A sadder world

A place to discuss deeper topics

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
Born of Fire
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope
Posts: 1311
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2003 11:14 am
Location: Australia
Contact:

A sadder world

Post by Born of Fire »

so I just got to thinking about this, it seems to make sense, if you look around the world today, does it seem to you that the whole world in general is more depressing? like terrorism has made people scared, there's been nothing major good for the world in a few years, all the energy has left the world and I just get the feeling that everyone has gone downhill emotionally... does anyone else share this feeling?

I say the world should cheer up more and have communal bongs every day 8)
I've gone to find myself, if I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait

Reality's a nice place, but I wouldn't want to live there

If at first you don't succeed, fuck the world and smoke some weed
limit
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin
Posts: 647
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2004 8:53 am
Location: Australia
Contact:

Post by limit »

Sometimes I think that..

But luckily some of the time I just think I can be happy and have fun no matter what's going on in the world around me.
[img]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o222/slybert_cruz/keirasig.jpg[/img]
Head up young man,
this might be the only chance you get in the course of infinity,
don't ever forget that.
Born of Fire
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope
Posts: 1311
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2003 11:14 am
Location: Australia
Contact:

Post by Born of Fire »

When you can forget all the troubles around the world and just be happy, it's a great achievement and a mental orgasm 8)
I've gone to find myself, if I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait

Reality's a nice place, but I wouldn't want to live there

If at first you don't succeed, fuck the world and smoke some weed
User avatar
shady04
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 141
Joined: Fri May 21, 2004 10:49 pm
Location: Tennessee
Contact:

Post by shady04 »

Well i can see where your coming from. i mean here in the states Reagan died as well as Ray Charles. plus you got Bush vs Kerry, that in itself is depressing. the way i see it, life is way to short to live life depressed or afraid of terrrorism. gray skies are going to clear up put on a happy face.
User avatar
th3rdeye
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope
Posts: 1044
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2003 3:44 pm
Location: above Philly, PA
Contact:

Post by th3rdeye »

Terrorism has already won. The world is almost in a permanent-shock, society no longer sleeps. And because of it, it's drained. Everyone is so afraid, and negative thoughts will always depress, sooner or later they get their target.
[img]http://www.radicald.com/forums/uploads/post-27-1070566237.jpg[/img]
flynn

Post by flynn »

i think you hit the nail on the head there champ.....

i have also noticed that people no longer have tolerance for one another and people are too quick to think the worst of you....kinda sucks :|
riff
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope
Posts: 1147
Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2003 9:32 pm
Location: England
Contact:

Post by riff »

all these things bother me, plus the lack of trust (which i admit is understandable), the way we treat animals, the obsession with money, modern popular music and the fact that sports players are paid so much more money than doctors, nurses etc (i like sport by the way, but i like being alive too) to name a few.

oh and i'm aware that my last point highlights the significance of money.
Look into my eye!
[img]http://compute2.shodor.org/mandy/cnew_archive/1920.gif[/img]
GodHand Kronix
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 3191
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2003 4:36 am
Location: Cape Coma
Contact:

Post by GodHand Kronix »

Knowledge in some cases constitutes fear, but in most cases lack of knowledge does. Sometimes in our ever-expanding conquest for knowledge we come across things that are frightening and scare people, and when it escapes to the public it wreaks havoc. However, it is more often things we don't know that cause us to be scared. For example, the public in general these days seems to look at arab people differently because of the 9/11 assault, but they don't understand that not all arabs are terrorists. I think to really quell the fear of one another and be able to live happily in a community with all races we need to become more educated as a whole and learn that not all people are bad. Or we could always just have a worldwide smokeout...
RIP Andrew James Howard
June 9, 1982
September 16, 2005
I love you man..
jonny cockeral
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 6131
Joined: Sat Oct 19, 2002 9:51 pm
Location: Newcastle, England
Contact:

Re: A sadder world

Post by jonny cockeral »

Born of Fire wrote:there's been nothing major good for the world in a few years,
check out the new beastie boys cd :lol:

im a bit too stoned to make a decent comment at this moment.
Cameron.
User avatar
MaGiCalPlant420
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 171
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2004 7:33 pm
Location: BluntsBurge
Contact:

Post by MaGiCalPlant420 »

what really sucks is my bros girl friend for 2 years died in a car accident 2 days before christmas her car (suv) swerved rolled over twice and since she wasnt waring a seatbelt she came out of the passenger window and landed 50 feet away from the car they had so much shit planned n they were gonna get married and shit my bro is 20 so it really hit our family and her family hard plus she was at my house every single day she was like my sister :cry: so my life right now is very depressing cause of it cause my bro isnt the same
[img]http://www.drugs-plaza.com/plaatjes/funny/plaatje4gal1.jpg[/img]
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users