beliefs are hard
Moderator: Moderators
-
Funk Doctor
- Ganja God

- Posts: 6636
- Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2002 4:24 pm
- Location: Above the clouds
-
Zen
- The Duke of Dope

- Posts: 1088
- Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2004 7:56 am
- Location: P.G., British Columbia
- Contact:
Yeah, the Bible was a book written in the days of unorganization and utterly the dark ages. There was no light about so someone had to create it and this book was able to unite many people together for a common cause which ultimately is all religion is about, unity and understanding. It's just like joining a club, or a cult for that matter, except many people believe it to be truth rather than bullplop. In more modern times like now organized religion is becoming more bull plop than truth because people are being allowed to discover their own individual and don't have to rely on a big organized group for social protection. It's being encouraged to be unqiue and conforming to a religious group like Christianityy, Judaism, or whathaveyou is beginning to phase out. Sure it's going to be around most likely forever because there are families and generations devoted to them but they're numbres are becomming isolated and have greatly diminshed from their proportionate numbers back in the day; there me be way more people in the churches and synagogues and mosques these days than there were in the 1500s but think how many MOre people that aren't.
Anyways, I personally believe ssomewhat along the lines of Sammy and how he said that he doesn't believe in God necesarrily but he does believe in a higher power and such. i believe there are powers above human comprehension for sure, they may not be a God by any means, they could even be many Gods, who knows. I do know alot of things most likely happen for a reason, and while everyone has there own choices to make in life, there is a greater cog that turns the universe beyond understanding.
Lately I've been practicing and devoting my time to meditation. It's a very hard thing to master, let alone to practice it on ones own without guidance. i founnd myself today meditating for 20 minutes in this wodded park behind my house in the cold, every now and then the icy wind would pick up and start to bite through my cotton sleeves, but I jsut sat there not reacting to it but witnessing it take place (I guess that's the best description). It takes a lot of mental discipline and focus to not start thinking of random thoughts or thinking that "I've been doing this for long enough I should just get up and go somewhere". But I believe that I can personally conquer this state of mind, and allow myself dominion over my mind and physical self through this meditation. Even though I just started and it seems difficult and overwhelming at first, I have a belief in this practice that iot will benefit me, so I will stick to it.
That's really all a belief is, it doesn't have to be a belief in a religion or in God. It's something you can devote yourself to and have confidence in. I think everyone needs something to believe in. It allows you to draw on unknown powers. That may sound a little hookey but it's true. This might be a bad eample, but just look at the Crusades, yes it was a terrible thing, but it was an amazing thing at the same time. Both sides believed 100% in what they were doing was right, and they both accomplished great feats. The unified thousands of souls together, even if 90% of those souls were slaughtered. Yeah... ok guess that was a bad example hehe. But I hope you see what I'm saying. Beliefs can summon up tremendous power within people and within the masses.
Whatever your personal belifs are, they won't ever do you any good if you don't fall back and devote yourself 100% to that belief. Once you do you'll find that ever step you take will feel lighter, and every breath you breathe will be stronger and deeper. There are too many people out there that are throwing away their beliefs by devoting themselves to living the lifes of other people ie. celebrities, pop icons, reality TV shows. They can lift focus and attention from their lives and enter into these hypnotic trances where they can focus on someone else's life. Through this they think they are... well that's just it they don't have to think! It's an ecape for the from their own reality and it lets them not deal wit htheir problems as much as they say people who smoke pot, smoke it to avoid their real problems. It's sad really, really sad.
Anyways I'm totally rambling on here so I'm gonna go.
Peace~
Anyways, I personally believe ssomewhat along the lines of Sammy and how he said that he doesn't believe in God necesarrily but he does believe in a higher power and such. i believe there are powers above human comprehension for sure, they may not be a God by any means, they could even be many Gods, who knows. I do know alot of things most likely happen for a reason, and while everyone has there own choices to make in life, there is a greater cog that turns the universe beyond understanding.
Lately I've been practicing and devoting my time to meditation. It's a very hard thing to master, let alone to practice it on ones own without guidance. i founnd myself today meditating for 20 minutes in this wodded park behind my house in the cold, every now and then the icy wind would pick up and start to bite through my cotton sleeves, but I jsut sat there not reacting to it but witnessing it take place (I guess that's the best description). It takes a lot of mental discipline and focus to not start thinking of random thoughts or thinking that "I've been doing this for long enough I should just get up and go somewhere". But I believe that I can personally conquer this state of mind, and allow myself dominion over my mind and physical self through this meditation. Even though I just started and it seems difficult and overwhelming at first, I have a belief in this practice that iot will benefit me, so I will stick to it.
That's really all a belief is, it doesn't have to be a belief in a religion or in God. It's something you can devote yourself to and have confidence in. I think everyone needs something to believe in. It allows you to draw on unknown powers. That may sound a little hookey but it's true. This might be a bad eample, but just look at the Crusades, yes it was a terrible thing, but it was an amazing thing at the same time. Both sides believed 100% in what they were doing was right, and they both accomplished great feats. The unified thousands of souls together, even if 90% of those souls were slaughtered. Yeah... ok guess that was a bad example hehe. But I hope you see what I'm saying. Beliefs can summon up tremendous power within people and within the masses.
Whatever your personal belifs are, they won't ever do you any good if you don't fall back and devote yourself 100% to that belief. Once you do you'll find that ever step you take will feel lighter, and every breath you breathe will be stronger and deeper. There are too many people out there that are throwing away their beliefs by devoting themselves to living the lifes of other people ie. celebrities, pop icons, reality TV shows. They can lift focus and attention from their lives and enter into these hypnotic trances where they can focus on someone else's life. Through this they think they are... well that's just it they don't have to think! It's an ecape for the from their own reality and it lets them not deal wit htheir problems as much as they say people who smoke pot, smoke it to avoid their real problems. It's sad really, really sad.
Anyways I'm totally rambling on here so I'm gonna go.
Peace~
Use the Earth to sew...
Use the Water to grow...
Use your hands to pick...
Your fingers to pack...
Use the Fire to burn...
Use the Air to breathe...
AND TOKE THAT SH!T LIKE A MUTHA FUCKIN' CYCLONE!!!
-Derekson
Use the Water to grow...
Use your hands to pick...
Your fingers to pack...
Use the Fire to burn...
Use the Air to breathe...
AND TOKE THAT SH!T LIKE A MUTHA FUCKIN' CYCLONE!!!
-Derekson
-
Weedguru Anex
- The Duke of Dope

