Page 1 of 1
weed increases your metabolism
Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 10:49 pm
by A Green Desire
on of my close friends told me today that he's been losing so much because of weed. ( he lost like 30 pounds in 6 months..smokes about 4 times a week).
he said he fights the munchies and doesn't eat.
my question is does weed increase your metabolism, decrease it, or no change at all? Please don't post unless your sure. thanx in advance
Re: weed increases your metabolism
Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 11:19 pm
by Tarential
A Green Desire wrote:Please don't post unless your sure
Well that was stupid, you basically just ruined your chances of getting an answer. Noone here can possibly be sure of that, as its not an absolute. As with many things, it varies from person to person. Mostly, though, it doesn't have too great an overall effect on your metabolism (though it slows while you are stoned, one would imagine0.
Posted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 12:29 pm
by Azim
it increases your metabolism slightly while smoking, which causes the munchies. Yeah, most people who smoke, if they dont give into the munchies lose wieght pretty quickly.
Posted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 1:05 pm
by Nessus
Yeah smoking (anything) increases your metabolism....
Okay thats not strictly true, its just that some studies have shown that stopping smoking would decrase your metabolism... (you can't really justify a medical test in which you make a non-smoker start smoking!

)
- Nessus
Posted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 9:11 pm
by Tarential
Azim wrote:it increases your metabolism slightly while smoking, which causes the munchies. Yeah, most people who smoke, if they dont give into the munchies lose wieght pretty quickly.
I rarely get the munchies when I smoke. As for increasing the metabolism, that makes no sense when compared to what it does to you. Would you mind showing me the sources for where you found that information?
Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 7:25 am
by bleh
Hmm...Maybe this is the best way to lose this extra big bag of shit thats called 'fat'. But i gotta stop givin into the munchies. I should just smoke until I dont want to move, that will stop it.
Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 5:49 pm
by Skwerl_Butt
Sometimes when I know I'll be eating soon..I would smoke to get the munchies and then that way I would eat more than I would normally..i guess it helps my skinny ass
Posted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 12:31 pm
by weedguru tom
i rarely got mucnhies cuz i smoke it with so much tobacco, this tricks your body to higher your blood sugar levels. so your not hungry
Posted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 8:03 pm
by GodHand Kronix
Last night I was high and got a serious case of the munchies, ate one too many sun chips...was nauseous the whole damn night.
Posted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 5:16 am
by stnoed
why does everyone like sun chips so much.. whenever we go to 7-11 i get like slurpies and funyons but evryone else in my car gets fucking sun chips.. isnt it just like corn chips with cheese on it :\
Posted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 5:17 am
by stnoed
why does everyone like sun chips so much.. whenever we go to 7-11 i get like slurpies and funyons but evryone else in my car gets fucking sun chips.. isnt it just like corn chips with cheese on it :\
Posted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 3:34 am
by Greedyflye
dude sunchips rock,it's nothing like a cornchip or cheese.as for the main topic,i hardly ever eat when i'm high.I've lost a few pounds,but maybe niccotine is a factor?
Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 1:50 am
by Weed-iculous
i am on this a.d.d medicine(its a focusing problem not the nutso bouncin off the wall a.d.d) called concerta. I lost 15 pounds in the fisrt 2 weeks and ive been on it for a month now and ive dropped 30 it makes u not hungry as a scitefect. It was recently midterm time and i sold one pill for 5 bucks each i made 200 bucks it makes u think and focus so much better its like a 3 way awesome medicine. I was pretty fat now i got a gf and chicks actualy look ast me at dances its the shiznit there is some truth to wat ur riends sayion lots of models smoke becuase it makes u not hungry and plus theres a hand mouth thing where ur craving for cigs or pot overcomes ur hunger craving
Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 4:44 am
by the mac
^^ HAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAH i got a gf and chicks look @ me @ dances hahahahahahahahha holy shit that was comedy
Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 1:21 pm
by weedguru tom
yea smokign cigs makes me not hungry
i will only eat one meal a day, drink alot though`