Page 1 of 2

Smoking while sick

Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:32 pm
by stonedross
I was just wondering if it's ok for me to get high when I have a cold. It's just a stuffy nose, sorta sore throat, and sneezing. I thought it best to ask here before I tried.

Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:45 pm
by Dakine
ofc.

Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:47 pm
by Jetasis
For sure man...toke away! Do keep in mind if you want to start feeling better, smoking weed probably isn't the first thing you should be doing. It may irritate your sore throat a bit. So if you're smoking it might take you a little longer to start feeling better..

Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:09 pm
by Ikku
I dunno, I've had a sore throat for a while now, smoking didn't really bother me though. In fact after getting high I do think I felt better.

However with a full blown cold, smoking sucks. Did it a couple weeks ago, completely dried out my nose and throat, couldn't breathe for shit.

Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:43 am
by SladeHino
Smokin won't help but it won't hurt except for a sore throat, if its serious. But other then that i see no reason not to. Just wouldn't share without telling.

Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:47 am
by AbbyRoad
youll be hacking up shit for a month

Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:44 am
by buck333
if your just a bit sick then hells yes. not only will it help you eat more to get more nutrients going to fuel your immune system but you will sleep better and be generally more relaxed, lower stress=better working immune system

BUT for long term sicknesses it will lower your ability to fight it and agitate your lungs pretty bad. If you feel REALLY shitty I wouldnt recomend it as other people said you will be coughing fuckin horrible for weeks. so if its not that bad go ahead, if its laying you on your ass with fever and shit just wait

Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:51 am
by MatteN
i recommend smoking just alittle to get u alittle high and just chillin.

Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:55 am
by weedguru+chrisisonfire
abby wrote:youll be hacking up shit for a month

Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:37 am
by Ikku
Actually I've had a sore throat for a few days now, it hurts to swallow and my voice is shot but it doesn't hurt to inhale deeply (or to inhale smoke) so it all depends.

smoking when sick

Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:22 am
by osirus15
i heard somewhere that weed lowers your white blood cell count or some shit, so you can get sick easier... but i dont know i smoke when im sick all the time i always feel better... smoke a couple bowls and throw in a movie and lay down youll be alright :-D

Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:23 am
by blazedsubaru
You will feel a shitload better and if you are laying around resting the day won't seem so long and it will be okay. That's the worst part of being sick, laying around gets so boring!

Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:20 am
by SomeONE?
take small hits or cook the weed
I had strep throat and one big bong rip killed me and i had to stop smoking till i got better

Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:27 am
by blazedsubaru
So this is a funny story, and I guess it relates.
I used to hang out with these gangster types, and one day we are chillin' at this guy's house. We were smoking out on the street, ya know, fuck the po-lice, let the neighbors think we're wild, shit like that. But one guy just had his tonsils taken out and if he smoked the holes would get infected or would hurt or something. I don't really remember, all I knew is he couldn't smoke through his mouth. So someone busted out one of those beer helmets. They took both hoses and 2 fat blunts and shotgunned one blunt into each hose, which went from the top of the helmet down into this kid's nostril. He said it burned like hell, but he still got fucked up and his teeth didn't get infected.

...

Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:44 am
by osirus15
dude holy shit... that kids braver then i, ive hit J's out of my nose but fuck someone blowing smoke through a tube straight through my nose