Storing Weed for 6months?
Moderator: Moderators
-
CocoPuffnSmoke
- Why Hello There !
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:06 am
- Contact:
Storing Weed for 6months?
Hi, im a seasonal smoker and i recently came into 2grams of some awsome bud. I would like to store it untill the winter, around end of novemeber/december. I currently have it in a medicne bottle in a backpack, in my closet. My questions are....
What will happen to it if i leave as is or will it be fine?
How do i preserve it that long?
People tell me its going to dry out but isnt it alrdy dry?
What will happen to it if i leave as is or will it be fine?
How do i preserve it that long?
People tell me its going to dry out but isnt it alrdy dry?
-
Pubehair
- Casual toker

- Posts: 65
- Joined: Tue May 23, 2006 10:55 pm
- Location: USA
- Contact:
- Dr. Greenthumb
- Stoned Immaculate

- Posts: 8112
- Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:17 pm
- Contact:
a freezer would work well and no it doesnt get more potent.
it might be kinda dry when you smoke it but as long as it doesnt have mold its smokable.
it might be kinda dry when you smoke it but as long as it doesnt have mold its smokable.
“Cannibalism? Racism? Dude, that’s not for us ... those decisions are better left to the suits in Washington. We’re just here to eat some dude!”
-Charlie Kelly
-Charlie Kelly
-
CocoPuffnSmoke
- Why Hello There !
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:06 am
- Contact:
-
Gorecore
- Weedguru Grampy

- Posts: 4115
- Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:33 pm
- Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
- Contact:
If your weed is too dry and turns to dust when breaking it up or "busting" it, put it in a baggie with either a bit of fresh bread or some orange peels.
My preferred method is to take a cotton ball, tape it to the underside of a baby food jar, put a few drops of water on the cotton and put the weed inside and close the lid. Leave it that way for a day and the moisture will work it's way into the weed.
Dry weed isn't less or more potent than 'sticky' weed. It tends to burn a bit faster, but you can mix some tobacco in the joint to slow that process down.
My preferred method is to take a cotton ball, tape it to the underside of a baby food jar, put a few drops of water on the cotton and put the weed inside and close the lid. Leave it that way for a day and the moisture will work it's way into the weed.
Dry weed isn't less or more potent than 'sticky' weed. It tends to burn a bit faster, but you can mix some tobacco in the joint to slow that process down.

- Dr. Greenthumb
- Stoned Immaculate

- Posts: 8112
- Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:17 pm
- Contact:
I wouldnt recomend the bread andd orange peel thing only because it will promote mold growth and that will make the weed unsafe to smoke.
the cotton ball method is great though, I do something similar for my cigar humidor.
the cotton ball method is great though, I do something similar for my cigar humidor.
“Cannibalism? Racism? Dude, that’s not for us ... those decisions are better left to the suits in Washington. We’re just here to eat some dude!”
-Charlie Kelly
-Charlie Kelly
-
Gorecore
- Weedguru Grampy

- Posts: 4115
- Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:33 pm
- Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
- Contact:
lol...i don't recommend the bread or orange peels either. I heard someone say lettuce once before??
I tried bread once and all the loose bits coming off the nugs got embedded in the pores of the bread. So I ended up breaking those out, smoking them in the pipe and once the weed was burnt out of it...I had croutons.
I never tried the orange peel method. Mold could be a factor though.
I tried bread once and all the loose bits coming off the nugs got embedded in the pores of the bread. So I ended up breaking those out, smoking them in the pipe and once the weed was burnt out of it...I had croutons.
I never tried the orange peel method. Mold could be a factor though.

-
Hatchetrunner420
- Bonghead

- Posts: 133
- Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:14 am
- Location: MD
- Contact:
-
Martin
- Bonghead

- Posts: 155
- Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2005 9:16 pm
- Location: East Anglia, England
- Contact:
-
Haste
- Why Hello There !
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:58 pm
- Location: Lancing, UK
- Contact:
- Skunk Master
- Bonghead

- Posts: 218
- Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2003 11:07 pm
- Location: middlesbrough,u.k.
- Contact:
-
cutthecashflow
- Intellecutally Wasted

- Posts: 7747
- Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:19 pm
- Location: Home of the Sioux!
- Contact:
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users