"Homophobia"

A place to discuss deeper topics

Moderator: Moderators

herbal stu
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 4140
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2003 3:28 pm
Location: Wigan, England
Contact:

"Homophobia"

Post by herbal stu »

Dictionary definitions for the word phobia:

:arrow: A persistent, abnormal, and irrational fear of a specific thing or situation that compels one to avoid it, despite the awareness and reassurance that it is not dangerous.


:arrow: An intense, abnormal, or illogical fear of a specified thing: xenophobia.

:arrow: A persistent, abnormal, or irrational fear of a specific thing or situation that compels one to avoid the feared stimulus


Dictionary definitions for the word dislike:

:arrow: To regard with distaste or aversion.

:arrow: An attitude or a feeling of distaste or aversion.


So why is it though phobia is not mentioned in the definition for dislike but when someone says they dislike certain gay people not them all but say they have a certain dislike of the way a lot of homosexuality is bantered about and thrown in the faces of young people etc. I am classed as homophobic?? I do not fear these people nor scared or any of the above dictionary definitions. Why do people use the word homophobe and homophobic in the wrong context it only shows their lack of intelligence and ignorance to the word in itself. All I ask is that people get to grips and with the programme with words that are bantered around in an over political correct society.

This is in no way a rant to say I hate gay people I work with em and have close friends who are. I judge people on individual merits and even though I make broad generalisations at times does not mean I class everyone in the same vain. I hate the french as a nation for its governments actions but know and love french people for their liking of us English and their utter politeness and friendliness. It does not make me a frenchphobe. My abhorrent attitude to the actions of the many does not create a hatred of the phew. So why in this over PC society are so many usually level headed and understanding people so quick to jump on the bandwagon and shout me down with rants of homophobe?

Now I that stoned I cant remember where I started and where I wanna go so I will stop here its gonna be a lot of reading I guess :P

LOVE PEACE AND TRANQUILITY IN LIFE FOR ALL!

NO WORRIES BE HAPPY!!
[img]http://img273.imageshack.us/img273/2582/distsig1kd.gif[/img]
Reap your life like you want to recognise all you have come to!
When I stamp it on your forehead
So you will never forget that you're a reject,
And you're no one little impotent one!
Substance G
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 389
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:58 am
Contact:

Post by Substance G »

People use the term "homophobic" to mean a person who hates gay people they believe that in a way, their fear has turned into hate.
:)
[url=http://www.howstrange.com/gallery/cat_rolling.gif][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v14/daginobino/Photo_0219.jpg[/img][/url]
User avatar
CardHore
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin
Posts: 895
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2003 11:19 am
Location: england
Contact:

Post by CardHore »

I find one certain homosexual person extremely annoying, im great mates with another. It depends on the person not the sexual preference.
'Surely you cant be serious'
'I am serious, and dont call me Sherley'
jonny cockeral
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 6131
Joined: Sat Oct 19, 2002 9:51 pm
Location: Newcastle, England
Contact:

Post by jonny cockeral »

most french people ive encountered have been grumpy or think there a cut above the rest
Cameron.
herbal stu
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 4140
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2003 3:28 pm
Location: Wigan, England
Contact:

Post by herbal stu »

Uninteresting wrote:People use the term "homophobic" to mean a person who hates gay people they believe that in a way, their fear has turned into hate.
This is what I'm getting at who says fears any relation to hate!

I hated a couple of pricks in high school doesnt mean I was afraid of em!!
[img]http://img273.imageshack.us/img273/2582/distsig1kd.gif[/img]
Reap your life like you want to recognise all you have come to!
When I stamp it on your forehead
So you will never forget that you're a reject,
And you're no one little impotent one!
4*20
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 2571
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2003 3:30 am
Contact:

Post by 4*20 »

camerön wrote:most french people ive encountered have been grumpy or think there a cut above the rest
:(
herbal stu
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 4140
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2003 3:28 pm
Location: Wigan, England
Contact:

Post by herbal stu »

Chicka ya beautiful sweet caring and more of the same dont worry!
[img]http://img273.imageshack.us/img273/2582/distsig1kd.gif[/img]
Reap your life like you want to recognise all you have come to!
When I stamp it on your forehead
So you will never forget that you're a reject,
And you're no one little impotent one!
Mind Terrorist
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin
Posts: 747
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2003 1:18 pm
Location: U.K. which is a bastard to skate in winter.
Contact:

Post by Mind Terrorist »

homosexuals don't bother me (as long as they don't persist on coming on to me after a warning), it's the fucking whole camp image that realllly PISSSES ME OFF. the way camp guys ponce around as if they run the fucking show. they are no more special than the rest of us, yet they strut their shit like fucking royalty.

im am not camp people-phobic because i am not scared of these people, i just don't see why they have to ponce around - and oh fuck, are they bitchy. they are the bitchiest, devious bunch i've ever seen.

