Page 1 of 3
How far do you commute
Posted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:18 pm
by Weedguru_Falkon
to work or school?
Work is about a half hour drive, 25 miles or so. school, from here I can walk to a light rail stop a block and a half a way and take it to the university. from my house to my classes usually about half hour as well, even though it's only a mile or so
Re: How far do you commute
Posted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:50 pm
by SpRi7e
about 12 miles to work
about 25-30 miles for school once the year starts up in october
Re: How far do you commute
Posted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:26 pm
by Blunt Docta
haha school is not even 2 miles
probley barley even one , could walk or skate every morning, but usally far to high to feel like it
Re: How far do you commute
Posted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:16 pm
by Bubbles
im about a km away from my new school, my old school i was about 3 kms away, and my middle school i was a few blocks away. my town is quite small.
Re: How far do you commute
Posted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:53 pm
by Weedguru Higher
I don't go to school
And I don't have a fixed place of work.
Most jobs are close by within a few kilometers, but others are 20 km away. Some actually happen right in my driveway (Car repairs)
Re: How far do you commute
Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:00 am
by andriaSRH
Work is a 5 minute drive and about a 15-20 minute walk, depending on how fast I walk.
Re: How far do you commute
Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:26 am
by SpRi7e
sometimes I wish I lived in a city where I could walk to my job every day, or walk to school instead of driving a minimum of 7 minutes for civilization
actually...no i don't.
no...I do
kinda..
Re: How far do you commute
Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:52 am
by JokersAce
My exact route and everything is 1.55 miles if you must know.
Re: How far do you commute
Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:17 am
by Weedguru_Falkon
I ... do must know O.O
Re: How far do you commute
Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:38 am
by andriaSRH
My job is literally 1.71 miles away.
Re: How far do you commute
Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:22 am
by Gorecore
I walk to and from work 5 nights a week. It's 2.5 kilometers (1.5 miles) each way.
Re: How far do you commute
Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:49 am
by weedguru_animal
Depending on my nightly vodka and green intake, I arise from my slumber around 720ish, more often than not, still drunk. Recently I have been given to grabbing Ratm holding him close to me, and sleeping for another ten minutes or so, which leaves me approximately 10 minutes, to find my clothes, regain a semblance of balance, and hunt for my work pass and motorcycle keys. Then....I am OFF. Fighting my way through the morning city traffic, en route to the town hall. Sometimes, if I am feeling dangerously lacking lucidity, I take it easy, and my trip to work can stretch on these occasions, to near 14 fucking minutes, but generally, I aim closer to 7 minutes Ride Time. On the way home, i am horribly sober, but eager to get back here to my den, grab the rat, walk him, then get stuck in, once again to the vodka, so I remain eager for swiftness. So lets say, at best 7 minutes. At worst 14 minutes. The traffic is fine for me to play with on my beast, as its faster than ALL other vehicles, barring a few bigger sportsbikes ridden by even more deranged men than yours truly but unruly...However, when I am aware of my lack of basic balance required to even stand up straight without seeking a crutch of sorts, I take it a little easier.
Re: How far do you commute
Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:51 am
by Weedguru Higher
Gorecore wrote:I walk to and from work 5 nights a week. It's 2.5 kilometers (1.5 miles) each way.
Get a bike man...
Re: How far do you commute
Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:01 pm
by Gorecore
Weedguru Higher wrote:Gorecore wrote:I walk to and from work 5 nights a week. It's 2.5 kilometers (1.5 miles) each way.
Get a bike man...
Thought about it a couple times before...but nah. I would never want to bike in the winter, and the return trip home is mostly uphill. I'd hate to be so tired that I couldn't bike up the hill, so I'd have to wheel a bike plus my dying carcass uphill.
Re: How far do you commute
Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:16 pm
by Bubbles
Gorecore wrote:Weedguru Higher wrote:Gorecore wrote:I walk to and from work 5 nights a week. It's 2.5 kilometers (1.5 miles) each way.
Get a bike man...
Thought about it a couple times before...but nah. I would never want to bike in the winter, and the return trip home is mostly uphill. I'd hate to be so tired that I couldn't bike up the hill, so I'd have to wheel a bike plus my dying carcass uphill.
ugh hills are shitty on bikes, my town is half a giant hill and im right on the bottom, but all my friends are at the very top... i got a LOT of exercise(sp?) as a kid xD