This is a poem written by a guy I got talking to in an airport called Colin Casbolt. Its not the most imaginative of poems but i still quite like it. there are some more poems by him at http://www.ibizaholidays.com/People/Colin_casbolt_1.asp
Thank God I'm still a Hippie
Thank god I'm still a hippie
I'm free and wild and trippy
A sixties freak of lust and luck
A hairy monster - gives a fuck
I listen still to all the bands
My Stones and Hendrix's magic hands
I smoke my piece and drop my pills
My chillum wards off any ills
I really hope I'm still the same
My credit cards still bear my name
My mortgage helps me keep my head
Without my Porsche I'd be quite dead
My coral necklace, turquoise ring
My silver belt don't mean a thing
My thousand dollar leather vest
Just makes me feel like all the rest
My politics are still the same
Although these days it's not a game
We guys who do it really are
The future-makers, we'll go far
We go to all the wonder spots
My golden chain gives chicks the hots
The East, the Gulf, the golden sands
The hippie dream, it's in my hands
I never plan to lose my head
The lure of wealth just leaves me dead
The plastic life is not for me
It's all so real when you are free
Thank God I'm still a hippie, by Colin Casbolt
Moderators: weedguru_animal, Moderators
-
Squares
- Bonghead

- Posts: 186
- Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:56 pm
- Location: Watford - England
Thank God I'm still a hippie, by Colin Casbolt
[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c125/Chazzymodo/scream2.jpg[/img]
"Reality is for people who can't face drugs"
....and have a nice day.
"Reality is for people who can't face drugs"
....and have a nice day.
-
~Twitch~
- Casual toker

- Posts: 32
- Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 1:32 am
- Location: Somewhere in the bush, Ontario.
- Contact:
Good Stuff
Wow... that was mesmorising. If not creative, it was full of emotion at the least. Sometimes I think to myself... If I could, I'd be a teenager in the hippie days instead of now, despite the technological advantages of this generation. Either way though, I like your avatar... Raoul Duke is my hero.
Those who know me know me well. I shout, I twitch, I scream, I yell.
My disorder would normally put me through hell; if it weren’t for that herb they call pot.
My disorder would normally put me through hell; if it weren’t for that herb they call pot.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users