Need your help

Hip-hop, house, happy hardcore - what do you listen to?

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
Sovetskeey
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 389
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2004 9:01 am
Location: Edmonton, AB
Contact:

Need your help

Post by Sovetskeey »

Okay, just watched Half Baked for the 93849384 time and I've decided I wanna make a stoner CD. I want some good stuff though, none of this gangsta rap shit (my personal opinion, don't bother bitching). Like mellow rock n funk n reggae n shit. Of course, it's gotta have Hotel California, Jimi and Floyd but maybe some newer stuff from groups I've never heard of sorta thing....
I don't do drugs - Just weed.
[img]http://members.shaw.ca/psg1_sniper/JulezSig.jpg[/img]
riff
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope
Posts: 1147
Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2003 9:32 pm
Location: England
Contact:

Post by riff »

Check out Guru, one of the guys from public enemy. I haven't heard much of his solo stuff but I love "feel the music" and "lounging". His style mixture of jazz and hip-hop. Babyhead are wicked, their style is a mixture of so many genres but mainly ska. Its so chilled. Any old skool ska is great too, the proper stuff from back in the day. I take it you're into classic rock?
Sovetskeey
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 389
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2004 9:01 am
Location: Edmonton, AB
Contact:

Post by Sovetskeey »

Of course.
http://members.shaw.ca/psg1_sniper/Wina ... aylist.htm . I went on Kazaa and found as much as I could find... Mostly Bob Marley and alot of obscure reggae tracks with the word Ganja, Marijuana, Legalize and Weed in the names :D .
I don't do drugs - Just weed.
[img]http://members.shaw.ca/psg1_sniper/JulezSig.jpg[/img]
User avatar
Dr. Greenthumb
Stoned Immaculate
Stoned Immaculate
Posts: 8112
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:17 pm
Contact:

Post by Dr. Greenthumb »

its cool if you dont like rap but you dont gotta call it shit....
definitely jimi hendrix-purple haze


dont forget bob marley- mr brown
“Cannibalism? Racism? Dude, that’s not for us ... those decisions are better left to the suits in Washington. We’re just here to eat some dude!”
-Charlie Kelly
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users