Page 1 of 1

FoxFarms

Posted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:25 pm
by FoxyFarmer
You guys sure have alot of great information on these boards!

I've got 3 plants currently growing under a 400 watt HPS light. My babies are in FoxFarms Ocean Forest Soil and I have yet to feed them any food as they are only 2 weeks old

I see signs of yellowing so I know I have to feed them soon.

But I'm not sure what I should buy. I want to order Fox farms nutrients as well, but I can't figure out which products I need. Like Grow Big, Big Bloom, Tiger Bloom..do I need all three? And which are used in veg and which in flowering? Are there other micronutrients I need?

Image

They look hungry right?

Re: FoxFarms

Posted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:55 pm
by AbbyRoad
have you given them any other type of plant food?
cause the yellowing could be from a number of things.

Re: FoxFarms

Posted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:18 pm
by FoxyFarmer
No, they haven't had anything yet

Re: FoxFarms

Posted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:01 pm
by Weedguru Higher
Have a look at this, it should answer your questions

http://www.foxfarmfertilizer.com/faqfox-liquidfert.html

Otherwise Sprize who used Fox Farms might come along and offer some more advice

Your plant definately is showing a deficiency of some sorts...what it is isn't even relevant seeing that they have never been fed yet.

You gotta get some food into them soon! Worst case go get something cheap at a gardens store while you are waiting for your order

Re: FoxFarms

Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:32 am
by blackxs
They sell Foxfarms locally for me, check the Foxfarms website for local stores. Might be worth the drive to be able to pick up some stuff today and get em nice and fed.

Im also curious any information regarding the Foxfarms fertilizers and their soils. I am also using the ocean mix and my plants are going to need some nutes in a couple weeks

Re: FoxFarms

Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:33 am
by SpRi7e
How much you trying to spend for nutrients? $60 or $100? On average, the 3 basic fertilizers for Fox Farms are about 60 bucks.. If you want to go all out you can buy the full nutrient set from them which will definitely help out, the only thing is I don't know how much of a difference it'll make or if it's even worth it. But when you buy these, you'll probably have enough to use the nutes through 3-4 grow cycles

Re: FoxFarms

Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:11 pm
by Weedguru Higher
Fox Farms is the best of the best...

Re: FoxFarms

Posted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:39 am
by blackxs
SpRi7e wrote:How much you trying to spend for nutrients? $60 or $100? On average, the 3 basic fertilizers for Fox Farms are about 60 bucks.. If you want to go all out you can buy the full nutrient set from them which will definitely help out, the only thing is I don't know how much of a difference it'll make or if it's even worth it. But when you buy these, you'll probably have enough to use the nutes through 3-4 grow cycles
I think my girlfriend is buying my the Fox farms liquid nutes for christmas :P Woman knows what I like :blunt:

Ive been reading a lot and I think especially using their soil, their nutes will provide the best results.

Re: FoxFarms

Posted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:14 am
by Weedguru_RyaNayR
Weedguru Higher wrote:Otherwise Sprize who used Fox Farms might come along and offer some more advice
ok, i've ignored this for several times now, but now i'm gonna call you out on it man; Wtf is with you calling him 'Sprize' alll the time? the 7 is supposed to be a T, not a Z! why would you think... nevermind, but yeah you should call him Sprite from now on, cause yeah..

:ohjeez:

Re: FoxFarms

Posted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:13 pm
by Weedguru_Fire_Inside
I have never heard of this FoxFarms company before. Are they worth a try? I've always used Canna and they've been great.

They say if it ain't broke, don't fix it, but it's always good to experiment eh?

Re: FoxFarms

Posted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:42 pm
by blackxs
Weedguru_Fire_Inside wrote:I have never heard of this FoxFarms company before. Are they worth a try? I've always used Canna and they've been great.

They say if it ain't broke, don't fix it, but it's always good to experiment eh?
FoxFarms is a hugely reputable company especially for our kind of growing. Its basically the "go-to" soil in the US for growing pot. I also VAGUELY remember hearing canna and foxfarms are almost the same stuff. It might even be the same stuff under different names. Probably not though. FoxFarms is great though. Ocean Forest mix is very strong in nutrients - some people go 50/50 with perlite to get the nutrients down a little and hold more water.

Its a sterilized, nutrient rich soil that is very airy and perfect for weed.