What do you think ?

A place to discuss deeper topics

Moderator: Moderators

kareuh
Casual toker
Casual toker
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2005 3:39 am
Location: florida
Contact:

What do you think ?

Post by kareuh »

There might have already been a post like this, but whatever.

What do you think about...

Religion?
Personally, I consider myself Agnostic. The whole idea that one power; "GOD" created everything in the world is just.. too hard for me to believe. I guess I just can't put that much faith in something so un-imaginable. But at the same time, I still think about it, and the possibility. I guess I'm "undecided".

Abortion?
My life, my choice. BUT- I do think that late-term abortions are wrong because the fetus is developing and obtaining senses and alllll thattt.

Marijuana?
Haha, I don't know why I even put this on here. I dont even want to get started- basically- I think marijuana should be legalized, everywhere.

Politics?
Fuck Bush.



SO.. what do you think? :)
weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 6562
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2002 6:07 pm
Location: south
Contact:

Post by weedguru_animal »

hey mate, you will find all thse topics covered quite extensively if you usethe search function. its at the top of the screen kinda. if you have a specific debate topic then post that, if its just the same as another topic then just add to that!!!
cheers
animal
Ice006
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 214
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2005 6:50 am
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Contact:

Post by Ice006 »

Religion: Waste of time. Nothing from a greater power or anything ever has truly announced themselves. It's all myth and legend. But that's not to say there's no greater power. Nobody knows 100% what it is yet (assuming there is one), so I say cut the BS and let everyone believe whatever the fuck they want.

Abortion: Being male, I won't have to deal with it myself, but it's entirely the mother's choice.

Marijuana: Plant, been here since the beginning of time. If tied with 'religion', means greater power designed it and made it so easy to use :).

Politics: I've stopped caring. I know my vote makes no difference, so I'll just have to deal with it either way. What good is one more informed vote anyway? Why bother.
Weedguru Anex
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope
Posts: 1663
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 10:58 pm
Location: Clinging to the antlers of the midnight sun
Contact:

Post by Weedguru Anex »

Ice006 wrote:Abortion: Being male, I won't have to deal with it myself, but it's entirely the mother's choice.


Politics: I've stopped caring. I know my vote makes no difference, so I'll just have to deal with it either way. What good is one more informed vote anyway? Why bother.
Hopefully you might feel differently about those things one day.
You people voted for Hubert Humphrey and you killed Jesus
Funk Doc
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 328
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2005 2:44 am
Location: Your subconsciousness
Contact:

Post by Funk Doc »

Religion: I'm a muslim (don't worry, I'm not a fanatic :lol:) who is very comitted to his religion. It's not all about a greater power, some peopme are religious because it gives them strength, who are you to say it's a waste of time then?

Abortion: Should be allowed in certain cases, like incest or rape. I am 100% against people who commit abortion out of selfish reasons (like career abortions and such).

Marijuana: If it's used in a responsible manner, why not? It's less hazardous than tobacco and alcohol.

Politics: I'm fairly active, I've been in so many protests I can't even begin to count them, I've even been on national TV twice when they asked my opinion. Once on the Iraq situation and one time when a local movie director was killed my a muslim extremist.

And Ice, you're being plain naive. There are countless people who think like you, so it does make a difference whether you care or not.
User avatar
Dr. Greenthumb
Stoned Immaculate
Stoned Immaculate
Posts: 8112
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:17 pm
Contact:

Post by Dr. Greenthumb »

Ryoshun wrote:Religion: I'm a muslim (don't worry, I'm not a fanatic :lol:) who is very comitted to his religion. It's not all about a greater power, some peopme are religious because it gives them strength, who are you to say it's a waste of time then?

Abortion: Should be allowed in certain cases, like incest or rape. I am 100% against people who commit abortion out of selfish reasons (like career abortions and such).

Marijuana: If it's used in a responsible manner, why not? It's less hazardous than tobacco and alcohol.

Politics: I'm fairly active, I've been in so many protests I can't even begin to count them, I've even been on national TV twice when they asked my opinion. Once on the Iraq situation and one time when a local movie director was killed my a muslim extremist.

And Ice, you're being plain naive. There are countless people who think like you, so it does make a difference whether you care or not.
as a muslim what are your views on iraq? just curious, i dont really know many muslims.
“Cannibalism? Racism? Dude, that’s not for us ... those decisions are better left to the suits in Washington. We’re just here to eat some dude!”
-Charlie Kelly
User avatar
FIRE!!!
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 4564
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:53 am
Location: Deep South FL
Contact:

Post by FIRE!!! »

Religion- I am and was raised christian, but I'm not churchgoing and I don't read the Bible very often. I'm also very open-minded to other religions and I don't try to impose my own beliefs on anyone.

