hypnosis

A place to discuss deeper topics

Moderator: Moderators

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 6562
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2002 6:07 pm
Location: south
Contact:

hypnosis

Post by weedguru_animal »

Has anyone undergone hypnosis treatment?? I don't mean a hypnosis performance where you were part of an audience and some of you got picked from the crowd and hypnotized into acting like a dog. I mean regression of memory.

i am not looking to search for past lives (or future lives), just have some memories from the very early years of my life, 1-3 ,which I can kinda see, but not see enough of to make out what they mean, and it is these memories which i wish to uncover. this period has come under scrutiny, for personal reasons, and I am considering looking for a hypnotist to help me piece together what could prove to be a harrowing picture...

anyway, have any of you undergone the type of hypnotic regression I am considering???
User avatar
Dr. Greenthumb
Stoned Immaculate
Stoned Immaculate
Posts: 8112
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:17 pm
Contact:

Post by Dr. Greenthumb »

I believe in the power of hypnosis but not in the traditional way. I'm not in the mood to explain it right now but hypnosis is definitely a real thing.
“Cannibalism? Racism? Dude, that’s not for us ... those decisions are better left to the suits in Washington. We’re just here to eat some dude!”
-Charlie Kelly
weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 6562
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2002 6:07 pm
Location: south
Contact:

Post by weedguru_animal »

I have no problems believing that it can work, but have you yourself tried it, Doc??? Or do you know anyone who has used it as a method for recovering memories???
Weedguru_Falkon
King of Kannabis, God of Ganja
Posts: 1690
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:59 am
Location: Stoned Soliloquy
Contact:

Re: hypnosis

Post by Weedguru_Falkon »

weedguru_animal wrote: anyway, have any of you undergone the type of hypnotic regression I am considering???
Image
Ikku wrote:I personally don't find it to taste plasticy, I think it tastes good. Like fractally flowery hyperspace.
Weedguru_Falkon
King of Kannabis, God of Ganja
Posts: 1690
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:59 am
Location: Stoned Soliloquy
Contact:

Re: hypnosis

Post by Weedguru_Falkon »

weedguru_animal wrote: anyway, have any of you undergone the type of hypnotic regression I am considering???
yep. My moms best friend does regression hypnotherapy. I had it done last February. I did it to find my past life. It allowed me to see my life from a third and first person view. Now, these werent concrete images, they were more like memories.
after an hour of looking at my past life, and could talk... understand the soul to my previous charicature.... you get some powerful shit outta that kinda thing.

I suggest you try it. Its really exhilarating and spiritually fulfilling..
Image
Ikku wrote:I personally don't find it to taste plasticy, I think it tastes good. Like fractally flowery hyperspace.
User avatar
Anti-FlagPUNK
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 389
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2005 2:39 am
Contact:

Post by Anti-FlagPUNK »

that sounds like something im going to have to try
[img]http://show.imagehosting.us/show/1464698/0/nouser_1464/T0_-1_1464698.jpg[/img]
User avatar
Dr. Greenthumb
Stoned Immaculate
Stoned Immaculate
Posts: 8112
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:17 pm
Contact:

Post by Dr. Greenthumb »

Does it make you feel different, physically?

Are you in control through the experience?
“Cannibalism? Racism? Dude, that’s not for us ... those decisions are better left to the suits in Washington. We’re just here to eat some dude!”
-Charlie Kelly
Weedguru_Falkon
King of Kannabis, God of Ganja
Posts: 1690
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:59 am
Location: Stoned Soliloquy
Contact:

Post by Weedguru_Falkon »

physically... depends. I kinda felt like i do when im on laughing gas... not the whole laughing part, but the whole sinking part. You feel like you sink into your chair... once youre in deep regression, you arent even aware of your body. Your conscience is in a different plane.

As for being in control... Its not that youre not in control, but the person whose doing the hypnotherapy is guiding you the whole time.
Image
Ikku wrote:I personally don't find it to taste plasticy, I think it tastes good. Like fractally flowery hyperspace.
TYStonerTY
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 300
Joined: Sun May 28, 2006 1:32 am
Location: Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Post by TYStonerTY »

Is there any special equipment required or does she just spin the coin in front of your eyes or w/e?
[img]http://s9.imagehosting.us/uploadpoint/imagehosting_upload_storage/user_40021/T0_40021_1470270.jpg[/img]
Sig by antiflagPUNK
Weedguru_Falkon
King of Kannabis, God of Ganja
Posts: 1690
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:59 am
Location: Stoned Soliloquy
Contact:

Post by Weedguru_Falkon »

no spinning coin. In my experience it was jsut "lay down in this big comfy chair" and then get comfortable and close your eyes. From there everything begins. she did a hypnosis countdown and brought me into that other dimension.
Image
Ikku wrote:I personally don't find it to taste plasticy, I think it tastes good. Like fractally flowery hyperspace.
Ras Bongo
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 215
Joined: Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:46 am
Location: South FL
Contact:

Post by Ras Bongo »

Weedguru_Falkon wrote:Your conscience is in a different plane.

As for being in control... Its not that youre not in control, but the person whose doing the hypnotherapy is guiding you the whole time.
Astral projection.
User avatar
FIRE!!!
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 4564
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:53 am
Location: Deep South FL
Contact:

Post by FIRE!!! »

I really feel like I want to try this, but it seems a bit like playing with forces beyond our comprehension, anyone know of any possible psychological side effects?
User avatar
thnkgod4weed
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 276
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:12 am
Location: In a crazy spiral downward to heaven
Contact:

Post by thnkgod4weed »

I`ve heard that if done incorrectly or interupted during process u might end up fucked up,cause supossedly ur fucking around with a deep layer of ur brain.
"For reality to exist you need someone to experience that reality or it doesn´t exist"-albert hofmann.

L-------S--------D
TYStonerTY
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 300
Joined: Sun May 28, 2006 1:32 am
Location: Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Post by TYStonerTY »

I heard that you can fuck up your brain really bad but only if youre using electric waves or something to induce hypnosis, cause its artificial and is actually controlling your level of conciousness so that you cant get out of it if you try... I dunno something like that. I just figure that if its somebody sitting next to you hypnotising you by only talking to you it couldnt really harm you, could it?
[img]http://s9.imagehosting.us/uploadpoint/imagehosting_upload_storage/user_40021/T0_40021_1470270.jpg[/img]
Sig by antiflagPUNK
Rixindix
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 158
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:55 pm
Location: T. Dot-O

Post by Rixindix »

i think its just a placebo effect
Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding. It is the bitter potion by which the physician within you heals your sick self. Therefore, trust the physician and drink his remedy in silence and tranquility
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users