K I know these poems aren't very good and this one doesn't even rhyme, but I wrote them at work. When I should have been working. haha.
Ode of the Canadian Immigrant
O Canada
Land that changed me
It's amazing how a few
Degrees of lattitude
Can make life better
So much better, in fact
I don't ever wanna go back!
I want to stay where
The snow-capped mountains rise
To meet the unoppresive sky
Where people smile and say
"That's aboot it for tomoorow, eh"?
Where the taxation of the poor is only 13 %
And I don't have to work very hard
To pay rent.
Groceries, gas and cigarettes
May cost a lot,
But not pot!
The summer is short,
The winter too long
But a hot canadian boy,
A few cats, an indoor garden and a stack
Of firewood will keep me warm.
O Canada, with your Northern Lights
And plenty of girls who like
To make out with me when they get drunk -
God bless your legal drinking age.
And God Bless the happy home I've made
Here in the land of Canada
Land of eggy water and loud trains
And despite the copious lack of Taco Bells
I'm not yet in hell.
I would kill for a 7-layer burrito
And some fiesta-tots though.
So even if I can't get
Vegan Tibetan cuisine or
Any good cd's at all
Coz the nearest mall is 5 hours away
And I sometimes have to honk
At a herd of 30 goats to get
Out of my driveway,
I love this land
And all the amenities it offers my future
I can't wait to enjoy them all
As soon as I get legal.
O Canada
Moderators: weedguru_animal, Moderators
-
Caro
- Ganja God

- Posts: 6174
- Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2003 6:22 am
- Location: Possibly in the bathtub... God bless wireless internet!
- Contact:
O Canada
[img]http://a.im.craigslist.org/wb/wN/JlAJzS6s36uxWLoTVAezHhtGuWqk.jpg[/img][img]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y175/Denverbroncofrk/weedgurucopy.jpg[/img]
-
weedguru_animal
- Ganja God

- Posts: 6562
- Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2002 6:07 pm
- Location: south
- Contact:
i always thought you were candian caro, maninly cos you always seemd kinda too natural to too concerned with the earhtly issues and world issues in general to be an american, as racist an assumption it may sound. But your thoughts, yeh , alwasy given me impression of a candian, not a yank. Not to say i think all yanks are overbearing, arogant, unwise, blind sycophant, cos ALL of my favourite artists are american, so thete obviously many people like me there too, but neway. Yeh again it make sense that you in a more natural place, where the people themsleves seem more natural and want to take care of the natural world around them(apart from the poor seals, in that area once ayear, fucking savages).
If i had a candian passport i would have been there by now as it sound perhaps as/differentyl attractive than australia to me cos there is so much land that is still natures and the people ther seem more wise than their southern neighbours and also far les violent. so yeh abetter palce for you all round and one where you obviously have found yourself to fit in easier.
good luck
If i had a candian passport i would have been there by now as it sound perhaps as/differentyl attractive than australia to me cos there is so much land that is still natures and the people ther seem more wise than their southern neighbours and also far les violent. so yeh abetter palce for you all round and one where you obviously have found yourself to fit in easier.
good luck
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users