Page 1 of 1

Ambien

Posted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:23 pm
by Ikku
I have 10mg of Ambien my friend traded me. He needs it to sleep, but he usually stays awake the first hour or two after taking it because he says it gives very interesting hallucinogenic effects. I'll talk to him online a lot of the time while he's tripping and one time he was talking about shadow people carrying on conversations or just in general hanging out in his peripheral vision, which sounds a lot like DMT elves. One time it seemed like he was undergoing some intense ego death, he was referring to himself in the third person and saying that he wasn't there right now, instead it was "we," so it seemed like he was making some kind of extra dimensional contact. :P

I wish I had logged the conversation because it was extremely interesting. Anyone taken Ambien? I would have taken it by now but he says it won't work if I've eaten the previous few hours, and I pretty much never have an empty stomach.

Re: Ambien

Posted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:28 pm
by andriaSRH
I've never taken it but my boyfriends mom abuses the hell of it. She sees the shadow people too. It's pretty annoying. She will scream my name and I will go see what's up and she will be like "There is a little boy hanging from my ceiling fan." :/

Re: Ambien

Posted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:05 am
by Weedguru Higher
andriaSRH wrote:I've never taken it but my boyfriends mom abuses the hell of it. She sees the shadow people too. It's pretty annoying. She will scream my name and I will go see what's up and she will be like "There is a little boy hanging from my ceiling fan." :/
:shock:
Visual hallucinations are the most common type experienced by Ambien users. A Visual hallucination can come in a few forms; seeing a mixture of colors with your eyes opened or closed. Seeing people or objects that are not actually there, seeing moving people or objects such as people dancing on the ceiling above you bed or being rained on by colorful popcorn.

Hallucinations can be experienced as real meaning that the person can't tell the difference between reality and the hallucinations or the person knows the hallucination is not real but still sees it.

Auditory hallucinations are also experienced by Ambien users in this case the person will hear voices sometimes telling them to do things they would not normally do therefore not having touch with reality. The other type of auditory hallucination is hearing voices, sounds and everyday noises such as a train coming when there are no trains around for miles making it possible for a person to actually hear a real train. In this case the person knows what they are hearing is not part of their reality.

Re: Ambien

Posted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:21 am
by Ikku
Well you guys are just scaring me away from it. My friend can't sleep without it, and he always tells me it's a lot of fun. Then again he also says he can't ever remember any of it, he just enjoys reading his weirded out conversation logs online the next day.

Re: Ambien

Posted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:43 am
by Gorecore
I'll never understand how a drug like this is legal and marijuana isn't.

Re: Ambien

Posted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:55 pm
by Ikku
Dunno but if nothing else I'll just use it to reset my sleep schedule, I woke up at 4pm Sunday and it's now 9am Monday...blaahhhh

Re: Ambien

Posted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:39 pm
by andriaSRH
Weedguru Higher wrote:
:shock:
Visual hallucinations are the most common type experienced by Ambien users. A Visual hallucination can come in a few forms; seeing a mixture of colors with your eyes opened or closed. Seeing people or objects that are not actually there, seeing moving people or objects such as people dancing on the ceiling above you bed or being rained on by colorful popcorn.

Hallucinations can be experienced as real meaning that the person can't tell the difference between reality and the hallucinations or the person knows the hallucination is not real but still sees it.

Auditory hallucinations are also experienced by Ambien users in this case the person will hear voices sometimes telling them to do things they would not normally do therefore not having touch with reality. The other type of auditory hallucination is hearing voices, sounds and everyday noises such as a train coming when there are no trains around for miles making it possible for a person to actually hear a real train. In this case the person knows what they are hearing is not part of their reality.
.....
I know it causes hallucinations..What are you getting at? :|

Ikku wrote:Well you guys are just scaring me away from it. My friend can't sleep without it, and he always tells me it's a lot of fun. Then again he also says he can't ever remember any of it, he just enjoys reading his weirded out conversation logs online the next day.
I wouldn't do it...but that's because I've witnessed first hand how retarded it makes people.

