this is something i have just self edited and thought some of y'all stoners might appreciate this written while under the haze of a recent blaze....it's a bit long but have a go and let me know...nice
Tall tooth tales
Sat
Surrounded
Shrouded in this familiarity blanket,
My wife sat to my right, covered too.
We sit together
Scrutinising the carefully selected DVD
That I walked a while to hire.
There’s a real comfortableness to this,
Not just here and now
Sat on this couch;
But, this whole ritualistic act breeds a certain security.
The whole ritualistic act
Of stating that, “I’ll soon come back”
I bid farewell to my spouse
About to re-trace my oft trod track,
Travelling left out from the house.
I enjoy the ritual,
The entering the calm of night,
The breathing deep of star clamoured air,
The clutching my zoot and Zippo lighter tight.
I foot patrol Judge Street
I leisurely stroll, non-judgemental
Of the houses I meet
Along the way.
Each abode a thousand stories
Unknown
At one, from the door keys
Hangs an elephant carved from ivory or bone;
At another
Porno’s live on top of the humming fridge;
And the unkempt house where amidst
Dust padded papers the old man takes his throne.
I’m at the video outlet now
Trying not to fidget
Too much,
And, when I overcome my indecisiveness
I’m back out on the street, new title in my clutch.
Once more I’m at home
Taking in the ocular treat
Socks collapsed over there on the rug,
Slippers: safety nets below my feet,
I’m running my tongue across enamel and it tastes a little sweet
As if there’s something maybe lodged in my teeth;
So, I place my pointing finger into my gob, and feel atop
My pegs, then I catch a feel of something that begs
Another poke,
I feel an anomaly,
Something of which I am not normally
Aware,
Right there,
It’s sharp,
And I check across my mouth
To find another.
My canines
Remind
Me in that instant
That all of this ritual is a guise,
Superficial.
You see, I’m really here to survive
Along with the rest of you animals,
Here to thrive
To tear meat from the bone,
To lap cool water,
To fuck,
To breathe,
To hone
New ancestral paths,
Ensure my seeds are certain sown.
All the rest is aesthetics,
Denial of our primal genetics
And I understand now why I am fascinated by break dancing and athletics,
It’s the human body at its rawest
And ‘ooh baby I like it raw’ (OBD RIP).
I like chicken leg with bone to gnaw.
But as I explained, well I hope I did, before
I appreciate the comfortableness,
The routine,
The ritual,
Keeping my fangs and primordial urges at bay
Waking up, feeling secure in the ritual acts
That see me through another day.
peace
supasprayer
tall tooth tales
Moderators: weedguru_animal, Moderators
-
supasayer
- Casual toker

- Posts: 38
- Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2005 2:37 am
- Location: Watford, UK
- Contact:
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users