Page 1 of 1

Congo

Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:48 am
by Ziggy
Tried searching for it but couldnt find any matches.

Just saw this movie and I really liked it.

A megalomaniacal C.E.O. sends his son into the dangerous African Congo on a quest for a source of diamonds large enough and pure enough to function as powerful laser communications transmitters (or is it laser weapons?). When contact is lost with his son and the team, his sometime daughter- in-law is sent after them. She is a former CIA operative and, accompanied by gee-whiz gadgetry and a few eccentric characters (including a mercenary, a researcher with a talking gorilla, and a a nutty Indiana-Jones-type looking for King Solomon's Mines), sets out to rescue her former fiance. What they all discover is that often what we most want turns out to be the source of our downfall.

Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:29 pm
by (weedguru)scarf
man that sounds like the most far out whacked movie imaginable...

were you ripped when watching it?

Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:57 pm
by Ziggy
well...........ye. but i still think its a good movie lol

Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:35 pm
by Dr. Greenthumb
I saw this in theaters as a young kid, it freaked the shit out of me. For weeks I was thinking monkeys were going to attack me. For some reason the movie was engrained in my head even though I haven't seen it since.

Good film, I'm gonna have to remember to rent it and watch it when I'm stoned.