So you like to dance?
Well I do and we generally all have some kinda silly dance that we do in private. It be kind of neat to see some silly dances!
Now some of you (i'm not tryin to be biased) women mostly might actually attend some kinda dance class.
I myself am a Belly dance student studing gypsy style but I am always trying to bring other moves into my dances.
Maybe you are club dancers
Post your favorite dance songs
I'd love to see some of you show me your stuff! Any style.
Post videos, I will if you
Re: Dance, and Dance music
Posted: Sun May 30, 2010 6:13 am
by Bubbles
i only can only dance on E
other than that when i get really happy a spin around lots
no videos cause fuck that.
Re: Dance, and Dance music
Posted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:03 pm
by Viewer_Discretion
ok now i feel naked someone at least post a video of a song they dance to anything. I'm really interested in what people dance too anything from club to traditional
Lets get this thread movin.
I would love to see different styles. Anything from b-boy to ballet. whatever you know. show us a move.
Everyone has a happy dance. show us that? Cultural dances maybe? I'm not sure Newfoundland has any dances other then drunk kitchen ones that's been going on sense forever. Our ancestors are all Irish and British.
the song
Re: Dance, and Dance music
Posted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:04 am
by weedguru_waffles
Yeah I've been wondering what everyone dances like as well.
I'd post a video, but my knee still isn't 100% yet... (I tore a tendon recently)
Although I don't think I have one set style of dancing.
PS. hooping is kind of my dancing style i guess... hmm lol http://vimeo.com/11335322
Re: Dance, and Dance music
Posted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:07 am
by andriaSRH
Oh shiz.
I am for sure gonna post a shuffle video tonight. It will take forever to upload cuz my computer is crappy, but it will be for sure worth it.
Re: Dance, and Dance music
Posted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:11 am
by Viewer_Discretion
yes and underlations upper and lower. I know hooping it looks like fun but i don't have the money for it they have it at my dance center. If your tore a tendon by all means rest well! A fellow belly dancer had to give up dance for 3 years to tendon injury. If it's bad it can send you back to level one. shes now in class with me learning all over again. retraining muscles and such.
I love watching everything
shuffle
jump style
hardstyle
skanking
I love seeing all kinds of dance and music.
If we had some people with musical talent it be cool to do a mini video of a bunch of WG members danceing.
whatever style and we can put it to music it be fun.
Sh sh sh sh shufffleeee. Focus on my feet more than my body. I watch my feet a little so my dancing doesn't look as great as it should.
Re: Dance, and Dance music
Posted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:35 pm
by andriaSRH
Only 51 seconds long..I ran outta breath haha. Might do another one in a bit. I look so off balance, damn my huge ass and child bearing hips!
Finally got out of the habit of looking at my feet.
Re: Dance, and Dance music
Posted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:48 pm
by weedguru_waffles
sweet, you're getting pretty darn good at it now eh.
Re: Dance, and Dance music
Posted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:51 pm
by andriaSRH
Thank yew. That means alot coming from an expert hoolah-er like yourself. ^.^
Every event I go to is a place to practice at. I've been getting alot of compliments which makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.
Re: Dance, and Dance music
Posted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:55 pm
by sugarstalker
yeh, that's really cool. you're good at shuffling aswell Waffles? I propose a dance-off!
Re: Dance, and Dance music
Posted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:00 pm
by weedguru_waffles
haha naw... i suck at shuffling. I can do the basics...but that's about it.
Yeah, andria, one of the reasons I used to go to events as well... i get to listen to good music and practice some hooping/dancing... maybe learn a few new moves from some ppl who are better :p or teach someone... heh.