Page 1 of 1

Adderall

Posted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:11 pm
by Weedguru Higher
Adderall

Image

What is Adderall?

Adderall is a brand-name pharmaceutical psychostimulant used primarily to treat attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder and narcolepsy. Adderall has been commonly prescribed for many years as a treatment for children and adults with attention deficit/hyperactive disorder (ADHD), a disorder that prevents children and adults from being able to focus on tasks for extended periods of time, a particularly detrimental condition for school performance. There are also other reasons for taking Adderall aside from just alleviating the symptoms of ADHD. Adderall is also licensed for narcolepsy treatment. Narcolepsy is a condition that involves falling asleep uncontrollably and at unusual times.

How is Adderall Used?

There are many ways that Adderall is abused. While some people abuse Adderall by taking it the way it was designed to be taken (orally), others may inject, smoke, or snort Adderall.

What are it's Effects?

There are many reasons why Adderall is abused that are the same as other stimulants. One reason Adderall is abused is to get "high." Stimulants such as Adderall can increase alertness, attention, and energy, which are accompanied by increases in blood pressure, heart rate, and breathing.

Another reason Adderall is abused is for weight loss . Weight loss is a common side effect of Adderall. Adderall is also sometimes abused by students who do not have ADHD, but feel that it helps them perform better in school. Because Adderall is composed of amphetamine and dextroamphetamine, there is a very high risk of addiction and dependence that can lead to illegal behaviours, such as, doctor hopping, other crimes, and even theft in order to get more, however, since Adderall is so commonly prescribed, it is usually not difficult to find ways to obtain Adderall illegally and many people often turn to the Internet to get Adderall illegally.

Side Effects and Addiction


The consequences of Adderall abuse can be extremely dangerous. Taking high doses of a stimulant can result in an irregular heartbeat, dangerously high body temperatures, and/or the potential for cardiovascular failure or seizures. Taking high doses of some stimulants repeatedly over a short period of time can lead to hostility or feelings of paranoia in some individuals. Adderall should not be mixed with antidepressants or over-the-counter common cold medicine containing decongestants. Antidepressants may enhance the effects of Adderall and taking Adderall with decongestants may cause blood pressure to become dangerously high or lead to irregular heart rhythms.

Amphetamines, including Adderall, can cause withdrawal symptoms in people who stop taking them too quickly. However, Adderall withdrawal is more likely to happen when people take higher doses of Adderall than recommended. People who take Adderall as prescribed for a legitimate medical purpose do not usually have withdrawal symptoms when stopping Adderall. Some withdrawal symptoms of Adderall can include extreme fatigue, depression, and changes in heart rhythm others include:

* Symptoms of tourettism
* Seizures or abnormal EEGs
* High blood pressure
* Tachycardia
* Swelling of hands/feet/ankles (for example, numbing of the fingertips)
* Delusions
* Hallucinations
* Sweating
* Vomiting
* Intense Dehydration
* Muscle Pain
* Lower abdominal pain

Tolerance, extreme psychological dependence, and severe social disability can occur when amphetamines like Adderall are abused. The manufacturer warns against exceeding the prescribed dosage, injecting the drug, or insufflation of the drug. Prolonged high doses of amphetamines followed by an abrupt cessation can result in extreme fatigue and mental depression. Chronic abuse of amphetamines can manifest itself as psychosis, often indistinguishable from schizophrenia.

Users going "cold turkey" (withdrawal without using counteractive drugs or symptom-reducing), are more likely to experience the negative effects of withdrawal in a more pronounced manner.

From the medical effects of Adderall to social problems, SouthCoast Recovery’s Adderall addiction treatment brings solutions to the clients in a way that is tangible and easy to apply. Taking this into consideration we have put together to program that takes the mind body spirit approach to the client’s lives. We think that this is the best way to bring the clients all of the Adderall treatment opportunities that we have.

Re: Adderall

Posted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:58 pm
by Ikku
Good ol' addy. I don't think I've taken any this semester actually and I'm doing pretty shit in school right now. This stuff is a must-have for college students IMO. I don't know that it really improves my concentration but it makes studying less boring cause I have a nice buzz and can stay up for really long periods of time.

Re: Adderall

Posted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:44 am
by Bubbles
Ikku wrote:Good ol' addy. I don't think I've taken any this semester actually and I'm doing pretty shit in school right now. This stuff is a must-have for college students IMO. I don't know that it really improves my concentration but it makes studying less boring cause I have a nice buzz and can stay up for really long periods of time.
not to mention you could read a book in about 34 seconds.

Re: Adderall

Posted: Thu May 06, 2010 10:49 pm
by Dr. Greenthumb
I've been using this stuff to study lately. I've been taking two 5mg doses a day. This over the weekend i'm going to take one 10mg and see if that is more effective. I'm trying to keep the doses small. I notice after taking it that i have enhanced focus for 3-4 hours then it sort of fades out. I also try taking the stuff on an empty stomach so it's more effective.

Years ago when I use to try the stuff in higher doses it would leave me feeling coked out for hours. No hunger and zero hours of sleep

Re: Adderall

Posted: Fri May 07, 2010 12:43 am
by cutthecashflow
^Yea around finals it becomes very popular around here. I can only find dextroamphetimine in 30mg doses, so its kind of pointless for me to take any to study because I just get too hyper and uppity.

Re: Adderall

Posted: Fri May 07, 2010 2:52 am
by Ikku
^Take half of it? Or less?

I haven't been using this stuff even though I'm in the middle of finals. We'll see how my grades do. I'm pretty sure I just got a C in cell bio :roll:

Re: Adderall

Posted: Thu May 13, 2010 6:21 am
by Dr. Greenthumb
I've been using the 5mg pills to study for the past week. I have my test friday morning, do you guys think I should take some the morning of the test? I haven't been feeling it hitting me hard or anything. I might tap my foot a little more than usual but that's it.

Re: Adderall

Posted: Thu May 13, 2010 7:56 am
by cutthecashflow
Snort like 30mgs and then you will know every answer from 2 + 2 to why god put you on this earth. Finals just finished here, I cant wait to party!

On another note it has been shown that if you simulate your studying experience with test taking then you tend to do well. The correlation is high, so I suggest whatever you have been doing to study, do it before the test. It should lead to favorable results.

Re: Adderall

Posted: Sun May 16, 2010 6:59 pm
by Dr. Greenthumb
Popped one before the test and everything went as good as it could've gone. 2 more weeks and I'll know if I passed.

Re: Adderall

Posted: Thu May 20, 2010 8:35 pm
by Ikku
Well I managed a 3.0 after all. It's the worst I've done in any semester in college though. I smoked too much weed and took too little adderall. :\

Re: Adderall

Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:36 am
by Ricardo
Are any of u guys addicted?

Re: Adderall

Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:49 am
by Roms47159
studying experience with test taking then you tend to do well.
ดาวน์โหลด gclub