Embers

Discuss poems from this section, or post one of your own here

Moderators: weedguru_animal, Moderators

Post Reply
Weedguru_Dusk
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 481
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:54 am
Location: 7th circle of hell
Contact:

Embers

Post by Weedguru_Dusk »

You’re the cigarette burning between my fingertips
The dangerous addiction I’ve got to have
But when the nicotine hits
The buzz goes to my head

It’s like I’m in love all over again
That feeling inside makes me wanna fly
And dance around in the late night

‘Cause no matter what I fear
I know you’ll be right here
The ember at the end of my camel light
Dull at times but ready to burn
At the first sign of a fight

You’re the cancer of my heart
A tumor that molds my emotions
Developing into something stronger
Take away the darkness inside
And replace it with something kind

Perhaps the things in life we think are wrong
Are the things we truly need to get things to move on

6/30/05
"having a conversation with you is like walking through a Salvador Dali painting"
[i] ...and your eyes look like they've seen too much its always some excuse too tired, too obtuse you look so far removed, this time I fear im losing you [/i]
Zen
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope
Posts: 1088
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2004 7:56 am
Location: P.G., British Columbia
Contact:

Post by Zen »

Wow Dusk! That's one of your best works I've read!! Seriously, I can relate to that on many levels. I've actually used smokes as a metaphor or allusion before in a couple of my writings, but some of the ways you described it in there were bang on the dot.
Weedguru_Dusk wrote:‘Cause no matter what I fear
I know you’ll be right here
The ember at the end of my camel light
Dull at times but ready to burn
At the first sign of a fight
Yeah, that touched me, like a cigarette burn, instantly there and forcing my thoughts to recoil from the intensity. I liked it alot :D

Peace~
Use the Earth to sew...
Use the Water to grow...
Use your hands to pick...
Your fingers to pack...
Use the Fire to burn...
Use the Air to breathe...
AND TOKE THAT SH!T LIKE A MUTHA FUCKIN' CYCLONE!!!

-Derekson
Weedguru_Dusk
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 481
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:54 am
Location: 7th circle of hell
Contact:

Post by Weedguru_Dusk »

wow thanks zen, glad you liked it :D
"having a conversation with you is like walking through a Salvador Dali painting"
[i] ...and your eyes look like they've seen too much its always some excuse too tired, too obtuse you look so far removed, this time I fear im losing you [/i]
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users