intense muscle cramps and its intense pain for like 20 seconds, then the brain realeses chemicles that relax your muscles and it feels so good when you get that initial rush.
[img]http://www.imageannex.com/out.php/i1034_prairiedogds2.gif[/img]
User avatar
FIRE!!!
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 4564
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:53 am
Location: Deep South FL
Contact:

Post by FIRE!!! »

evanYARR wrote:when you get those really intense muscle cramps and its intense pain for like 20 seconds, then the brain realeses chemicles that relax your muscles and it feels so good when you get that initial rush.
Oh yeah, it's like "Ahhhhhhh..." feels so good when the pain finally goes away.
weedguru tom
← i ♥ weed →
←  i ♥ weed  →
Posts: 7448
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2003 5:11 pm
Contact:

Post by weedguru tom »

i think u need to quit drugs for a bit man. :lol: :lol:
President Beavis
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope
Posts: 1352
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 3:18 am
Contact:

Post by President Beavis »

weedguru tom wrote:i think u need to quit drugs for a bit man. :lol: :lol:
Last night of partying: Smoked some weed, drank some beers thanksgiving weekend.

Last drug taken: 20 benadryls early September.

I'm just really, really interested in psychoactive substances and brain chemistry. Literally been researching non-stop for over a year. :o
Ice006
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 214
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2005 6:50 am
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Contact:

Post by Ice006 »

I had some good acid in recent weeks, and what I believe to be a pill containing 2ct7 on the weekend, and am currently sick with a cold... nothing as extreme as the flu, but still, I was blowing my nose this morning and the sinus pressure gave me an acid flashback I swear. I had a random vivid vision of something in my imagination, and just like that, it was gone.
But I think that was just due to blood/cranial pressure. Still, I thought it was a nice little after-effect.

But I've been real sick with nausea/flu before, and you get in this weird state somewhere between conscious and unconscious while you're tossing and turning at night... I've had some real fucked up 'dreams', where it took me longer than usual to realise that my bad thoughts were just a dream, not reality. The mind is a funny thing..
User avatar
Dr. Greenthumb
Stoned Immaculate
Stoned Immaculate
Posts: 8112
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:17 pm
Contact:

Post by Dr. Greenthumb »

President Beavis wrote:
weedguru tom wrote:i think u need to quit drugs for a bit man. :lol: :lol:
Last night of partying: Smoked some weed, drank some beers thanksgiving weekend.

Last drug taken: 20 benadryls early September.

I'm just really, really interested in psychoactive substances and brain chemistry. Literally been researching non-stop for over a year. :o
If you've been researching for a year I'm sure you're aware of endorphins and adrenaline but that's really where it's all at.

There's something called 'runner's high'...it's when you run to the point where you hit complete exhaustion but the adrenaline and the endorphins kick in allowing you to stop feeling tired and running. You're body has certain threshholds but once you pass those threshholds it's amazing what the human body is capable of.
“Cannibalism? Racism? Dude, that’s not for us ... those decisions are better left to the suits in Washington. We’re just here to eat some dude!”
-Charlie Kelly
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users