Chagos Islands Conspiracy

A place to discuss deeper topics

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
riff
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope
Posts: 1147
Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2003 9:32 pm
Location: England
Contact:

Chagos Islands Conspiracy

Post by riff »

People from Britain may have seen this on ITV last night, if not the link below explains all.

http://www.irr.org.uk/2004/september/ak000014.html

As if I didn't already have a reason to be ashamed of being British. I'm just baffled how people can get away with this. I know its no different from British colanisation(sp?) but this happened in the 1960s! The link below is the official Chagos Islands website.

http://www.chagos.org/home.htm
Funk Doctor
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 6636
Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2002 4:24 pm
Location: Above the clouds

Post by Funk Doctor »

irr.org?

Come back with some more convincing news sources.
riff
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope
Posts: 1147
Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2003 9:32 pm
Location: England
Contact:

Post by riff »

Weedguru Funk Doctor wrote:irr.org?

Come back with some more convincing news sources.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/3177682.stm

http://yougotthepoint.online.fr/chagos.htm
Funk Doctor
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 6636
Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2002 4:24 pm
Location: Above the clouds

Post by Funk Doctor »

I stand corrected :wink:
layabout guy
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin
Posts: 730
Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2004 2:41 am
Location: Place With Trees
Contact:

Post by layabout guy »

You know the chagos islands wont get there way because the goverment would be screwed in front of the UN and it was back in the day
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v19/layabout_guy/fuckriaa.jpg[/img]
-"If god doesn't like the way I live, let him tell me, not you"
I love Caro
riff
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope
Posts: 1147
Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2003 9:32 pm
Location: England
Contact:

Post by riff »

layabout_guy wrote:You know the chagos islands wont get there way because the goverment would be screwed in front of the UN and it was back in the day
The island still belongs to England evn though it is the biggest U.S military base outside the U.S. But at the end of the day Tony Blair wouldn't even dare eat Bush's last Rolo so I can't see him ordering U.S forces of the Islands. Most of the ministers etc responsible for this are long gone so no one will get punishment. I can see the Chagossians getting compensation but that's about it.

I'm not sure if the links mentioned this, when the islanders initially refused to leave the forces destroyed the population of animals, including pets. The islanders were then told they would suffer the same fate if they refused to leave. I apoligise if that isn't in the links but if anyone saw the programme they can back me up.
cutthecashflow
Intellecutally Wasted
Intellecutally Wasted
Posts: 7747
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:19 pm
Location: Home of the Sioux!
Contact:

Post by cutthecashflow »

Do you ever feel like not reading somehting?
Get busy living or get busy dying.
User avatar
clashcityrocker
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 2419
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2003 12:14 am
Location: Canada
Contact:

Post by clashcityrocker »

if you're ashamed of being british... just remember... Your people dictated, slaved and controlled ghandi (the nice peaceful old dude) and his people. Way to go!
[img]http://piglet.techno.org/images/funny.gif[/img]
CCR presents: The Lord of the Rings, portrayed by noobbz
riff
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope
Posts: 1147
Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2003 9:32 pm
Location: England
Contact:

Post by riff »

cutthecashflow wrote:Do you ever feel like not reading somehting?
Hey man I don't mind I don't want to read it but did you really have to write that? Just go back to the forum index if your not interested in the topic.
clashcityrocker wrote:if you're ashamed of being british... just remember... Your people dictated, slaved and controlled ghandi (the nice peaceful old dude) and his people. Way to go!
I actually said as if I didn't have a reason to be ashamed already, which would imply I am ashamed. I'm well aware of my nations barbaric history, I don't need people to remind me. The British have done that to a lot more counties than just India, why didn't you mention them? Beacuase they haven't got easy to remember leaders? What about Canada, Australia, New Zealand and quarter of Africa?
Guest

Post by Guest »

what happened to canada? we're doin fine. no worries. lol....... woo la la im high.

hold on, canada's on the phone i'll ask her if she's still pissed

"canada? yeah... britain wants to know-"
"britain? that bitch."

ok sorry canada hung up.... no hard feelings.
User avatar
clashcityrocker
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 2419
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2003 12:14 am
Location: Canada
Contact:

Post by clashcityrocker »

whoa man, calm down... sheesh you brits are really vicious
[img]http://piglet.techno.org/images/funny.gif[/img]
CCR presents: The Lord of the Rings, portrayed by noobbz
layabout guy
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin
Posts: 730
Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2004 2:41 am
Location: Place With Trees
Contact:

Post by layabout guy »

Im not ashamed of shit then again i dont class myself british
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v19/layabout_guy/fuckriaa.jpg[/img]
-"If god doesn't like the way I live, let him tell me, not you"
I love Caro
riff
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope
Posts: 1147
Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2003 9:32 pm
Location: England
Contact:

Post by riff »

clashcityrocker wrote:whoa man, calm down... sheesh you brits are really vicious
Sorry dude, you caught me on a bad day! But I'm far from vicious, I'm about as laid back as they come!
Look into my eye!
[img]http://compute2.shodor.org/mandy/cnew_archive/1920.gif[/img]
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users