Page 1 of 5

Sneezing

Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 10:50 am
by SundiRox
Did you know that holding a sneeze can actually kill you, because the air comes out of ur nose at 120ft/sec, if you hold it sends a shockwave back into u which can cause nasal fractures, ur ear drums can burst and in extreme cases it can actually kill you.

But I would never hold in a sneeze. Man I love sneezing. :D

Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 2:08 pm
by Ryan
Yawning > Sneezing

:oops:


rYan

Re: Sneezing

Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 2:48 pm
by TokeSmoke
SundiRox wrote:Did you know that holding a sneeze can actually kill you, because the air comes out of ur nose at 120ft/sec, if you hold it sends a shockwave back into u which can cause nasal fractures, ur ear drums can burst and in extreme cases it can actually kill you.

But I would never hold in a sneeze. Man I love sneezing. :D
there's no way to "HOLD" a sneeze. That is not true.where ever you hear that, it was just a myth, or old wives tale. You can only prevent a sneeze(by placing your finger right under your nose, but above your lip.) OR, you just sneeze. Same thing with your eyes. People say that if you hold your eyes open when you sneeze, that they will fall out. But try and do it. There is NO WAY possible to hold your eyes open when you sneeze.Unless your a freak of nature.

Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 2:50 pm
by Funk Doctor
It's very possible to hold your sneeze, I do it all the time.

Sneezing is like a little orgasm in your nose :lol:

Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 2:52 pm
by TokeSmoke
weedguru_specta wrote:It's very possible to hold your sneeze, I do it all the time.

Sneezing is like a little orgasm in your nose :lol:
no its not...either way, your body is going to sneeze. The only other way is to stop it before it gets to that point. and the only way to do that, is by what I said. and by stoping it that way, it doesn't create a "shockwave".

Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 2:53 pm
by Funk Doctor
I'm 100% sure it's possible to hold it.

Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 3:02 pm
by TokeSmoke
weedguru_specta wrote:I'm 100% sure it's possible to hold it.
how much you wanna bet?! HAHA! :lol:

Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 4:17 pm
by headiesmaster
i will throw money down on that bet, 10:1 odds says you cant hold it in(100%).

Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 5:36 pm
by TokeSmoke
you got money like that?!

Re: Sneezing

Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 8:59 pm
by SundiRox
TokeSmoke wrote:there's no way to "HOLD" a sneeze. That is not true.where ever you hear that, it was just a myth, or old wives tale. You can only prevent a sneeze(by placing your finger right under your nose, but above your lip.) OR, you just sneeze. Same thing with your eyes. People say that if you hold your eyes open when you sneeze, that they will fall out. But try and do it. There is NO WAY possible to hold your eyes open when you sneeze.Unless your a freak of nature.
it's not an old wives tale, that's why I posted it I thought it was a myth but saw something on TV about it sayimg how it was possible to die etc

it is ompossible to keep ur eyes open when u sneeze because they wld pop out

Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 9:20 pm
by Weedguru Sensei
again thats not true :P

Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 10:09 pm
by SundiRox
why? it makes anatomical sense that ur eyes wld be forced shut by a natural sapsm of muscles in ur face for a reason, why shouldn't that reason be to stop them from popping out??

Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 10:15 pm
by magic_mush88
That ant ture!!! IT WONT KILL YOU hey do it and we find out if you stop posting then you must be dead! :twisted:

Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 11:43 pm
by Weedguru Sensei
Its true you cant keep your eyes open, but say you had them held open like in ''a clockwork orange'', they wouldnt fucking pop out.

Posted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 12:43 am
by magic_mush88
clockwork orange was a kewl movie its not something I would want to see high though