Page 1 of 1

Mr. Lif

Posted: Mon May 17, 2010 1:25 pm
by (weedguru)scarf
I dont know much about him, but downloaded some of his music after hearing a track on Accu Radio...



Re: Mr. Lif

Posted: Mon May 17, 2010 1:33 pm
by weedguru_animal
I used to be a big fan of Mr Lif...until the Mo' Mega album, in which he sold himself out disgracefully to frat boy fucks...as for his other wicked songs:


mr lif- wanted


mr lif- target gristle


mr lif- madness in a cup


mr lif - phantom


mr lif - earthcrusher


the perceptionists- breathe in the sun


perceptionists - love letters

There are more, mate, but that is my main set of favourites...lif can rhyme, and his heart and mind are definitely in the Right place. Worth delving into...

Re: Mr. Lif

Posted: Mon May 17, 2010 1:37 pm
by (weedguru)scarf
cheers man... i have only listened to emergency rations and enters the colossus... im assuming i still have I phantom and live at the middle east before i get to Mo'Mega?

will continue my new interest....

Re: Mr. Lif

Posted: Mon May 17, 2010 2:01 pm
by weedguru_animal
they came before...long before. He also made an album during Obama's election campaign and then his election. All of which is very raw, some of which is wicked. I am sure you will understand my earlier comments when you wade your way through mo mega and find washitup...he went from political hero, to spastic zero, so fucking quickly. Such is the quality of his earlier work, especially madness in a cup and wanted, that he obviously haS THE talent to redeem himself...time will tell.

Re: Mr. Lif

Posted: Wed May 19, 2010 6:27 pm
by Mate
Wooo
Wanted is god damn solid.

That instrumental is one of the best i've heard in a pretty long time.

Re: Mr. Lif

Posted: Thu May 20, 2010 1:23 pm
by Dr. Greenthumb
Shit thanks for reminding me of this guy, I haven't listened to his stuff in forever. I use to have a DVD of him touring with El-P, not only is he a good rapper but he's pretty damn funny and smokes alot of herb. I also use to have a couple of his albums, one was with the perceptionist.

I don't know what happened to any of those things...along with my favorite pair of cargo pants. I hate losing shit.