(i know 4 camp people - i say 'know', i mean i know of and can mildly tolerate them, but they really annoy me. another thing - they seem to get the attention from the females as well).
~iNDiViDUALiTY iS A GiFT~
we all die one day,
remember that when i go first...
[img]http://www.bbc.co.uk/leeds/altogether/thomas_danby/images/cold_turkey_270.jpg[/img]
Substance G
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 389
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:58 am
Contact:

Post by Substance G »

Herbal $tu wrote:
Uninteresting wrote:People use the term "homophobic" to mean a person who hates gay people they believe that in a way, their fear has turned into hate.
This is what I'm getting at who says fears any relation to hate!

I hated a couple of pricks in high school doesnt mean I was afraid of em!!
Just because fear can turn into hate, that doesn't mean that's how every situation is. There are more reasons to hate someone, but in general, people seem to think people hate gays because they fear the lifestyle.
:)
[url=http://www.howstrange.com/gallery/cat_rolling.gif][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v14/daginobino/Photo_0219.jpg[/img][/url]
jonny cockeral
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 6131
Joined: Sat Oct 19, 2002 9:51 pm
Location: Newcastle, England
Contact:

Post by jonny cockeral »

weedguru cathies wrote:
camerön wrote:most french people ive encountered have been grumpy or think there a cut above the rest
:(
theres exceptions to every rule. :lol:
Cameron.
Weedguru Cusmar
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 2834
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2004 8:51 pm
Location: Floating (Brighton, U.K.)
Contact:

Post by Weedguru Cusmar »

Mind Terrorist wrote:they seem to get the attention from the females as well).
Cause they're mentally females. And how many non camp teenage boys are gonna wanna talk to them? :roll:
[img]http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/5585/tokeuphh5.gif[/img]
User avatar
clashcityrocker
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 2419
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2003 12:14 am
Location: Canada
Contact:

Post by clashcityrocker »

my whole stance on gayness... I dont think Ive ever told this website, probably becuase it never really comes up. I dont think gay marriage should be allowed for 2 reasons. One its literally impossible. The definition of marriage is uniting a man and woman- although nowadays, marriage isnt sacred at all. The second reason is because the gay d00ds dont tend to stay together very long at all. Either by breaking up and finding another guy, or getting AIDS any dying. you know dem AIDS.

I couldnt really ever be gay cause I like girls too much. Problem is they dont return the feeling which is probably what makes guys turn gay :lol:
[img]http://piglet.techno.org/images/funny.gif[/img]
CCR presents: The Lord of the Rings, portrayed by noobbz
moonpuppy
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 137
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2004 3:48 pm
Location: neverland
Contact:

Post by moonpuppy »

homosexuals are gay
[img]http://users.aber.ac.uk/ccs2/moonpuppy%20sig.jpg[/img]
vote yes on 420
User avatar
Dr. Greenthumb
Stoned Immaculate
Stoned Immaculate
Posts: 8112
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:17 pm
Contact:

Post by Dr. Greenthumb »

so are lesbians
“Cannibalism? Racism? Dude, that’s not for us ... those decisions are better left to the suits in Washington. We’re just here to eat some dude!”
-Charlie Kelly
herbal stu
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 4140
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2003 3:28 pm
Location: Wigan, England
Contact:

Post by herbal stu »

DrGrEEnThUMb wrote:so are lesbians
uneducation lesbians are homosexual :P
[img]http://img273.imageshack.us/img273/2582/distsig1kd.gif[/img]
Reap your life like you want to recognise all you have come to!
When I stamp it on your forehead
So you will never forget that you're a reject,
And you're no one little impotent one!
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users