Page 1 of 1

How long do

Posted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:09 pm
by wgToonces
...autoflowering seeds last?

I won them around a year ago in the WG lotto but haven't had a chance to do anything with them. Just wondering if they will still be growable.

If Animal reads this could you check exactly how long ago the lotto was held. I think I won the second round.

Re: How long do

Posted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:13 am
by Weedguru Higher
autoflowering seeds are gonna be the same as any other seed as far as I know. I seed is a seed I'm pretty sure...

How long they last depends how they are being stored. Read here for some info on that

http://www.weedguru.com/forum/viewtopic ... 68&t=26706

I just realized though that that guide has no mention of how long they can potentially last under ideal conditions. I really don't know either so I'll have to go do some research and get back to you

I'm pretty sure we're talking atleast several years though....I just gotta find some info to confirm that

Re: How long do

Posted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:47 am
by Bubbles
fuck i know this one but i cannot for the life of me remember.

you can save them for a real long time i know that, aslong as you dont destroy them.

Re: How long do

Posted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:25 am
by wgToonces
Shit, yeah sorry I should've mentioned then that they've been stored in a cool and dry drawer, sealed within the baggie which is still wrapped in the bubble wrap it first came in.

Re: How long do

Posted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:42 pm
by Bubbles
Toonces wrote:Shit, yeah sorry I should've mentioned then that they've been stored in a cool and dry drawer, sealed within the baggie which is still wrapped in the bubble wrap it first came in.
fuck itll stay good for ever if its properly stored. and im entirely serious about that.

Re: How long do

Posted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:23 am
by Weedguru Higher
These folks http://www.a1b2c3.com/drugs/mjgrow9b.htm say this


"Marijuana seeds will usually remain viable for about 2 years after they are produced by a female plant. Under ideal conditions, some seeds will last for up to about 5 years. To keep them viable for as long as possible, store them in an area that is cool, dark, and dry until they are ready to be germinated."

But I'm pretty sure that inacurate info....hold on let me go look more

Re: How long do

Posted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:11 am
by Bubbles
Weedguru Higher wrote:These folks http://www.a1b2c3.com/drugs/mjgrow9b.htm say this


"Marijuana seeds will usually remain viable for about 2 years after they are produced by a female plant. Under ideal conditions, some seeds will last for up to about 5 years. To keep them viable for as long as possible, store them in an area that is cool, dark, and dry until they are ready to be germinated."

But I'm pretty sure that inacurate info....hold on let me go look more
i figure under ideal conditions they would last a LONG time. i mean theyve found viable seeds that are like from back when the middle east wasnt a dead area and was lush.

Re: How long do

Posted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:23 pm
by Weedguru Higher
Ya me to, but I haven't yet found any reliable sources stating that....

Re: How long do

Posted: Sun May 02, 2010 6:28 pm
by skunkskool
12 months to 2 years if stored in a cool, dark place. I wouldn't expect seeds to be good after that.

freeze them and they could probably last forever. Nobody has ever done it long enough to find out that i know of. I've frozen seeds myself for a couple years no problem.