Abortion- I believe, like Ryoshun, that abortions should be allowed for people who are raped. Other than that, I think if you take the risk of having sex, you better be ready to deal with the consequences if it's necessary.

Marijuana- Of course I think mary jane should be legalized, not only for my own recreational use, but because of its many medicinal and egological benefits as well.

Politics- I don't have many political opinions since I don't watch news much or keep up with all that nonsense. I do think Bush is a dumb prick though.
[img]http://music.clevver.com/MusicPics/4859.jpg[/img]
Funk Doc
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 328
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2005 2:44 am
Location: Your subconsciousness
Contact:

Post by Funk Doc »

I am against the war for many reasons. First of all, it was started on false pretences. Anyone who believes that Bush wants to bring freedom and democracy to Iraq is an idiot. It is clear that oil is the reason, especially now that the oil contracts have been given to four major oil companies.

Second, the claim that Iraq is a safer place now is complete bullshit. Before the invasion, there was never as much violence on the streets as there is today. Every day, suicide bombers commit attacks, and just walking in the street is risking your life.

Third, there is even more killing and torturing going on in Iraq than under Saddam's rule. The army may claim that the torturing in Abu Ghraib was an isolated incident, the images show otherwise, and now even former prime minister Allawi says that torturing and killing is more present today than with Saddam.

And finally, where are the weapons of mass destruction? They've been in Iraq for amost three years and they haven't found anything. Either they're not trying very hard, or they were lying about that too.
User avatar
Dr. Greenthumb
Stoned Immaculate
Stoned Immaculate
Posts: 8112
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:17 pm
Contact:

Post by Dr. Greenthumb »

you muslims have such crazy, radical ideas...just kidding. thats pretty similar to my thoughts on the subject. iraq might have been in need of change but many countries out there are ALOT worse. of course bush aims at the country with the oil. and not only was the war started on false pretenses but it was never justified pretty much just an open invasion. same as the attack on afganistan.

i just thought you might have a different opinion since muslims are more closely involved in the incident
“Cannibalism? Racism? Dude, that’s not for us ... those decisions are better left to the suits in Washington. We’re just here to eat some dude!”
-Charlie Kelly
Funk Doc
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 328
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2005 2:44 am
Location: Your subconsciousness
Contact:

Post by Funk Doc »

Sure, Saddam was bad, but as it is now, Iraq was far better of with him.
weedguru_animals queen
Casual toker
Casual toker
Posts: 77
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 11:43 am
Location: australia
Contact:

Post by weedguru_animals queen »

Religion?
The church is a joke. They are stuck in ancient times and need to move foward with the world. I respect religion and beliefs, but not the church.

Abortion?
Its a tricky one. I believe in choice! people should have the choice to have an abortion as a baby is a massive thing!! Its never an easy step as even women who choose to have an abortion have a hard time coping most of the trime. People and society needs to chnage and stop making women who choose this option feel guilty

Marijuana?
its good. Make it legal 100%

Politics?
All actors, all fakes, rare to find the good one, (am sure they ae out there) but the main ones people speak about are all shit! Bush, Blair all the same shit faced money grabbers.
animal's my man, and i'm his queen,
obey me and i wont get mean......

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/weedguru_animal/octoberlady011.jpg[/img]
WeedGuru_Flow
Red Eye Jedi
Posts: 8722
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:41 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Post by WeedGuru_Flow »

Relgion: Atheïst, I don't get it, people actualy believe in a 'greater being' while that 'greater being' is just the imagination of some guy from a long long time ago running wild,and dumb people that actualy believing what he said.

Abortion; I agree on you with that, i'm against late abortions,abortions because people dont want their carreers interfered by cause of kids...

Marijuana: I'm not for the legalisation, if it were legalised it would take the edge, the fun off of it. Other than that if used responsibly why worry about consequences?

Politics: I'm against the war in Iraq for various reasons, I hate Bush, I hate 50% of the american people for actualy being retarded enough to vote for that warmonger. I'm against fascism in any way and am actualy not realy interested in politics at all, i just keep my eye on the global situation
Funk Doc
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 328
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2005 2:44 am
Location: Your subconsciousness
Contact:

Post by Funk Doc »

Flow, I can assume from your statement that you have invented a time travelling machine, went back in time and witnessed the birth of religion yourself? If not, you should keep silent. I believe in a greater being, are you calling me dumb?
tweedle

Post by tweedle »

Yes your dumb :lol:
Funk Doc
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 328
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2005 2:44 am
Location: Your subconsciousness
Contact:

Post by Funk Doc »

If I want an opinion out of you, I'll give you one 8)
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users