Stressed...but why?

Got a problem? - Get counseling from the gurus

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
zaneo88
Casual toker
Casual toker
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:13 am
Location: australia
Contact:

Stressed...but why?

Post by zaneo88 »

Hey guys, I'm relatively new to this site, but I have been browsing for ages and really like it.

Now, onto my problem. I've started smoking "regularly" (and I use that term loosely) since the end of last year. When I first started I was smoking my mates bud with him and his friends through a bong, and got nice and high and felt great. More recently, I have been buying bud with some other friends and smoking through a pipe, which once again, I felt great. Now I buy my own bud, and smoke J's mainly, with other people and sometimes alone. I feel good while smoking, and then when I reach the point when I start feeling buzzed I get stressed. I start thinking "I shouldn't be doing this" or "what am I doing?". I don't physical display how I am feeling I just have these weird thoughts. Then I relax a bit but I have this little thing eating away at me, and when I start coming down a little bit, is when I feel best. (I hope that all made sense :P )

I was just wondering if anyone would have any idea why I might be feeling "stressed". My body feels relaxed, but my mind races.

Any help would be greatful. I think I just need to learn how to chill the fuck out while I'm stoned. Maybe I need to try doing something instead of just sitting there and letting my brain go nuts?

Any help much appreciated.
User avatar
Black_Marauder
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 127
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:59 pm
Location: Sacramento, California
Contact:

Post by Black_Marauder »

I have the same sort of experiences. My highs can go every which way, but it's very, very important that you also make a conscious attempt to relax, and to enjoy it.

I freak out not because it's pot, but because I feel like I'm being lazy, and unconstructive. (Just sitting around smoking, reading, playing on the computer.)

But it's just pot.

(What I sometimes do, especially when trying new drugs, is take a few minutes before I light up, or ingest it. I take deep breaths, go over my intentions for using whatever, and sort of lay out a framework of how I want the night to play out. I consciously decide, before getting high, that I want to enjoy the ride, and it helps me keep myself in check later on when I'm blazed.)

I don't know. Makes sense to me...
You'll never get to heaven if you're scared of getting high.
User avatar
c4rdsh4rk_88
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin
Posts: 514
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2003 11:02 am
Location: BC, Canada
Contact:

Post by c4rdsh4rk_88 »

ya maybe you need to think about the thoughts that make you feel negative while youre stoned or even if somethings bothering you before or after that. it could be something like what black marauder said, not doing anything where you can say youre actually doing "something".

i dunno what you meant when you said "maybe i need to try doing something", but if you meant that all you really do, during the duration of your high, is stand/sit and think, then you should just smoke and keep moving to do the things you normally do sober. could be anything like watch movies, tv, video games, sports, read, socialize, whatever.. that could help make your time feel more productive, and then youll feel more similar to when your sober (as in not triggering your negative thoughts).

or maybe you feel like you dont have much to do even when your sober or arent interested in that stuff to go with your high. then just try getting into other stuff. look at what others to do enjoy their high times or get into something youve always wanted to do.

you say that youve used the bong then on to the pipe and now the joint. i dunno why you pointed that out, but if you think that could possibly trigger something in you, then try going back to the other methods regularly and see if it changes anything. but you say the negative thoughts only kick in after your buzz gets going (pay attention to make sure you dont get any negative feelings before/while smoking).

maybe you feel like youve taken your smoking "habit" too far and shouldve stopped by now to move on with your life and become more productive (or something in that vein). if thats the case (or in any case) you just have to really think about things and be as honest as you can to yourself.

you could really think and go on about it, figuring out and trying different things till you get the answer to your problem. the answer is in you somewhere, you just gotta find it.

sorry if none of what i said made sense, i didnt really read through it and just went on tryig to throw out ideas..
"Think for yourself and question authority" - Timothy Leary
zaneo88
Casual toker
Casual toker
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:13 am
Location: australia
Contact:

Post by zaneo88 »

Thanks for the thoughts and tips guys. I got high last night and it was the best I've had in ages. With some of my best mates, and just a really fun night. I think the problem was I wasn't smoking enough, heh. All seems to be good now.
stonersteve420
Casual toker
Casual toker
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2006 6:56 pm
Contact:

Post by stonersteve420 »

its probably just normal paranoia, i used to get that all the time and i think its just cuz i didnt have anything to occupy my mind. try listenin to music. deep music. if you have the money go out and get insane clown posses cd the wraith: shangri-la, its really deep and it makes me think about more than scary things. or get wizard of the hood by violent j its a cd dedicated to smokers.(the wizard of oz on cronic)
i dont need a brain, dont need anything, i just want some homies to smoke with...
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users