Page 1 of 2

Not getting high when smoking anymore

Posted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 12:11 am
by clashcityrocker
Well, I do but only for like 5 minutes and then its like I don't feel blazed any more. I usually smoke at least once a day, some days I dont smoke at all but I want to make the effect more intense like it was when I first started smoking! what can I do?

Posted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 1:19 am
by magic_mush88
If I were you I would stop for a wile. Ive found that when I smoke to much for to long I get so use to it that the high is no longer fun. You could also try mixing drugs just be careful about what drugs you mix.

Posted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 2:05 am
by rakanishu15
I never had that problem, but maybe you should try using a stronger smoking device like a gravity bong or bubbler.

Posted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 1:49 pm
by djjj128
There are two things you can do. Yo could stop for a while, and then when you start again you will feel the high rushing through you like a river of relief.

The thing about smoking weed everyday is that it deducts from the experience. I save smoking weed as a 'treat' (I smoke a lot, but only ever on the weekend! This keeps it 'special in a way) When you smoke everyday, it become less special.

The other thing you can do is start buying amazing hydroponic crossbreed AK-13 skunk or whatever and then roll 20 pure spliffs with the pund that you bought. That should get you stoned.

Posted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 2:02 pm
by Weedguru Sensei
How much are you smoking each session CCR? And by what method.

Posted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 3:06 pm
by Midnight Toker
Smoke more. If you smoke spliffs, put more bud in each spliffs. As your tolerance builds up, obviously its gonna take more to get you blazed.

Posted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 3:11 pm
by 13laze
:wink: try taking a break like what the other guy's said....even for a week and than it will be hitting you like it usually does...

Posted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 3:12 pm
by clashcityrocker
I usually smoke about 1, 2 or 3 pretty big nugs in my bong, I have used a gravity bong before and I think I'm gonna make one in a couple mins...

Posted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 7:10 pm
by CardHore
yeah i sugest stopping to buying more, may aswell save money neh?

Posted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 8:07 am
by weedguru tom
ccr you should do what a few of us here do, only smoke at night (thats 1 joint before you goto bed) i did this for about a week - 2 weeks and im back to normal now.

Posted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 2:39 pm
by the mac
Smoke More. you arent even smoking alot and for smoking everyday im not suprised you arent feeling it anymore... :?

thats me 2 cents.

Posted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 2:53 pm
by WeedGuru_Flow
yeah, quit for awhile, i had that same thing too last year, i just held back for about a week or 3 and then when i toked again for the first time i felt the buzzz rushing thru me as if it was the first time ever
plus youll save money, and ull go all wrong by starting to buy more and more

Posted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 7:10 pm
by FallGuy
Taking breaks will renew that old high that you remember and will give you confidence that you can do without it, if you want to. But as the breaks become shorter and less frequent, you will realize that best way to mitigate the loss of enjoyment is to smoke more, stronger pot, and find yourself an inexpensive reliable source. You might try drinking or eating it, instead of smoking; and you might try keeping several different strains of bud to choose from, which is a luxury I have not had. Personally, pot tea makes me gag and my experiences with eating pot have left me returning to that familiar whisp of smoke at the end of my pipe.

Posted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 8:08 pm
by Caro
That was succinct and nicely stated.

I'm in the SMOKE MORE camp. My tolerance is pretty high... I need to smoke a bowl or two a few times an hour to stay blazed. But I manage....

Posted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 8:18 pm
by WeedGuru_Flow
im cutting back for 3 weeks because of finals, so ill probably be getting my old highs again when i light up my first one after them, ive done this before and i have the discipline to not smoke when i feel like taking brakes

although im realy craving for a bong right now :(