Requiem For a Dream

Got an opinion on a movie? Stick it in here!

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
goodshit
Casual toker
Casual toker
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2003 2:39 am
Location: Va-- USA
Contact:

Requiem For a Dream

Post by goodshit »

It's a movie about drugs...but it's not like any other movie. It has different people in the movie (mother and son) that both have drug problems. Just rent it, get stoned and watch. It's unbelievable.

Oh and basically every movie that has been mentioned on this board is good...with the exception of Pootie Tang.
You know I got a pocket fulla sticky-icky-icky
Tweek_1984
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 293
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2003 2:37 am
Contact:

Post by Tweek_1984 »

Everyone raves about requiem for a dream. I have to say that I dont think its a patch on trainspotting.
Weedguru Anex
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope
Posts: 1663
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 10:58 pm
Location: Clinging to the antlers of the midnight sun
Contact:

Post by Weedguru Anex »

I thought train spotting was dire. Requiem was brilliant. The story isn't amazing but the filming is awesome. Can't take it when I'm stoned though.
You people voted for Hubert Humphrey and you killed Jesus
goodshit
Casual toker
Casual toker
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2003 2:39 am
Location: Va-- USA
Contact:

Post by goodshit »

yeah the ending of Requiem can be a little too much depending on how messed up you are. But just how the movie looks, sounds and feels is amazing.
You know I got a pocket fulla sticky-icky-icky
User avatar
clashcityrocker
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 2419
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2003 12:14 am
Location: Canada
Contact:

Post by clashcityrocker »

It kicked ass. It isn't a drug movie: If you pay attention it is a movie about art. Each artist tries to say something with their art. This message is that the author of the book (it was a book at first) says that drugs never lead to good things in the end. Wether its coke, pot, TV, hope, love, or lust... Ok I'm done. Where is that fuckin double perk?
[img]http://piglet.techno.org/images/funny.gif[/img]
CCR presents: The Lord of the Rings, portrayed by noobbz
User avatar
PnkRckElite420
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 498
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2003 2:50 am
Location: Springfield Ohio
Contact:

Post by PnkRckElite420 »

One night i just smoked a couple blunts and my bro had rented this..and man..it was fuckin sweet. The coolest thing is when it shows the crack and stuff go through there bodys and all over its real sweeet
[img]http://www.artistdirect.com/Images/Sources/AMGCOVERS/music/cover200/drd900/d936/d93640raw1h.jpg[/img]
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users