Page 1 of 2
The Big Move
Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:40 am
by SToNeR ChRiS
Hey all, so I thought I would let everyone know what the future holds for the legendary SToNeR ChRiS

. This could have easily gone in the leaving/returning members thread but seeing as this may be my last post for awhile, what the heck? In about a week or so I'm going to be moving out of the place (my parent's house) that I have been living in for the past decade. If that's not enough of a jolt toward my system and current lifestyle on its own, a couple of weeks later I'm going to be heading to California for at the very least, a semi permanent move. Right now I live in Canada so say bye bye to cold winters. I'm still going to have some belongings in Canada so I will likely be back eventually... it's more a matter of when?? I'm going to apply to a masters program at UCLA as well so if I get accepted the move will turn from semi-permanent to permanent.
Anyway seeing as I don't know for how long I won't have internet after I move, the point of this thread is to let everyone know that I may disappear for awhile. On a side note, I probably will be smoking a lot less once I get down there so I don't really know what the future holds for me. On an extra side note, I smoke A LOT now, so thankfully cutting back doesn't mean much

. I've smoked for long enough now to accept that going cold turkey is not something I want to say is in my forseeable future until it happens. If it does, so be it. It's been a blast everyone and I'll definitely see you all again... just from a much different and more importantly warmer climate

. Take care weedguru, this is a high as a kite SToNeR ChRiS signing off.
Re: The Big Move
Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:09 am
by pkkupo
Good luck, brother. Sounds like it could be a blast if you have a job/school schedule you can tolerate. Hope you dig LA and UCLA digs you/you dig it. I know you'll dig winter... In a much different way than the rest of us in Canada/Northern mid-west (basically Canada) will.......

Re: The Big Move
Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:02 pm
by JokersAce
Farewell and welcome to California, where there's so much weed that if you thought it would be a sobe3r sanctuary then you are in for a twist.

Re: The Big Move
Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:44 pm
by weedguru tom
best of luck to you pal. been there done that, worked out great.

Re: The Big Move
Posted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:16 am
by Weedguru_Fire_Inside
Good luck Chris. Hope everything goes well. Cali is one of the places on my list for when I finish my studies. I just gotta keep my record clean for another few years so I can actually enter the USA. Anyway, once again, good luck dude. I hope the future gives you everything you desire.
Re: The Big Move
Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:44 am
by cutthecashflow
The only downside to los Angeles is there are way too many people. If you want to escape them you must make a journey into the desert past death valley where you will ultimately find yourself in a peyote trip so intense even the God's will not be able to calm the storm. After your adventure you will enter back into the concrete jungle with every type of human imaginable, but your Psyche having been ravished and raped in the desert will be far superior than your depraved/degenerate conterparts, that you will inevitably carry on unscathed in God's part of the world where he sends the other individuals who are not decent enough to join the rest of us in society.
Anyway, best of luck with your travels and try to drop in from time to time..
Re: The Big Move
Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:39 pm
by Ikku
Enjoy man. Never been to LA, personally I'm a big fan of the bay area.
Re: The Big Move
Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:34 am
by SToNeR ChRiS
Thanks for all the encouraging words my friends. I finally moved out of my old place last week and am now chilling at my grandfather's place for a few weeks before I head out west. I appreciate all the kind thoughts and will be sure to keep you all posted on how things turn out.

Re: The Big Move
Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:44 pm
by SToNeR ChRiS
weedguru tom wrote:best of luck to you pal. been there done that, worked out great.

By the way dude, if you don't mind me asking... From where and to where did you move?
Re: The Big Move
Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:29 am
by cutthecashflow
Oh, by the way UCLA has a gorgeous campus, but I'm sure you knew this already.
Re: The Big Move
Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:09 pm
by SToNeR ChRiS
So after a few months of delay (as can be seen by when this thread was started), I'm finally off to Los Angeles tomorrow! The excitement is kicking in and the uncertainty is somewhat thrilling. I'll be sure to keep in touch as much as I can but until then I hope everyone continues to smoke weed, stay healthy and be safe!
Re: The Big Move
Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:27 am
by Ikku
Don't get popped mayne
Re: The Big Move
Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:45 pm
by WeedGuru_Flow
i'm excited for you Chris, best of luck and who knows I might come visit you in a year, road trip etc.
Re: The Big Move
Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:21 am
by SToNeR ChRiS
Haha sounds like a plan Flow! You wouldn't regret it, that's for sure. I arrived safely and everything is going great. It's been less than 2-3 days though so I'm still not fully settled.
JokersAce wrote:Farewell and welcome to California, where there's so much weed that if you thought it would be a sobe3r sanctuary then you are in for a twist.

I can assure you that when I read this I did NOT know how right you would be. I knew it would probably be easy, but not this easy. I've been here less than 72 hours and I'm already experiencing my first weedguru high right this minute.

It didn't help that my father knew of a hookup so close to my area. I have been more active here though and stil plan on smoking much less than I was... which is not very hard. Other than that, I'm definitely vibing the change of scenery so far so all things are good.

Re: The Big Move
Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:43 pm
by Weedguru_Fire_Inside
Good shit man, sounds awesome.