Page 1 of 5
ARE WE REALLY GONNA ALLOW THIS TO CONTINUE?
Posted: Fri May 21, 2004 1:56 pm
by Height
I'm no conservative, nor am I over-sensitive or uptight. I am however completely f*cked off with all the despicable racism on this website. I refer mainly to the jokes section, where it seems anyone can write anything and get left the fuck alone by the moderators. I AM F*CKING SICK OF IT! Seriously, go to the jokes and look for yourselves.
Someone needed to say this and I'm all too glad to be that person. But that ain't gonna count for sh*t if no-one supports me on this, so come on, I know Caro will cos she's a legend (as well as some genius!), but the rest of you should too. PEACE.
Posted: Fri May 21, 2004 3:33 pm
by Funk Doctor
They're jokes. I tell a bunch of racist jokes, I even tell them to muslims and black people. They laugh. I laugh. All good.
If you get worked up over a stupid joke, there's something wrong with you.
Posted: Fri May 21, 2004 3:47 pm
by raggamuffin
actually, i've also noticed a strange prevalence of non-white people laughing at racist jokes. in fact, i was watching the weakest link the other day and anne robinson asked a asian dude to 'tell her an asian joke'. she didnt mean a joke that white people tell, she meant an asian joke. one that asians might tell to each other. what do you think it says about white people that the first thing an asian thinks is asked of him is to disrespect himself and his culture? it points to a sad attempt to be conspiratorial, to be on the same side of the oppressors. seriously, fuck you for telling one of the right-thinking people, who are in a majority on this website, that they had something wrong with them! fuck you for finding that shit funny. you're a fucking apologist for centuries of shit. the world should have no place for you but unfortunately it does. i can have fun without insulting people, or if i did insult someone, i'd fucking take it back when it was made clear that it was inappropriate. you just insulted someone. fuck you. genetic superiority does not exist.
Posted: Fri May 21, 2004 4:08 pm
by Funk Doctor
You must have me confused with some racist. Don't get me wrong, I hate recists, because they actually mean what they say. But if I tell a joke about muslims or jews, does that make me a racist? Think before you write.
Posted: Fri May 21, 2004 4:25 pm
by Height
Listen Doc. I understand what you're saying and you're right. Telling a joke about a group of people doesn't make someone a racist. However, let me give you an example of the kind of sh*t mans put on WG:
Know how to save a drowning *censor*?
No.
Good!
The redneck who posted that meant it, and it shouldn't happen. In these days of post-modernism it seems like boundaries are becoming blurred and prejudiced people are being defended by those non-prejudiced people who feel like they themselves are being accused of something they know they're not guilty of.
I like u Doc, you say what you believe. PLEASE join the fight to purge WG of these people. They ain't just out for a laugh, they believe they are superior. I've even seen jokes about whites on here that have p*ssed me right off.
Posted: Fri May 21, 2004 4:40 pm
by Funk Doctor
Well I have to admit that some of them are out of line. I'll see that the worst ones get deleted, but the rest stays.
But if you're talking about the jokes on the main page, there's nothing I can do. You need to talk to asmodeus for that, I can only clean out the Jokes forum.
Posted: Fri May 21, 2004 4:59 pm
by CardHore
OR just change it to:
Know how to save a drowning white man?
No.
Good!
Im white, i dont care, its all gravy
Posted: Fri May 21, 2004 5:13 pm
by Funk Doctor
No because then some white guys would start whining about it. There's just no way of pleasing some people

Posted: Sat May 22, 2004 3:28 am
by Caro
There are unnaceptable jokes on the main page. I've known about it for awhile, but I've been operating on stoner time when it comes to alerting Asmodeus.
Posted: Sat May 22, 2004 6:29 pm
by Tlicious
There is always going to be something that bugs you when you get together with 100's of people online and chat, everyone has different personalities. And if some hick comes along and posts a *censor* joke then fuck him, he's trash, who gives a shit. Someone will find it and clean it up sooner or later.

Posted: Sat May 22, 2004 9:10 pm
by Guest
Height, I've tried. It's pointless... seems like these ppl love their racist jokes.
"mmm mm nuthin like makin fun of *censor* and mexicans right!?!"
Pretty fucked up. Lost a lot of love for this site.
viewtopic.php?t=8004

Posted: Wed May 26, 2004 10:16 am
by Height
jus.me.n.my.pipe wrote:Height, I've tried. It's pointless... seems like these ppl love their racist jokes.
"mmm mm nuthin like makin fun of *censor* and mexicans right!?!"
Pretty fucked up. Lost a lot of love for this site.
viewtopic.php?t=8004
:(
Hate to say it but my man's right.
Posted: Wed May 26, 2004 11:41 am
by raggamuffin
that's right. man should just understand...you don't have to defend the racists in the name of free speech...clean them the fuck off the website. that's the only way to BE progressive

Posted: Thu May 27, 2004 8:25 am
by Guest
lol woman

Posted: Thu May 27, 2004 7:54 pm
by Midnight Toker
Why does everything have to be so damn politically correct all the time? This is especially true in britain. Racist, sexist, ageist and whatever else-ist jokes are just that, JOKES. As in humorous, as in not to be taken seriously. Sure some people take it too far, but most people don't mean what they say. We all have a fat friend who we make fun of, how is that any different from making fun of an asian friend? There is no malice to the jokes, i tell jokes like this to black friends, and they simply send a cracker joke back at me. It's only offensive if you choose to get offended by it, just take it in good humour and dish it out back. Go make a thread of white jokes instead of getting all pissed off, i for one would like to hear em.
Stupid Maggie Thatcher.