The time travellers wife

Book reviews, creative writing, essays...

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
extremesister
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 437
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 10:34 pm
Location: West Midlands, UK
Contact:

The time travellers wife

Post by extremesister »

This is the extraordinary love story of Clare and Henry who met when Clare was six and Henry was thirty-six: and were married when Clare was twenty-two and Henry thirty. Impossible but true: because Henry suffers from a rare condition where his genetic clock periodically resets and he finds himself pulled suddenly into his past or future. In the face of this force they can neither prevent nor control: Henry and Clare's struggle to lead normal lives is both intensely moving and entirely unforgettable.
This is a truly unique and inspired piece of writing. Initially I thought this was going to be a difficult, confusing and frustrating work of science fiction. However, by the time I had reached page 50, I had fully grasped the concept of time travel along with all its diverse implications, to the point where I almost believed that “Chrono Displaced Person” was a genuine recognised medical disorder.
I have had a few sleepless nights reading this book and enjoyed it enormously; it is very difficult to put down.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v141/extremesister/Random%20Forum%20stuff/birdflu.jpg[/img]
Weedguru_Dusk
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 481
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:54 am
Location: 7th circle of hell
Contact:

Post by Weedguru_Dusk »

I bought this book a while back, I haven't gotten around to reading it. Glad it looks like a good read when I get around to it :)
"having a conversation with you is like walking through a Salvador Dali painting"
[i] ...and your eyes look like they've seen too much its always some excuse too tired, too obtuse you look so far removed, this time I fear im losing you [/i]
Dadojalenlem
Why Hello There !
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:08 pm

Post by Dadojalenlem »

:Dan:
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users