Page 1 of 2
Olympic Athlete Dies In Training
Posted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:54 am
by Weedguru Higher
Re: Olympic Athlete Dies In Training
Posted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:47 pm
by NinjetteDL420
I couldnt stop watching the video... he was going to fast. then the impact and way he landed. horrible
Re: Olympic Athlete Dies In Training
Posted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:13 pm
by andriaSRH
That poor guy. I seriously have tears in my eyes right now. He last thoughts were probably "WTF!!!" 21 is too young to die.

Re: Olympic Athlete Dies In Training
Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:21 am
by (weedguru)scarf
at least it would have been instantaneous... at least you hope..
very poor design
Re: Olympic Athlete Dies In Training
Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:10 am
by andriaSRH
The more I look at it, the more think he had a good few seconds to think about what was going on. He was probably pissed he didn't complete his run and less concerned about dying.
Re: Olympic Athlete Dies In Training
Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:20 am
by (weedguru)scarf
i dont think you have a good few seconds at 80kph...
Re: Olympic Athlete Dies In Training
Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:38 am
by Bubbles
(weedguru)scarf wrote:i dont think you have a good few seconds at 80kph...
i hear it was over 100km/h
Re: Olympic Athlete Dies In Training
Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:01 pm
by Weedguru Higher
I heard it was 150km/h
Re: Olympic Athlete Dies In Training
Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:30 pm
by NinjetteDL420
andriaSRH wrote:The more I look at it, the more think he had a good few seconds to think about what was going on. He was probably pissed he didn't complete his run and less concerned about dying.
yeah if you watch the video, i would think that he died instantly. I heard it was 80 mph. because as soon as he hit, something flew off and u see how his body was laying...
Re: Olympic Athlete Dies In Training
Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:46 pm
by Weedguru Higher
88 mph = 142 km/h
Re: Olympic Athlete Dies In Training
Posted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:42 pm
by andriaSRH
Weedguru Higher wrote:I heard it was 150km/h
I heard 140.
But yea the more that I think about it, it probably was instantaneous. At least he didn't suffer.
Re: Olympic Athlete Dies In Training
Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:28 am
by (weedguru)scarf
andriaSRH wrote:Weedguru Higher wrote:I heard it was 150km/h
I heard 140.
But yea the more that I think about it, it probably was instantaneous.
At least he didn't suffer.
yeah very true... there would have been a moment or two of terror i imagine as he realised he was out of control, but then nothing hopefully...
he died doing something he loved so i hope that at least helps console his family a little
Re: Olympic Athlete Dies In Training
Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:05 pm
by Weedguru Higher
Pretty awful for his family....they send him off to win medal, and he comes back in a body bag.
Tragic.
And they're seeing what we're seeing on TV

Re: Olympic Athlete Dies In Training
Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:44 pm
by Bubbles
the bad thing is the family wants to sue the olympics.
first of all, its the olympics, and its way more important than that guy.
second its the olympics they cant win
third, theyll lose everything to lawyers having no money left for anything else.
Re: Olympic Athlete Dies In Training
Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:34 am
by Funk Doctor
What an excellent idea to put steel columns right next to the fastest bend in the fastest ice track on the planet. Go Canada
