Are lightbulbs un-healthy for vaporizer?

Got a problem? - Get counseling from the gurus

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
TuRkiSh ToKeR
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 238
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2005 5:44 am
Location: California
Contact:

Are lightbulbs un-healthy for vaporizer?

Post by TuRkiSh ToKeR »

Im wanting to make a vaporizer and a lightbulb would be good to use, but ive heard their realy unhleathy to use, ive also heard it is ok to use. Help?
[img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/TurkishToker/wgmalcolm.jpg[/img]
Weedguru_Fire_Inside
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 3686
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2004 1:03 pm
Location: England
Contact:

Post by Weedguru_Fire_Inside »

Seen people use it for crystal meth, not for weed though.
Death is the only certainty. EVERYTHING else is variable.
GAZ
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 2284
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 12:07 am
Location: Milton Keynes, England
Contact:

Post by GAZ »

People do use them for weed. Use the search thing and u'll find a topic about someone using them and saying it was good. Google it i reckon. If you know any science teachers ask them cause they can probbaly tell ya whats released when it burns if anything.
If You Want To Get Ahead, Get A Gaz.

[img]http://jupiter.walagata.com/w/gaj/fingathing.jpg[/img]
auto
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin
Posts: 643
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:00 pm
Location: Albany, NY
Contact:

Post by auto »

GAJ wrote:People do use them for weed. Use the search thing and u'll find a topic about someone using them and saying it was good. Google it i reckon. If you know any science teachers ask them cause they can probbaly tell ya whats released when it burns if anything.
"I was wondering if I could rig a lightbulb together to effectively burn my marijuana. Can you help me?"
*failed, expelled, arrested*
canadianbud
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 2157
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:52 pm
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Contact:

Post by canadianbud »

hahaha ya that would be an awkward conversation...except my chem teacher used to do a lot of hard drugs so.

but anyway back on topic. Iv heard the clear ones are alright, but the ones that are tinted white or whatever are bad, im not really sure so dont trust me but thats what iv heard
13laze
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 2279
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2004 1:53 am
Location: Pluto
Contact:

Post by 13laze »

after you get it opened put in a little bit of salt and swirl it around to remove the white chemical inside.

OR...

put some water in it and swirl it around, THEN
let it dry upside down.
Tokin42
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin
Posts: 872
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2003 11:52 pm
Contact:

Post by Tokin42 »

^^ that works, or just use a clear lightbulb. be sure that none of the stuff inside it brakes or cracks open, im pretty sure it contains mercury and you dont want that inside you. other than that, a lot of people use lightbulbs to smoke meth, opium, or anything that will go through a screen.
....Buy the Ticket....

.....Take the Ride.....
Iknowpplz
Casual toker
Casual toker
Posts: 85
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 6:35 am
Contact:

Post by Iknowpplz »

I have no clue how true this is but I heard using florecent light bulbs could give you a fairly good chance of cancer
-matt-
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 225
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2005 2:52 am
Location: beautifull british columbia
Contact:

Post by -matt- »

nah i dont think it will do that but im sure its a fairly unhealthy for you
"Why drink and drive while you can smoke and fly?"
[img]http://www.iit.edu/~demphas/riddler.gif[/img]
13laze
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 2279
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2004 1:53 am
Location: Pluto
Contact:

Post by 13laze »

you can get those fancy ones... mint flavour....ready in 1 min...


i rather just wait till i can relax and smoke weed rather than bringing those stuff to school or offices though
GAZ
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 2284
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 12:07 am
Location: Milton Keynes, England
Contact:

Post by GAZ »

auto wrote:
GAJ wrote:People do use them for weed. Use the search thing and u'll find a topic about someone using them and saying it was good. Google it i reckon. If you know any science teachers ask them cause they can probbaly tell ya whats released when it burns if anything.
"I was wondering if I could rig a lightbulb together to effectively burn my marijuana. Can you help me?"
*failed, expelled, arrested*
obviously he wouldnt say it like that though, i hope he wouldnt anyway.
If You Want To Get Ahead, Get A Gaz.

[img]http://jupiter.walagata.com/w/gaj/fingathing.jpg[/img]
Sovetskeey
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 389
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2004 9:01 am
Location: Edmonton, AB
Contact:

Post by Sovetskeey »

http://www.overgrow.com/growfaq/?qa=1376

I think I'd rather use a clear one than use a washed-out frosty one. At least you get to see the smoke in the clear one :D
I don't do drugs - Just weed.
[img]http://members.shaw.ca/psg1_sniper/JulezSig.jpg[/img]
Handmade in Yorkshire
Casual toker
Casual toker
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:03 pm
Contact:

Post by Handmade in Yorkshire »

Sovetskeey wrote:http://www.overgrow.com/growfaq/?qa=1376

I think I'd rather use a clear one than use a washed-out frosty one. At least you get to see the smoke in the clear one :D

Does this really work as good as it reads?

I've been wondering for a while if a vapourizer might be a bit better for me rather than smoking pipes all the time; which really fucks my asthma...bah!
13laze
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 2279
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2004 1:53 am
Location: Pluto
Contact:

Post by 13laze »

yeah man. just put the lightbulb above a flame till you see vapours rise from the bud and inhale it. ahhh you hvae to close off the opening when vapourizing with a bulb though
Sovetskeey
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 389
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2004 9:01 am
Location: Edmonton, AB
Contact:

Post by Sovetskeey »

I've gotten so tired of my pipe I use a homemade bong more than it. Bigger rips :D . I've never tried a lightbulb vaporizer because I'm too lazy to go over to Zellers or whatever and buy a 100W bulb.
I don't do drugs - Just weed.
[img]http://members.shaw.ca/psg1_sniper/JulezSig.jpg[/img]
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users