Mental Blockage

Discuss poems from this section, or post one of your own here

Moderators: weedguru_animal, Moderators

Post Reply
Zen
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope
Posts: 1088
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2004 7:56 am
Location: P.G., British Columbia
Contact:

Mental Blockage

Post by Zen »

Listenin to some Sublime
Sittin on my ass
Bypassin normal flowin time
As I sit tryin to thinka some rhymes

No use, it's useless for me
Seems like I'm writing of a mental block
Makes me feel so pretty, like Gwen Stephani
Makin up stupid catchy songs like Tick Tock Tick Tock
Makin music from the singing of a clock

I don't think I can think anymore
But To think therefore
I am doing nothing but thinking
over the same rundown thoughts
I think they're startin to start stinkin'

And yet I haven't wrote a chorus and this is verse number 4
Is it just gonna keep on goin
Goin on forever and ever more
This is never gonna stop
Fuckin frustrating when all you can think about is your writer's block

Reach in and throw my brain against the wall
Scramble my mind and jumble my thoughts
Now that I know how to walk I've forgotten how to crawl
And it's that sun that dips behind the hills
That makes each of us crave to have it all

Imagination and creation
It all moves like the winds
You'll feel it for a second
And its gone, like the seasons
It was a long time coming
Now we're guitar strummin
Thinkin of singin somethin
Of How we missed the moment
How we tried to own it
We shoulda known it
Like we know it now

There's no point in holdin the world in your hands
Cause it'll all slip through the cracks
In your fingers, like hourly sands
Fallin the weight onto your back
Until your knees both snap
Finally you see your greed as a trap
The insatiable hunger has ultimately been sated
Another starving fat man joins the ranks of the ill fated

Nothing lasts longer than time
Nothing comes quicker than death
Something worth waiting for
But nothing worth worrying about
So don't waste your breath

Pickin my mind up offa the grill
Stuffin these marbles back in place
I think I'm a lil scrambled still
Oh well
I'll just make the best of this face
And paste it with a smile
At least for a while
I'll try and start a new style
Through the teachings of this little verbal quarter mile.
Use the Earth to sew...
Use the Water to grow...
Use your hands to pick...
Your fingers to pack...
Use the Fire to burn...
Use the Air to breathe...
AND TOKE THAT SH!T LIKE A MUTHA FUCKIN' CYCLONE!!!

-Derekson
weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 6562
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2002 6:07 pm
Location: south
Contact:

Post by weedguru_animal »

Imagination and creation
It all moves like the winds
You'll feel it for a second
And its gone, like the seasons
It was a long time coming
Now we're guitar strummin
Thinkin of singin somethin
Of How we missed the moment
How we tried to own it
We shoulda known it

that bit and the ending were wicked, can tell you hadbeats bouncing through your braincells when you wrote this. good work, i started writing a ryhme call ed'writers cock', but true to theme i stopped after a few lines, maybe ill pick it up again, not now tho, cos i got lots of rhymes flowing through me, i writing shit down on bit sof papper as i live, i put some 2getah soon.
like the ryme tho (Y)
Zen
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope
Posts: 1088
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2004 7:56 am
Location: P.G., British Columbia
Contact:

Post by Zen »

Thanks bro, I would find myself doing the same thing when I was working midnight shifts. I would make sure I had a piece of paper near me and a pen handy at all times just incase something popped into my head hehe

Peace
Use the Earth to sew...
Use the Water to grow...
Use your hands to pick...
Your fingers to pack...
Use the Fire to burn...
Use the Air to breathe...
AND TOKE THAT SH!T LIKE A MUTHA FUCKIN' CYCLONE!!!

-Derekson
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users