journey of dan...the warm to the cold

Discuss poems from this section, or post one of your own here

Moderators: weedguru_animal, Moderators

Post Reply
weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 6562
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2002 6:07 pm
Location: south
Contact:

journey of dan...the warm to the cold

Post by weedguru_animal »

Journey of Dan –The warm to the cold

For nearly 26 years,
I’ve been traveling on a road.
in some places it’s rained,
in others it’s snowed.

I started in moonee ponds,
A town in a city of the Victorian State,
But my stay there was ended,
Cos my dad behaved in a way which today even now, produces feelings of hate.

We had to leave,
He made it so we just had to go.
My mother had wished so much
her children would have the beauty of australia in which to grow,
and blossom,
live with the sun, the sea and the possum…

so I flew from Melbourne to Scotland,
From the warm to the cold,
I remember the move real vivid,
Though I was only 4 years old.

Freezing weather and snakes,
the sky was always grey,
a desolate region,
where no functioning human being would ever holiday.

At 6 and a half,
I was exported to Britain,
A home in the countryside,
Complete with a kitten.
with whom i was immediately smitten,
even after she had bitten,
and scratched,
I recognized there were parts of our souls that matched.

And I guess that’s where my fascination began,
With the way cats moved, hunted and ran…
Cos I’ve been in love with the species since we first met,
They are like brothers and sisters, never just a pet.
each an every one of them, ill never forget..
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users