Happy Birthday JAck Nicholson

Book reviews, creative writing, essays...

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 6562
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2002 6:07 pm
Location: south
Contact:

Happy Birthday JAck Nicholson

Post by weedguru_animal »

Image

In February of 2005 my housemate, Andy, knocked on my door. a little drunk(as he liked to stay most evenings) but purposeful, he gave me this book and said...
'Dan out of everyone i know, I think this book will appeal to you the most. It only took me 30 mins to get through it, down the pub, so please give it a go'

I like this guy.I respect him and relate to him, and i took his advice. The book, despite its size, was wonderful. I found an immediate connection with the author, from the first sentence to the last. The style of writing was instantly the most fluid, comfortable and entertaining I had come across(and continues to be).

I have been seriously addcited to this author's work since reading this book.

It is more than a sampler, but far less than a adequate offering to anyone who knows HUnter S Thompson's work.
However for the uninitiated I would STRONGLY RECCOMEND this book.

I would, and should write more, but I am conserving my best reviews for Hunter's proper book length offerings, which i see as true 'classics'....

AnimAL rating::::off the fucking scale.
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users