linux live cd

Technical / Computer related discussion board.

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 6562
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2002 6:07 pm
Location: south
Contact:

linux live cd

Post by weedguru_animal »

I am thinking of giving Linux a whirl on my laptop. Has anyone used any of the Live CD version of linux?If so could you offer some advice?Please.
not a stoner
Casual toker
Casual toker
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri May 19, 2006 10:36 pm
Contact:

Post by not a stoner »

1) A live cd will run MUCH slower then it will if installed.
2) Use linux.org to find a suitable distribution
3) I use and LOVE debian Linux.
"there's a grow house busted each month in my neighbourhood, but i still dont know anyone in the area"
m3tal
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin
Posts: 550
Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:56 pm
Contact:

Post by m3tal »

The ubuntu live cd is pretty nice, I didn't find any errors. Its pretty easy I don't think theres much to expalin besides pressing f12 to boot from disc or whatever key you press to do that. And as not a stoner said, it runs faster if installed.
Psyclone
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope
Posts: 1308
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2004 12:51 am
Location: NY
Contact:

Post by Psyclone »

Red Hat Linux has always been my fav
weedguru tom
← i ♥ weed →
←  i ♥ weed  →
Posts: 7448
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2003 5:11 pm
Contact:

Post by weedguru tom »

SUSE :P
Weedguru_Falkon
King of Kannabis, God of Ganja
Posts: 1690
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:59 am
Location: Stoned Soliloquy
Contact:

Post by Weedguru_Falkon »

I personally love Red Hat/Fedora Core, but ive only been able to get them to work in school. i went through 4 DVDs and 6 CDs trying to get various distros to work on my desktop at home, and i havent had a goddamn bit of luck. it got to be really frustrating, so ive temporarily given up.

However, when linux is installed and is working properly, its a beauty. I love it much more than windows when it works.
Image
Ikku wrote:I personally don't find it to taste plasticy, I think it tastes good. Like fractally flowery hyperspace.
lant
Casual toker
Casual toker
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:20 pm
Contact:

Post by lant »

Give this a try http://www.slax.org/ Its a Live CD version of Slackware.

Slackware is my fav Linux distro, very BSD like, it has a much nicer init system then RedHat and friends.

My choice these days is OpenBSD (not linux) for none desktop stuff and OS X for anything else (I love my apple laptops :D)
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users