- Posts: 1663
- Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 10:58 pm
- Location: Clinging to the antlers of the midnight sun
- Contact:
Was that directed at me? It didn't read that way to me, sorry. Thing is the people that are the problem aren't going to listen either way.Scratch wrote:I agree, problems should be corrected rather than saying "they're a bunch of assholes" to make yourself feel better and ignoring the problems. That's what I was trying to say.
You people voted for Hubert Humphrey and you killed Jesus
-
Scratch
- The Duke of Dope

- Posts: 1350
- Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2004 11:46 am
- Location: inhale...exhaleee..
- Contact:
-
Zen
- The Duke of Dope

- Posts: 1088
- Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2004 7:56 am
- Location: P.G., British Columbia
- Contact:
-
WidespreadDead
- Sir Toke-a-lot

- Posts: 2397
- Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2005 3:03 am
- Location: Chicago
- Contact:
- YoungBud
- Casual toker

- Posts: 26
- Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2005 8:48 am
- Location: United States of Atlanta
- Contact:
doubtful believer
i grew up in a church but i dont know any more ive seen sum meesed up sh1t afta my bro killed himself ive had many doubts
Believe It.
-
Weedguru Anex
- The Duke of Dope

- Posts: 1663
- Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 10:58 pm
- Location: Clinging to the antlers of the midnight sun
- Contact:
-
Scratch
- The Duke of Dope

- Posts: 1350
- Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2004 11:46 am
- Location: inhale...exhaleee..
- Contact:
-
Martin
- Bonghead

- Posts: 155
- Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2005 9:16 pm
- Location: East Anglia, England
- Contact:
Re: doubtful believer
im sorry to hear about ur brotherYoungBud wrote:i grew up in a church but i dont know any more ive seen sum meesed up sh1t afta my bro killed himself ive had many doubts
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users