Re: Ambien

Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:15 pm
by cutthecashflow
I'm prescribed to ambien CR. I have the option of taking 12.5-25mg on a nightly basis to fall asleep. I have taken it before and stayed up when I was first prescribed to check out the effects and yea it is pretty weird. Everything in reality is as if you are dreaming and its just quite weird. But when I take it like Im supposed to which is 95 percent of the time it works wonders in allowing me to sleep. Actually when you take it and lay in bed you can feel yourself drifting off, which gives off some interesting psychological effects in itself. DO NOT DRINK ON THIS MEDICATION---> BAD THINGS CAN HAPPEN.

Edit: Andria if you take the medication properly it doesn't make you retarded. I take it at night, get up fine in the morning, and go on with my day. Smoking weed all day is what makes me retarded and unable to concentrate on things that need to be done such as homework, reading, and writing papers.

Re: Ambien

Posted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:35 am
by Bubbles
cutthecashflow wrote:I'm prescribed to ambien CR. I have the option of taking 12.5-25mg on a nightly basis to fall asleep. I have taken it before and stayed up when I was first prescribed to check out the effects and yea it is pretty weird. Everything in reality is as if you are dreaming and its just quite weird. But when I take it like Im supposed to which is 95 percent of the time it works wonders in allowing me to sleep. Actually when you take it and lay in bed you can feel yourself drifting off, which gives off some interesting psychological effects in itself. DO NOT DRINK ON THIS MEDICATION---> BAD THINGS CAN HAPPEN.

Edit: Andria if you take the medication properly it doesn't make you retarded. I take it at night, get up fine in the morning, and go on with my day. Smoking weed all day is what makes me retarded and unable to concentrate on things that need to be done such as homework, reading, and writing papers.
that dreamy hollow feeling is how i used to feel ALL the time before i took melatonin. i dont trust myself with addictive medications even though i have an immense amount of self control.

it sounds like staying awake on ambien is only a bit different than the way you feel getting only 1-2 hours of sleep a night.

Re: Ambien

Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:18 pm
by JokersAce
I use dipenhydramine to get me tired, it has hallucinogenic qualities to it but at the standard 25 mg dose one rarely gets more than the occasional looking at the wall and thinking its a doorway confusion.

Re: Ambien

Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:34 am
by beverly1
I have been taking ambien for two months now and I find if I don't take it one night that when I wake up at say 12:30 a.m. that I can't get back to sleep and will stay awake until sunrise. Many interesting facts about ambien http://www.ambienwithoutaprescription.com/

Re: Ambien

Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:41 pm
by andriaSRH
cutthecashflow wrote:I'm prescribed to ambien CR. I have the option of taking 12.5-25mg on a nightly basis to fall asleep. I have taken it before and stayed up when I was first prescribed to check out the effects and yea it is pretty weird. Everything in reality is as if you are dreaming and its just quite weird. But when I take it like Im supposed to which is 95 percent of the time it works wonders in allowing me to sleep. Actually when you take it and lay in bed you can feel yourself drifting off, which gives off some interesting psychological effects in itself. DO NOT DRINK ON THIS MEDICATION---> BAD THINGS CAN HAPPEN.

Edit: Andria if you take the medication properly it doesn't make you retarded. I take it at night, get up fine in the morning, and go on with my day. Smoking weed all day is what makes me retarded and unable to concentrate on things that need to be done such as homework, reading, and writing papers.
We were talking about using it properly? :3

Re: Ambien

Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:22 pm
by cutthecashflow
I've been off of it now for over a year. It lost it's effectiveness fairly fast and if I took them recreationally to have an experience I was always too tired the next day. If I want effective sleep now I'll take a couple Ativan followed by a Klonopin and I sleep fine. I also wake up better and can function at school if I am able to run across some strong coffee preferably with a few shots of espresso thrown in.