From my heart to America

Discuss poems from this section, or post one of your own here

Moderators: weedguru_animal, Moderators

Post Reply
lottso
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 177
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:32 pm
Location: Bay Area 7 oh 7
Contact:

From my heart to America

Post by lottso »

When I see George Bush and Colin Powell on T.V.,
It makes my spine tingle to think about whay could be,
Cuz it seems like every single day America is loosin it's sanity,
What ever happened to home of the functional family,
To find these answers you must look deep into American History,

For reasons unknown there always has to be stress,
Is it to educate the nation, or to satisfy the press,
The entire government has turned into an uncleanable mess,
So many problems and worries that should have already been addressed,

Why is it that I have to worry about goin to war,
When nobody can think of an explanation of what were fighting for,
I only see americans knockin in front doors,
A giant stunt of publicity in which the media adores,

Everyday I hear news of deaths from car bombs,
Some would say we're safe after the capture of Saddam,
War is the ultimate devestation, To pull apart to nations,
And leave every soldier caught in the middle cryin for there moms,

So are some barrels of oil, and a national debt,
worth the suffering of a nation, and the vein of mass death,
When this war is over, will there be anybody left,
I know war is fundimental, but to ourselfs we should have kept,

Because now that America is fightin countries across seas,
Criminals left back in the states, create terror as they please,
And what about all of the sick people runnin the streets,
Gaining our cities' trust by spreadin STD's.

I may be bitchin, or just blowin my horn,
Or am I just seein' the truth through where the nation's been torn,
Maybe it's just in my head and everything is ok as it is,
Or maybe it's our own misjudgment in which we should mourn.
User avatar
Dr. Greenthumb
Stoned Immaculate
Stoned Immaculate
Posts: 8112
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:17 pm
Contact:

Post by Dr. Greenthumb »

I liked what your getting at with the message.
“Cannibalism? Racism? Dude, that’s not for us ... those decisions are better left to the suits in Washington. We’re just here to eat some dude!”
-Charlie Kelly
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users