Is that for real or what? I wish I was computer savy enough to pull off something like that.
Re: I should like to do this...
Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:00 pm
by Weedguru Higher
andriaSRH wrote:
Is that for real or what?
Re: I should like to do this...
Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:32 pm
by SpRi7e
holy shit.. I so wanna do this now when I get a networking job for places like this..
Re: I should like to do this...
Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:46 pm
by WeedGuru_Flow
haha, gold, but it seems rather weird it only takes the central powerbox and a couple of entries spliced in.
Re: I should like to do this...
Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:51 pm
by pkkupo
Yeah man, that'd be one hell of a program... Super cool anyway.
Re: I should like to do this...
Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:53 pm
by Weedguru_Falkon
WeedGuru_Flow wrote:haha, gold, but it seems rather weird it only takes the central powerbox and a couple of entries spliced in.
Why? That's where all the power to all the rooms go. It's the power grid to the building. You have a program that simply takes an array of the breaker and turns on or off position X,Y at instance 0,1
Re: I should like to do this...
Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:46 pm
by pkkupo
Yea, but it'd still be a bitch to write.
Re: I should like to do this...
Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:00 pm
by Weedguru_Falkon
yeah it would =/
thats part of why it's so fun to watch
Re: I should like to do this...
Posted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:41 am
by king
that is crazy.....regardless of how much of a bitch it prob was to make that program it was all worth it at the end...i would have lit a J and just sit back and enjoy...haha you see the one dude at the window maad pissed off
Re: I should like to do this...
Posted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:46 pm
by Weedguru_Fire_Inside
a little inconsiderate, no?
Granted, yes, it's pretty advanced and difficult to do, but these guys just potentially woke up a whole building. I hate being woken up and i hate pricks that wake me up.
good find though. i'd be super pissed if that happened to me.
Re: I should like to do this...
Posted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:15 pm
by Weedguru_Falkon
Its prob an office building, in which case yeah it would suck to have power do that, but it wouldn't be the end of the world
Re: I should like to do this...
Posted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:03 pm
by Weedguru Higher
How the hell was that done?
Re: I should like to do this...
Posted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:32 pm
by SpRi7e
Weedguru_Fire_Inside wrote:a little inconsiderate, no?
Granted, yes, it's pretty advanced and difficult to do, but these guys just potentially woke up a whole building. I hate being woken up and i hate pricks that wake me up.
good find though. i'd be super pissed if that happened to me.
I'd be pissed too if someone woke up my room by flashing my lights off and on..
BUT, to find out I was the winning shot in a real life space invaders simulation would overflow me with happiness
the way it's done I'm guessing, they had the control panel for all the lights in there hooked up to their server (that barebone computer) and used that to network to their laptops via wireless and control it through a program probably made specifically for office buildings like that. I'm not sure exactly with it, but that's essentially how you could do it.