Explain?camerön wrote:so is this like dumb esxcerises?
Weight gain
Moderator: Moderators
-
cutthecashflow
- Intellecutally Wasted

- Posts: 7747
- Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:19 pm
- Location: Home of the Sioux!
- Contact:
-
jonny cockeral
- Ganja God

- Posts: 6131
- Joined: Sat Oct 19, 2002 9:51 pm
- Location: Newcastle, England
- Contact:
-
GAZ
- Sir Toke-a-lot

- Posts: 2284
- Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 12:07 am
- Location: Milton Keynes, England
- Contact:
Yes normally I do dumbells but i've borrowed a bar bell off my mate for a few days. On my dumbells im only liftin like 10lb atm cause i was told its better to do lots of ligther weights than only a few heavy ones. Is that right or have I been shitted?
If You Want To Get Ahead, Get A Gaz.
[img]http://jupiter.walagata.com/w/gaj/fingathing.jpg[/img]
[img]http://jupiter.walagata.com/w/gaj/fingathing.jpg[/img]
-
cutthecashflow
- Intellecutally Wasted

- Posts: 7747
- Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:19 pm
- Location: Home of the Sioux!
- Contact:
Depends what your shooting for. To add on the "Muscle look" Its better to do light weights with more reps. To actually gain strenthgh its better to do heavier weight with less reps.GAZ wrote:Yes normally I do dumbells but i've borrowed a bar bell off my mate for a few days. On my dumbells im only liftin like 10lb atm cause i was told its better to do lots of ligther weights than only a few heavy ones. Is that right or have I been shitted?
Get busy living or get busy dying.
-
jonny cockeral
- Ganja God

- Posts: 6131
- Joined: Sat Oct 19, 2002 9:51 pm
- Location: Newcastle, England
- Contact:
-
GAZ
- Sir Toke-a-lot

- Posts: 2284
- Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 12:07 am
- Location: Milton Keynes, England
- Contact:
Try www.bodybuilding.com or something like that. Just google it man. You'll find hundreds of results.
If You Want To Get Ahead, Get A Gaz.
[img]http://jupiter.walagata.com/w/gaj/fingathing.jpg[/img]
[img]http://jupiter.walagata.com/w/gaj/fingathing.jpg[/img]
-
cutthecashflow
- Intellecutally Wasted

- Posts: 7747
- Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:19 pm
- Location: Home of the Sioux!
- Contact:
-
Shwoot
- Sir Toke-a-lot

- Posts: 2482
- Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2003 6:51 pm
- Location: P.E., Canada
- Contact:
Really? Wow that would of been good to know a while ago.cutthecashflow wrote:Depends what your shooting for. To add on the "Muscle look" Its better to do light weights with more reps. To actually gain strenthgh its better to do heavier weight with less reps.
K I'm going for the ripped abs look. I do these weird crunches, where ya like stick one foot flat against a wall, keep your back straight, and touch your hands underneath your ass. I do 2 reps of 50.
But before I do that, I do squats. 2 reps of 30, lifting 60 pounds (incl. bar) I only do the squats cuz I read on some web site that they release a bunch of natural growth hormone in your body, so I figured it would help my abs.
I do this any night that I don't work or drink, so it's usually about 4 times a week. I'm a vegetarian, so I eat a shitload of peanut butter. Any suggestions as to how I can get better results? I'm aiming for the "muscle" look, as opposed to strength.
[img]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b42/Pron88/mandyedt.jpg[/img]
-
cutthecashflow
- Intellecutally Wasted

- Posts: 7747
- Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:19 pm
- Location: Home of the Sioux!
- Contact:
Do supersets, for example do a set of squats, rest one min, then do a set of Bench or opposite muscle group. Do 3 sets of 10-12 reps using the heaviest weight that you can manage for that number of sets.
Add about 4 more supersets into a workout using the same sets/reps/rest between sets
Do your abs last. Abs are core muscles meaning its harder to finish your workout if youve stressed your core to hard before you hit the main exersizes it wont be as beneficial.
Also you want Abs? Try doing sprints on the days that you do not lift.
Start off with 10/100 yard sprints. Rest between sprints from 60-90 seconds.
As you progress and things get easier add more sprints.
As always with abs diet is the most important factor, cut out the sugar, and the bad carbs as well as the fats..
Next time you want a soda grab a water, want a snack? Put down the potatoe chips and grab some fruit.
Add about 4 more supersets into a workout using the same sets/reps/rest between sets
Do your abs last. Abs are core muscles meaning its harder to finish your workout if youve stressed your core to hard before you hit the main exersizes it wont be as beneficial.
Also you want Abs? Try doing sprints on the days that you do not lift.
Start off with 10/100 yard sprints. Rest between sprints from 60-90 seconds.
As you progress and things get easier add more sprints.
As always with abs diet is the most important factor, cut out the sugar, and the bad carbs as well as the fats..
Next time you want a soda grab a water, want a snack? Put down the potatoe chips and grab some fruit.
Get busy living or get busy dying.
-
GAZ
- Sir Toke-a-lot

- Posts: 2284
- Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 12:07 am
- Location: Milton Keynes, England
- Contact:
I've only been liftin for a small time now and im already noticin a big difference its great. On average i drink about 4 shakes a day which ='s about 80 grams of protein plus any protein i get off meals. Im hopin that ill keep lifting up and not just get bored and lazy.
If You Want To Get Ahead, Get A Gaz.
[img]http://jupiter.walagata.com/w/gaj/fingathing.jpg[/img]
[img]http://jupiter.walagata.com/w/gaj/fingathing.jpg[/img]
-
cutthecashflow
- Intellecutally Wasted

- Posts: 7747
- Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:19 pm
- Location: Home of the Sioux!
- Contact:
-
tweedle
-
cutthecashflow
- Intellecutally Wasted

- Posts: 7747
- Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:19 pm
- Location: Home of the Sioux!
- Contact:
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users