If anybody feels we missed something, don't hesitate to send me a PM about it. You will help the newbies.
So I got some marijuana, now what do I do?
Smoke it. How you do that is up to you. You can roll a joint or a blunt, take a bong hit, smoke it out of a pipe or a chillum. You can bake it in a cake or make butter too (but that's something you shouldn't worry abour right now, virgin
What's a joint? How do I roll one?
A joint is a marijuana cigarette. Basically it's just crumbled weed wrapped in a cigarette skin, with or without tobacco. How do you roll one? Check out the Rolling forum for help, or check out this nifty joint rolling tutorial at The Hempfiles.
Everyone is talking about roaches, but I have no idea what they are!
You're not the only one. Roaches can be two different things, depending on where you're from. A lot of stoners (mostly in the UK and Europe) roll their joints with a cardboard 'filter', which is called a roach.
BUT! Most Americans and Canadians roll their joints without a filter, and what they refer to as 'roach' is the little bit of leftover joint, that you can't smoke because it'll burn your lips or fingers. That bit is saved for later use or as means of emergency smoking in times of no weed.
What's a bong? Where do I get one? How do I make one?
A bong is probably the most popular means of smoking weed, definetly West of the Atlantic. They come in tons of shapes and sizes, but they share the same principle: The smoke is filtered by water before it is inhaled. Making a bong isn't too hard, but don't expect makeshift bongs to last very long. If you don't feel like rolling blunts or joints all the time, you might want to consider getting a bong.
You can buy them off the Internet, from sites such as EveryoneDoesIt.com, or at your local headshop.
Like I said, making a simple, one-time working bong isn't hard. You can find tutorials here, here and of course here at Weedguru.
What's a blunt? How do I roll one?
A blunt is basically an extreme version of a joint. They're cigars filled with nothing but weed, and you shouldn't even consider smoking one if you're a newbie stoner, because they will burn a hole in your lungs.
There's two types of blunts: the ones rolled with flavored blunt wraps, or the ones made from actual cigar leaves.
Blunt wraps are fairly easy, spread your wrap on a surface, sprinkle weed generously across the wrap, slap in a roach if you want to, and roll it like a regular joint. Make sure you lick it generously, otherwise it'll come loose and you don't want that.
Cigar blunts are a bit trickier. Get yourself a Phillie or Dutchmaster cigar (other cigars work too, but Phillies and Dutchies are the #1 choice), grab a sharp blade and cut it open from end to end. Take out all the tobacco inside and moisten the leaf. Then sprinkle your weed generously into the leaf and roll it like you would roll a blunt wrap. Lick it, close it, and run your lighter up and down the cut until it's dry.
Then spark that shit up.
I smoked weed for the first time but I hardly felt anything! Was I ripped off?
Nah. A lot of people had that. Don't ask me why, but it takes your body a few sessions to get used to the weed. Keep smoking, the good times will come sooner than you think.
*The only reason people don't get high in the beginning is because they aren't inhaling properly, Funk! If you've never experimented with smoking, at takes a bit of practice to get it into your lungs. Airtight sucking usually works good. ~Caro
I smoked a bit too much and I felt sick and/or dizzy. What happened?
You had a whitie. It can happen. It's not something to worry about though, if you feel nauseous or dizzy, it's best to go outside and take a few deep breaths before you go back to smoking. If you still feel sick after that, it's best to put the weed aside for a few hours until you're back on your feet.
More will be added in time.
